MFP pet peeves.....go on, you KNOW you have one!

Options

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    People asking advice, wondering why they're not losing weight and what not, but have a closed diary.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Not a pet peeve really, but I was a little disturbed by reading posts that sound like the member is having trouble that's really an eating disorder. Like someone wanting to lose weight, when they already appear to be close to underweight for their height, or someone else saying they used imported, unnamed diet drugs for rapid weight loss.

Any opinions on this? Just curious? Do you stay out of it, or comment?

I don't see it as a pet peeve either...but it disturbs me and makes me sad, especially when it is girls young enough to be my child. Whether I keep quiet or say something is really dependent on what I know about the person. Sometimes I try to encourage those people to get professional help, if they seem receptive to it. There are some people I've had to delete because I could not watch the self-destruction.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the unexpected entertainment this evening folks!! I laughed so much I forgot what my peeves were...

Would someone please take Pollywog up on the arm wrestling?? I'm pretty sure she can wrestle my arm off and beat me with it so I will pass.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Anyone who writes anything negative. This is no place for any type of negativity. People are here to grow, learn, and achieve there goals. Some are so fragile that any negative comment could derail them. And these folks know they wouldn't say half the things they say if they we live in person. I think we learned this as kids folks, if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all!

I agree with this, although I think there is a fine line between constructive criticism and being cruel or negative. I know that when I ask for help, I want constructive criticism and am not asking to be smacked over the head, made fun of, or berated. I try to support my MFP friends the same way I want to be supported.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    People who may have a valid point to make, but choose to do it in the most know-it-all, self-righteous, rude way possible. We're all here to have a support network, and yeah, some things may need to be challenged, but it can be done in a polite supportive way, rather than making the OP feel like they're dumb as dirt for asking or doing something.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    - People who weigh themselves several times a day and then give panicked posts because they weigh more at night
    - People who ask about their TOM...yes, the same thing happens every time, believe it or not
    - People who are mean for no reason or jump on someone who asked an honest question.
    - People who whine about lack of willpower.
    - Exercise calories...I am so freaking sick of hearing about them.
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I find it annoying when before and after pictures are overshadowed by the mess in the room. Please do your bed and pick up your clothes, if only for the picture!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Being at the end of the thread and wondering if anyone will read your post... LOL
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    It has recently come to my attention that I need to:

Post more about my daily life
    Post less about my daily life
    Be less critical about my friends' eating and exercise
    Be more critical about my friends' eating and exercise
    Not be afraid to ask questions before doing something stupid
    Not ask any questions on the forum because I will look stupid
    Drink more water
    Eat my exercise calories
    Don't eat my exercise calories
    Eat my exercise calories or I will go into starvation mode and die
    The first rule of starvation mode is NEVER TALK ABOUT STARVATION MODE

:frown:

You win. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

AMEN - ITS SUMMED UP PERFECTLY HERE
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Anyone who writes anything negative. This is no place for any type of negativity. People are here to grow, learn, and achieve there goals. Some are so fragile that any negative comment could derail them. And these folks know they wouldn't say half the things they say if they we live in person. I think we learned this as kids folks, if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all!

I agree with this, although I think there is a fine line between constructive criticism and being cruel or negative. I know that when I ask for help, I want constructive criticism and am not asking to be smacked over the head, made fun of, or berated. I try to support my MFP friends the same way I want to be supported.

:heart: both of these!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    People who post their before and after pictures from their dirty, messy rooms and bathrooms (i.e. pile of clothes on the floor, unmade bed, dirty carpet, items all over the bathroom counter). .
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    People that clutter up the news feed with facebook/twitter type babble making SUPPORTING my MFP friends that much harder as I have to weed through all the blah-de-blah-blah to get to the food and exercise posts!

Edited to add - yes sometimes I babble about something but not 10 times a day :)

The opposite of this -- I want to know a little more about you than what you ate and how much you worked out! Not a pet peeve, so much as a preference :-)

Yeah, I agree with this one! (And glad you're on my friends list, then. :smile: )
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It has recently come to my attention that I need to:

Post more about my daily life
    Post less about my daily life
    Be less critical about my friends' eating and exercise
    Be more critical about my friends' eating and exercise
    Not be afraid to ask questions before doing something stupid
    Not ask any questions on the forum because I will look stupid
    Drink more water
    Eat my exercise calories
    Don't eat my exercise calories
    Eat my exercise calories or I will go into starvation mode and die
    The first rule of starvation mode is NEVER TALK ABOUT STARVATION MODE

:frown:

:laugh:
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    exclamation marks!!!!!!

and not answering a question directly..i know brown rice is better for me BUT I'M ASKING ABOUT WHITE RICE. FOR A REASON.

end rant.
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    'Loose' instead of 'lose' - as the Spelling Sniper, I couldn't agree more! Though my skin has been getting 'loose'...'
  • loserforlife
    Options
    People who are so judgemental over your diary. I mean come on cheeseburgers happen!!! As long as I stay under my calories leave me alone!! You gonna drive me to the hohoes!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I've got one!

OP

You love me...

You know it.

Stop foolin'.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    People who make the MFP threads/forums their life and make it a point to talk about nothing other than what people post on the forums, 24/7 [on their walls].
    F.F.S.
  • Pollywog39
    Options

Facebook allows you to turn notifications off or on with most things too, so if you don't like getting a lot of notifications then you don't have to, and you can even unfollow posts now...

THIS! And a LIKE button would be lovely. (Yes, I shortened the above quote a bit)

God bless you.

and who gives a ratz azz about Facebook, I ask ya.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    People who claim to be again Brotology, yet pretty much talk like them all the time, without realizing it. Brologists.

Ohhhh I think I know who you are referring to! :glasses:

I'll add one of my own to this - People who walk into (or what the hell, click on) a thread such as this without an ounce of a sense of humor and get offended. ORLY?!? Yes, this place is flooded with trolls, all of whom [sidenote - i don't know when to use who and whom. I suck] I find hilarious. If you don't find them hilarious...well....

...insert something witty here....

Trolls are cool.

I love Trolls.

Dammit, get a sense of humor, people!