Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant - January 2012

Options

Replies

• abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of posts and it’s only the 5th! I had taken a bit of a break from the board because it was simply too much (and I see nothing has changed). I just wanted everyone to know that I’m still lurking around but decided to get a little more serious with my food logging and my exercise, I’ve been gaining a little more than I’d like and I know a chunk of it is from bad choices I made and not the baby. So here is to the new year of all nutritious foods for baby and lots of exercise for me!

Ash
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ladies i have a question

i was taking 5mg of folic acid in my first trimester. i have seen 3 gynae doctors during this pregnancy(my mistake that i always walked in and chose the available dr but in the same hospital where my history is maintained in a file). the 1st one prescribed 5 mg of folic, 2nd n 3rd said its too much and when i asked should i reduce both said no keep taking 5mg n thats how i took 5 mg through out 1st trimester.

now my 2nd has started, a friend of mine said her GP told her to reduce foilc acid intake in 2nd? my question is how much? im asking ill definately consult min but is on leave till 17 jan
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY (i'm full of questions :laugh:)

When do you register at the hospital? the day of delivery? prior? Do we do this? Does our Dr do this?

Denise, my doctor had me schedule mine at 32 weeks, couldn't actually get it done til next Tuesday, but if you do it before hand they won't be bugging you with all sorts of questions while your in labor, and trust me the last thing you will want to do is talk about your insurance when your in labor. I'd do it ahead of time if you can.

Dixiejo - So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I think the group things is a great idea!!! I love this board but it's A LOT to keep up with. I think most of us are at work trying to be quick too. :)

Ashley - Thanks for the info on the glider, I don't live near a target, but I'm going to look on line.

Quick update for me:

I thought for sure yesterday was the day!!!! Was feeling weird on Tuesday all day, just uncomfortable, irritated and tired, well I couldn't sleep on Wed., 3 a.m. rolled around and I started having contractions, nothing major but at times a little rough. Contractions ranged from 4 min apart to 22 min. apart....I waited until 8:00 got my son to school and called my doctor, she said wait until they are more regular and consistent then come down. I think they forget I live an hour and a half away sometimes, but I waited it out. Eventually they stopped and I fell asleep for a little bit, they started back up and were irregular again. Today I have a HUGE backache, and my doctor said it's ok, it's just the start of labor and she don't plan on stopping it at this point. So wish me luck, I guess I could have her sooner than I thought. I think were ready though. All except a name, LOL. We'll have to agree once she's here, so I'm done worrying about that. Doctor also said girls lungs develop faster than boys so this early she don't see a problem. I am really hoping she stays in there just a couple more weeks for work purposes, but at this point I think it's highly likely she'll be here sooner than later.

Only 2 days of training for the girl taking my place, so they may be a little lost w/out me. But I am just a phone call away I guess.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For those of you who haven't heard the news: we switched over to Group status! Click on the group link below and join us!
    SOOOO... I just took a stab at trying to create a "Fit, Fabulous, & Pregnant" Group. Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

I added Discussion Topics that you all have mentioned. Check it out, give me some feedback, and join! I'm pretty new to the thread, so some of you who have been using this tool longer might have some better insight on how to make this as useful as possible for all the future moms that are flocking to this forum!

KRISTI
    19w2d
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HI Lady's-

I hope everyone is having a great friday! We went to the doctor yesterday for another ultra sound- They want to be able to see the heartbeat- It was amazing! This is our first child- so to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat- was the wildest thing I have ever experienced! Other than that- everything is still going great.

I haven't heard anyone mention this- but I am having a lot of stuffy/runny nose problems- The doctor said that was normal, but that it will just get worse. I think this is because I have such horrible allergy problems anyway- I don't wan to take medication to much- but I wasn't sure if any lady's out there knew of any tips/tricks I could try!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Goals for today
    Be able to eat more! Still not wanting to eat to much
    Go to bed early!!! Around 10 would be great!
    Drink lots of water
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    HI Lady's-

I hope everyone is having a great friday! We went to the doctor yesterday for another ultra sound- They want to be able to see the heartbeat- It was amazing! This is our first child- so to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat- was the wildest thing I have ever experienced! Other than that- everything is still going great.

