Whats the Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options

Replies

• AimeeKAKES
    Options
    1) Def Leppard - Download Festival Donnington 2009 (yep im 19 and wouldd happily marry joe elliot only a 30+ year age gap!)
    2)Nickelback - Birmingham
    3) Scratch Perverts - Bug Jam Santa Pod
    4) Slipknot Donnington (great stage show)
    5) Whitesnake :) Donnington

Oh i seem like a bit of an oldy but Def Leppard are Gods...
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Paul McCartney followed by a very close second Keith Urban:love:
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Any Avett fans out there?!

They put on a SICK show! Just got back from their NYE show in Greenville, SC. EPIC!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Such a hard question to answer...so many great ones

I would have to say that every ozzfest I have been to has rocked my world, especially 2000!!

Anytime I see Insane Clown Posse is amazing

Warped Tour 2002 with GREEN DAY!!!

Green Day at Salem OR in a little gym area

Gogol Bordello at Red Rocks

Slipknot in Portland

Each time Lucero comes to Missoula

Offspring at Billings mt because it was the first concert that I took my cousin to

Reel Big Fish in Missoula

Hatebreed is amazing live

I could go on and on...SOAD, Less than Jake, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, NOFX, KORN all kick *kitten* every time I see them

And our awesome collection of local MT metal bands!!!!
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options
    Would have to be Fleetwood Mac in my hometown around Christmas time in 2009. Second would be Paramore in March 2010 - their first NZ concert.

BUT, I'd love to see:
    Metallica
    Evanescence
    Within Temptation
    Lamb of God
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I might be able to narrow it to top 3:
    1. David Bowie in 2003 maybe
    2. Sunny Day Real Estate (The 2009 Reunion)
    3. Less Than Jake in 2000 because it was my first date with my fiance.

I've been to too many good shows to really pick favorites... I typically don't go to big stadium shows, I stick with small, dirty, smoky, underground clubs.
    There's no best ^^ they are often soo awesome
    but so far some of the best gigs I have been to are: The Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Leningrad, RotFRont, Gogol Bordello, Scissor Sisters

I LOVE Gogol Bordello and Scissor Sisters!!!
  • orangejellybean
    orangejellybean Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My best by far was Eminem in Sydney 2011 - was definitely a dream fulfilled and the best night of my life! Was VERY impressed with Lil Wayne as the support act, his set was amazing!!!

Other mentions include:
    Silverchair - their Freak Show tour (maybe around 1997? I am sure i was 15 & was convinved i would marry Daniel Johns haha)
    Bee Gees - 2000 (Barry Gibb is truly amazing, i actually cried when he sang my favourite song haha!)
    Pearl Jam - 2006 (support act was Kings of Leon, i had never heard of them before, but after hearing just one note, i think i fell in love!!! - then Eddie came out & sang with them! OMG!!!!)
    Silverchair & Powderfinger - 2007 (didn't go much on Silverchair at this concert, but Powderfinger BLEW MY MIND!!)
    Mario, Lil Kim, Fabolous & 50 Cent - 2011 (Birthday present to myself & 50 didn't disappoint!)
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to see Michael Jackson performing in his prime. It was in '88, I was 7, I still remember watching him move and being in awe. Incredible show
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jethro tull
  • Letterchan
    Options
    any one of the Rockstar Mayhem tours! I have been to three of them 2009, 2010, and 2011. I got tons of AMAZING photos!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2207135574570.127410.1132832197&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2207315419066.127422.1132832197&type=3

links to my photoalbums
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Saw B.B. King twice at the House of Blues here in NOLA and then saw the Wailers (of course minus Bob Marley, but the replacement guy was pretty awesome) at the HOB in NOLA also.

Worst concert I've seen was Ying Yang Twins (they were playing free at LSU for Fall Fest a few years back). They sucked. They were over an hour late, they were higher than a kite, and they didn't say anything except "yeah", "oh yeah", "alright", etc. The CD was playing in the background and that's all they said. They did 2 songs and left. HORRIBLE!! All the other groups that went up there were fantastic and totally made it awesome for all the fans out there, but Ying Yang Twins was a waste of time. It was free, but I wouldn't go see them again for free.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing Madness back in the early 80s. It was superb!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Rush! Time Machine Tour April 2011
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Garth Brooks was the best one I've been to
  • tuftyclub
    tuftyclub Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Halle Orchestra doing the Alpine Symphony
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick....

I was at both nights of Joshua Tree at MacNichols Arena in November of 1987 and at Sun Devil Stadium in December - three U2 shows in a little over a month. Those three concerts were the source of about 80% of the concert footage in Rattle and Hum. But if I had to pick it would be the second night at MacNichols. That was the night Bono did the whole "F--k the revolution" speech during Sunday Bloody Sunday - let's just say he was a little angry & it showed.

I've also seen Missy Higgins twice & was awestruck both times.
  • houser1998
    Options
    Crowded House - Fan Club only Concert, Prahran Town Hall, Melbourne December 1990.
    Muse - Acer Arena December 2010
    U2 - Sydney December 2010
    Crowded House - State Theatre August 1988
    Green Day - Acer Arena Can't remember what year. But it was free and it was so cool.
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :love: Jimmy Buffet! :love:
  • lauralizzy90
    Options
    City and Colour at the Bijou Theater in Knoxville in November.
    Sooooooooooooo amazing.
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    Michael Jackson and The Jacksons The Victory Tour 1984
    Bon Jovi (many)
    Metallica (many)
    Guns N Roses
    The Rolling Stones
    Skid Row
    Rick Springfield (1983, 1993 & 2011).
    Sammy Hagar (Van Halen)