30 Day Shred ... (:

Options

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions as to how I can modify a little more or what I can do during pushups? I dont wanna quit
    Don't do them on the floor. Do them against a chair, a flight of stairs or the wall.
  • lgtheright1
    lgtheright1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just did my day 1 level 1 yesterday. Its like WTF ... how out of shape AM I!
    Since when did jumping jacks get so exhausting.
    I plan on stacking them after i finish level one and doing them consecutively.
    I like her reminder that for a 20 minute workout to work ... you really have to give it your all ... besides its only 20 minutes right? :)
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks or even the jump rope? Really....it shouldn't be that hard but sometimes I do have to stop and be like OMG....then start up again. I'm still struggling with the push ups but getting better everyday.....Today will be day 7 for me and I have already noticed a difference in my stomach.....It's starting to come up a bit!!!
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 with my kiddos. My kids and I say, "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" while punching. Bad mommy. :)

Oh, we only do 3x week (Tues, Wed, Fri) and alternate with c25k (Thurs, Sat, Sun). I now love Mondays...rest day. :)
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks or even the jump rope? Really....it shouldn't be that hard but sometimes I do have to stop and be like OMG....then start up again. I'm still struggling with the push ups but getting better everyday.....Today will be day 7 for me and I have already noticed a difference in my stomach.....It's starting to come up a bit!!!

lol when she first said jumping jacks i thought whaaaaaat really jumping jacks pfft how are they going to help .... then after ouch lol
    i cannnt wait for my tummy to come up a bit xxx keep strong
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just started it today! I have had the DVD forever but decided to get serious and try it...I LOVED IT!!! I am not in the best shape at all but it's a great workout. I just hate it doesn't burn that many calories according to the exercise thing (unless I'm doing it wrong by counting it as 25 min. of circuit training like someone suggested....) BUT I do feel it. I've got another great workout program for Xbox that I do and am going to have to do 30DS as my warm up and 30 minutes of the other as the hard stuff or vice versa. I like Jillian but she is annoying with some of the things she says. I hate hearing,"These abs aren't for free." Duh....
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am at level 2 day 6. I LOVE IT!! I sweat just as much, if not more, in those 20 minutes than I do on the elliptical. I took measurements before and am excited to see what they are after.
    Push-ups are not my friend :laugh: but I do the best I can. I have mananged to do more with each day. So I am taking that as my NSV!!
    Good luck!!:smile:
  • LorahJo
    LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just done day four of level one and found it slightly tougher :( my strength is far beyter than day one but the lunges and.moves with my legs are really tight :( am i doing something wrong
  • meisme33
    Options
    I started 30DS last night and haven't stopped being excited about doing day 2. I'll admit that I didn't push myself that hard in a couple spots (i.e. I did knee pushups since I didn't know how many there would be), but I'm still sore today. Part of that is because I followed it up with 20 minutes on the elliptical. I'm changing it up from 45 minutes on the elliptical daily, so I didn't want to *just* do 27 minutes of activity.

I don't mind listening to Jillian. The thing I like best about her is that she doesn't "cheat" the count. When she says 2 more, she doesn't follow that up by telling you "okay, ten more" as it is a true timed circuit. I'll be doing it 30 days straight then see if I want to move to Ripped in 30 or something else.
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started today... was dreading it but 20 minutes really isn't that long and I feel amazing now! Excited to see the results.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like a dork doing the jumping jacks? I swear the older I get the more uncoordinated

I get....LOL. I'm glad I do them when no one is around.
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like a dork doing the jumping jacks? I swear the older I get the more uncoordinated

I feel like a dork doing the jump rope and the hip circles! LOL
  • debbiemccaffrey
    Options
    you can get this video from amazon at £4.99
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just finished Phase One (10 days consecutive)...and definately noticed an improvement in my endurance! On to Phase two tomorrow!

I start Phase two tomorrow as well! Can't wait!
  • brow5204
    Options
    I think that, for weight loss purposes, we should change the saying to "No Pain, no loss." No it isn't as catchy but I think that it works better :) I WISH you could experience no gain without pain :)
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options

(I think pretending to punch her is helping)

hahaha that is so funny, I do the same too as does a friend of mine. We both did it the DVD this afternoon and we both ending up shouting at her...or at the TV! I didn't feel silly doing jump rope until I turned to look at my friend doing it and we both fell about laughing!

It's such a good DVD though and it's really helping me.
  • brow5204
    Options
    Just done day four of level one and found it slightly tougher :( my strength is far beyter than day one but the lunges and.moves with my legs are really tight :( am i doing something wrong

Consider adding Yoga or some other form of stretch. I like to do half of a yoga video, then 30DS and then the other half of yoga...it means more activity but it helps warm up and cool down my screaming muscles!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I purchased this 4 days ago and then it seems like I have no time. I do work full time and take a night class. Excuses, Excuses. :huh:
    I am starting tomorrow after work. I have read the success stories and seen some pictures of results. :bigsmile:
    I want that and there is only one way to get it. Maybe I will start tonight after my early evening dinner with mom.

Guess I am sleeping good tonight. :yawn:
  • Imdancerd
    Options
    I did around 17 days of the 30 Day Shred back at the beginning of the summer. I noticed improvements in my endurance, but I had to stop because after around 10 days I started having stabbing pains in my knee (and not just while I was doing the workout). I kept it up for about a week after the pain started, but it got worse and worse until my knee was giving out on me going up and down stairs, or even just sitting down in a chair.

I would strongly caution anyone with any sort of knee issue to talk to their doctor before starting this regime. It turned out that I had tendonitis really bad in my knee between this and running.

If it's working for you, go for it though :) I'm doing elliptical training now to try and build up the muscles in my legs before I try anything that's so high impact.
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I also started 30 Shred. I lost ALOT OF Weight before I had my daughter and WALA i got pregnant, go figure lol .. i told myself for the first 2 years i would lose ALL the weight again before her birthday, well my daughter JUST turned 3 and i still have the weight, PLUS an Extra 20 or so pounds. When i turned 25, this past monday the 9th, i got JM30s with a set of weights as a gift. i was SOOO EXCITED bc i had been renting it from the library lol .... I decided that on tuesday this past week i would start and NOT give up this time. It's only 20 minutes a day and i do that before work and it's only 30 days (at a time). 30 days seems way more easier to handle than 60 or 90 day commitment to lose weight on other programs. and with a 20 minute workout, shoot thats AWESOME! i'm dying after the 20 minutes but it was sooo worth it. lol I've already lost the extra 20 pounds, so now i'm at the 'baby weight" i figured, if i'm going to lose this weight properly, i need someone who is tOUGH, and i found jillian (sounds silly) But 20 minutes fits soo much better in my schedule and i still feel like i accomplished something. granted, its only been 3 days, but i did it for 2 weeks on and off before i received the DVD for a gift. so now, i have no excuse, bc i own IT LOL Keep it up, you have a few days down, you can do it!:bigsmile: !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!