I haven't heard anyone mention this- but I am having a lot of stuffy/runny nose problems- The doctor said that was normal, but that it will just get worse. I think this is because I have such horrible allergy problems anyway- I don't wan to take medication to much- but I wasn't sure if any lady's out there knew of any tips/tricks I could try!

Goals for today
    Drink lots of water

Morning brandy,

I think for the most part the majority of us are suffering from these allergies. My doctor just called and said i could take any tylenol product (cold/sinus), sudafed & dayquil medication. Do not take any "night time" medication unless it's tylenol. He also said to keep up on the OJ & water. Lots of bed rest and that was about it.
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    HI Lady's-

Goals for today
    Drink lots of water

I've been running a cool mist humidifier at night. It has helped tremendously. Drinking more water will also help some. My doc approved benedryl and zyrtec, but I'm trying to avoid meds too.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing cloth diapers with this baby. I didn't do cloth with my first 12 years ago because I don't remember them being so popular like the are now. I did get mine on Zulily for really cheap, Bumgenius, one size. which basically means you only buy one size. I'm not too sure about how its going to work because I will be going back to work after 3 months and I'm going to assume the person taking care of him will not want to be doing this, so i guess I'll buy diapers for babysitter and use cloth every other time. I am feeling a little nervous about the whole thing but also am feeling excited to see how much it'll actually save us, if any. :) Good luck

Elce 35w6D
    Today has been a rather productive day for me! I have officially started the process of clearing out the babies room. We currently use that room as our office. We each have a desk and all of my craft supplies are in the room. I managed to clear off the hutch and have my son help me move it downstairs. Then we moved a handful of other items. My husband was shocked when he got home. We might also move my actual desk downstairs tonight after dinner. It has surprised me how exciting I find this process to be.

I also emailed a chiropractor that offers natural child birth classes to see about getting more info from her. I really hope that it is something we can make happen as I am going the natural route and would like as many techniques as possible to ft over the hard spots.

We also started researching cloth diapers. I am not sure what route we will go but it sure can be over whelming to read about all the different types of cloth diapers. Anyone else doing cloth?
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing cloth diapers with this baby. I didn't do cloth with my first 12 years ago because I don't remember them being so popular like the are now. I did get mine on Zulily for really cheap, Bumgenius, one size. which basically means you only buy one size. I'm not too sure about how its going to work because I will be going back to work after 3 months and I'm going to assume the person taking care of him will not want to be doing this, so i guess I'll buy diapers for babysitter and use cloth every other time. I am feeling a little nervous about the whole thing but also am feeling excited to see how much it'll actually save us, if any. :) Good luck

Elce 35w6D
    Today has been a rather productive day for me! I have officially started the process of clearing out the babies room. We currently use that room as our office. We each have a desk and all of my craft supplies are in the room. I managed to clear off the hutch and have my son help me move it downstairs. Then we moved a handful of other items. My husband was shocked when he got home. We might also move my actual desk downstairs tonight after dinner. It has surprised me how exciting I find this process to be.

I also emailed a chiropractor that offers natural child birth classes to see about getting more info from her. I really hope that it is something we can make happen as I am going the natural route and would like as many techniques as possible to ft over the hard spots.

We also started researching cloth diapers. I am not sure what route we will go but it sure can be over whelming to read about all the different types of cloth diapers. Anyone else doing cloth?

For me the cloth diapering is more about the chemicals in sposies. I just don't think it can be good to have something that holds a gallon of pee so close to reproductive organs all the time. But- we will see. It is overwhelming, there are tons of types of CD. My thought is to do pre folds and covers for NB stage, and then a Hybrid that can use biodegradable inserts or cloth. If I go for sposies I think it will be Tushies from Amazon. When you get the free shipping they are only a few cents more per dipe than regular ones.

