Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I was lazy. I was complacent. I liked to eat.

Pretty simple formula for obesity.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    My deal???? I freaking love to eat..... and I love crap food that makes you fat. I am an athlete but it doesn't matter.... I eat too much!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole bag of Wonderful pistachios.. a whole bag. :sick:
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with a man who's heart belonged to mcdonalds. And I quickly joined him in that venture. And then I had babies, and then my untreated depression started acting up, and then I ate to make myself feel better, then I got fatter and got more depressed, and then I ate to make myself better... and ended up at almost 300lbs... And i've been slipping in that direction again... I do not want to get back there!
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I have chosen this for myself through my actions. No excuses, I chose to over eat with my pregnanices. And with the loss of our little girl this past March I have chosen to eat my emotions instead of face them. I chose not to force myself out of bed to exercise.I am fat because I have made a MILLION excuses and turned myself into this person. I am FAT because I made MYSELF this WAY.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was an emotional eater.Now Im an emotional exerciser.

^^ I'm hoping to get to that point....... ~ sigh ~ for now I still have to psych myself up to exercise.
  • ellyallen
    Options
    After I had my 6th child at 41 my weight didn't come off like it had with my previous pregnancies (She is 10 years younger than my next youngest child). I didn't bounce back energy-wise. I was really tired and didn't exercise much any more. My metabolism had slowed down, but I continued to eat the same amount I used to.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Moved to an island where my husband started deploying constantly so it wasn't as easy for me to workout!! the food was amazing and the booze was plentiful....i tried to workout but wasn't consistent and not near as active as i was here. Got injured off and on and well did i say the food was amazing and the partying was well fun oh and i quit smoking 3 years ago but the weight was there by then!!!! It doesn't really matter what matters is i'm going to undo the damage i did!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ate way too much food and got lazy with workouts.
  • ellyallen
    Options
    After I had my 6th child at 41 my weight didn't come off like it had with my previous pregnancies (She is 10 years younger than my next youngest child). I didn't bounce back energy-wise. I was really tired and didn't exercise much any more. My metabolism had slowed down, but I continued to eat the same amount I used to.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    laziness, indifference, binge eating/drinking, no impulse control (still no impulse control, but now i just try to stay away from unhealthy food)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I loved the part about the pregnancy coming just before the wedding, cracked me up.

Hmm, why am I fat...I have no self control when it comes to food, basically.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am fat because:

- I love salty and sweet foods
    - I hate to cook
    - I eat fried food from a drive-thru window 3-5 meals a week
    - I binge instead of dealing with my emotions, lowering my stress level or turning to friends for support
    - I have little to no portion control
    - I don't exercise
    - I'm lazy

I think the only thing I have going for me is that I don't drink pop. other than that ... who knows? (I would say 'ha, ha, ha' .... but it's not funny!)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I started dating a guy who had two jobs... that meant the only time I saw him is when he took me to work in the morning and when he came home at night around midnight. I would eat when I got off work around 6, wait up for him to come home, and eat again. I gained 30 lbs in 3 months and as soon as I had my yearly exam and found out I was 180 - 5 lbs heavier than my "I'll never weigh this much ever again" weight - I started eating healthier. Here I am, exactly 2 years later... trying to lose it again. I lost 22 lbs and then was up and down until I got back up to 174 and restarted.
  • I'm lazy.

I eat too much crap food.
  • KaiteeKarrot
    Options
    first time i've seen it, and its helping me :) sometimes repeats are good for those of us who missed the first round.
  • nanatsuiro
    nanatsuiro Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've always been chubby, since I can remember... and for what I saw while growing up it had a lot to do with the amounts of food that we usually had at home, so you could say that it was kinda my parents fault... because for me it was normal but we were eating too much... when I was 13 or 14 I was stuck with the same habits... Just a year ago when I moved out from my mom's house I realized that my habits were bad and I changed them, and now I'm at my lightest weight since I was 13 :) (I'm 19 now)

PS: Well my english sucks, I'm sorry.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had an unhealthy love affair with food and didn't love exercising nearly enough. :sad:
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Hmm, why am I fat...I have no self control when it comes to food, basically.
    Yep......ditto!!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I refused to eat in front of people and would binge when I was alone. I was very active so I didn't gain weight, then I stopped being active and never changed my eating habits.

My hubby helped me to overcome my fears and showed me photographs of what I have done to my body.

Now I am trying to eat properly (although I still prefer to eat alone but I eat with hubby only) and exercising to lose the weight.

(If anyone wants to know why I refused to eat in front of people it was because I thought it was 'disgusting'. The way I saw it was you are alone when food leaves your body, you should be alone when it enters.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!