I did good with my exercising and water yesterday :)
    Just increased cals to gain1/2 lb per week since I am starting the 2nd tri tomorrow.
    Have a nice Saturday!
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well I think I introduced myself and then dropped off the planet with traveling this past month...oops! Question: Is this thread staying open or is everyone headed over to Group board? I really love this thread :)

Jane 17w
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Misti!!! OMG!! wow, if this is it for you, that is FAST!!! She is ready to make her debut. You are correct, girls develop faster than boys. I was just told that at my last visit before being considered in the safe zone at 36 weeks, which is today. That's why they had me on bed rest etc. Little boys don't do as well apparently. The fact that you live so far, holy crap. I just went to a class yesterday at my birth center and my midwife advised 2nd time mommies to not wait for the 5-1-1 method that first time mommies use. Contractions 5 mins apart, 1 min long and I am so spacing out on what the other one stands for. however, its basically to wait it out at home. She claims second time mommies end up delivering much much faster second time around. I am so EXCITED for you guys!!!! yay!! keep us posted for sure!
    Elce 36W
    QUESTION OF THE DAY (i'm full of questions :laugh:)

When do you register at the hospital? the day of delivery? prior? Do we do this? Does our Dr do this?

Denise, my doctor had me schedule mine at 32 weeks, couldn't actually get it done til next Tuesday, but if you do it before hand they won't be bugging you with all sorts of questions while your in labor, and trust me the last thing you will want to do is talk about your insurance when your in labor. I'd do it ahead of time if you can.

Dixiejo - So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I think the group things is a great idea!!! I love this board but it's A LOT to keep up with. I think most of us are at work trying to be quick too. :)

Ashley - Thanks for the info on the glider, I don't live near a target, but I'm going to look on line.

Quick update for me:

I thought for sure yesterday was the day!!!! Was feeling weird on Tuesday all day, just uncomfortable, irritated and tired, well I couldn't sleep on Wed., 3 a.m. rolled around and I started having contractions, nothing major but at times a little rough. Contractions ranged from 4 min apart to 22 min. apart....I waited until 8:00 got my son to school and called my doctor, she said wait until they are more regular and consistent then come down. I think they forget I live an hour and a half away sometimes, but I waited it out. Eventually they stopped and I fell asleep for a little bit, they started back up and were irregular again. Today I have a HUGE backache, and my doctor said it's ok, it's just the start of labor and she don't plan on stopping it at this point. So wish me luck, I guess I could have her sooner than I thought. I think were ready though. All except a name, LOL. We'll have to agree once she's here, so I'm done worrying about that. Doctor also said girls lungs develop faster than boys so this early she don't see a problem. I am really hoping she stays in there just a couple more weeks for work purposes, but at this point I think it's highly likely she'll be here sooner than later.

Only 2 days of training for the girl taking my place, so they may be a little lost w/out me. But I am just a phone call away I guess.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • karnypops
    karnypops Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so glad I found this thread, here's some info about me, looking forward to hearing everyones tips on staying healthy during pregnancy. Just wanted to know anyones thoughts on using mfp while pregnant - like how many calories should I be eating, I don't want to gain to much weight but I obviously want to be as healthy as possible for the baby.

Name: Karen
    Hubby/Partner: Jon
    How many kids do you have: This is our first
    Due Date: 4th September 2012
    How far along are you: 5 1/2 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Not yet.... but i can't wait to find out!
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Scotland
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking,swimming,cross trainer,pilates and light weights at the gym
    Anything else you'd like to share: I had a misscarriage on the 22nd September 2011 at 13weeks, it was a really hard time for me and my husband, I didn't think I would fall pregnant so quick but just found out last week I am pregnant again. I want to be healthy and keep exercising but I am scared the same will happen again so I am cutting right down on the exercise (for the first trimester anyway) as I don't want to do anything that might make me mis-carry again, just going to stick to low impact stuff for now.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so glad I found this thread, here's some info about me, looking forward to hearing everyones tips on staying healthy during pregnancy. Just wanted to know anyones thoughts on using mfp while pregnant - like how many calories should I be eating, I don't want to gain to much weight but I obviously want to be as healthy as possible for the baby.

Name: Karen
    Hubby/Partner: Jon
    How many kids do you have: This is our first
    Due Date: 4th September 2012
    How far along are you: 5 1/2 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Not yet.... but i can't wait to find out!
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Scotland
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking,swimming,cross trainer,pilates and light weights at the gym
    Anything else you'd like to share: I had a misscarriage on the 22nd September 2011 at 13weeks, it was a really hard time for me and my husband, I didn't think I would fall pregnant so quick but just found out last week I am pregnant again. I want to be healthy and keep exercising but I am scared the same will happen again so I am cutting right down on the exercise (for the first trimester anyway) as I don't want to do anything that might make me mis-carry again, just going to stick to low impact stuff for now.

karnypops- I think we've all pretty much gone into subgroups. But welcome and feel free to check out our sub groups!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Name: Sabrina
    Hubby: Matt

How many kids do you have: I have a 19mo old, this will be our 2nd

Due Date: September 9th, 2012
    How far along are you: 5 weeks

Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Babies Name: If it's a girl it will be Talea Peyton... If it's a boy, hubby & I can't agree on anything, so let's just hope it's a girl!

Where do you live: Wisconsin
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Dance off the Inches, yoga, zumba
    Anything else you'd like to share: I had a bad 1st pregnancy. I found out I had pre-eclamsia at 30wks and was put on bedrest at home for week. At 31 weeks I was rushed up to critical care to be on bedrest in the hospital until I delivered. I almost died & needed an emergency c-section at 32 1/2 weeks. I had morning sickness until the day I had my son & gained 61lbs, because of the pre-e.
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I am not quite sure how to post pictures to show off our little peanut Madison Rose. I will try and post some to my profile or as my profile picture. Can someone tell me if there is a post-partum group I can join? I also want to wish you all the best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancies and wish you fast and safe deliveries.
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am TRYING to find the group but whenever I click and paste it says cant find,HELP.
    I am 7 weeks pregnant with baby # 2,it has been 11 yrs for me and I need all the support BC with son I gained too much and was on bed rest had blood pressure etc.

I started this and lost 10 pounds and then found out that I was pregnant so I am trying so HARD to watch the calories as well as the workout and this is so depressing for me since I dont want to see the 200 pound mark again.It has been hard the last few days bc I cant keep anything down until the evening when I dont feel like eating at all.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, im not pregnant anymore because i gave birth to my daughter 3 mnths ago.... i miss bein preggo's!!!
    I hope uou all have good pregnancies/deliveries,enjoy every moment because it al goes by so quick!!!! Xooo
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! My name is Stephany and I am 22 weeks preggers! I never had issues with weight until I hit about 25 or so (which just happens to be when I got married too!) I think my metabolism caught up with me and my lifestyle became more sedentary and I gained about 20 lbs. Then I got pregnant! I was 180 when I got pregnant in 2008 and I gained 47 lbs during my pregnancy! I ended up losing almost all of it after my baby girl Dylan was born. With in 2 months I was back down to 190 so I lost 37 lbs in 2 months without trying very hard. After that, It all started coming back on slowly. I ended up at 205 and decided that was enough. I started the 17 day diet (awesome, by the way) and went from 205 back down to 180 in 3 months!! I was doing so great that I started slacking on the diet. I didn't lose any more but I didn't gain anymore either. I was able to maintain 180 for about 3 months before I got pregnant. I have gained about 15 lbs so far and just want to make sure that I keep this weight gain under control. I don't want to gain 47 lbs like the first time.

Wow sorry, that was long but I feel good that I wrote it all down. So here is my info :)

Name: Stephany
    Hubby/Partner: Charlie
    How many kids do you have: This will be our 2nd
    Due Date: May 25, 2012
    How far along are you: 22 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Boy
    Babies Name: Not yet
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Orange, CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I haven't been exercising much, but hopefully this will help me get motivated!
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Rachel is my favorite this season! She's so cute!!! I will be in front of the TV every Monday night :)
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Name: Sarah
    Hubby/Partner: Aaron
    How many kids do you have: One - pregnant with second
    Due Date: August 9, 2012
    How far along are you: 11 weeks
    Do you know the gender: no
    Babies Name: Have ideas for both
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Cross training with a personal traininer, spin class, treadmill walk/runs
    Anything else you'd like to share: looking for other moms to be to help keep me motivated and to help motivate others!!!