Bump! Want to know what happened...
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I can't wait to hear how it turned out! lol.....this is like an MFP Soap Opera.....

lol :laugh:
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Anyone think she might not give us an update?

I'm usually "glass half full" kinda girl... but still..
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We could start a betting pool. Who wants: (1) true love, (2) hookup, then break up, (3) friend zone, (4) gay?

(OP, I'm hoping for #1 - let us know!)

Hoping for (1)...I'd bet on (2) or (3).... $10 US....any takers?:drinker: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Hoping for (1) betting on (3) or (4) :drinker:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Why is patience a virtue? Why can't hurry the **** up be a virtue? :laugh:

Srsly though don't leave us hanging!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Move out, sorry to be a killer of the joy, but if the guy does get scared off you've lost a really good friend. Perhaps keep ticking over and wait for him to make the move, that way you'll definately know, otherwise he might just see you as a little sis type figure that he wants to take care of and make sure you are OK.

I agree. This happened to me a few years ago. My best friend of three years and I became roomies and we did everything together. He ended up telling me that he thought of me as a sister and things got awkward.
  • duckychic
    duckychic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • smalltownhero
    smalltownhero Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG i can't wait to hear what happened!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    MFP soap opera! Can't wait for the next update!
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Keeping fingers crossed!
  • Crystalpicard
    Options
    I really hope it works out for you. You are beautiful and making your lunches seems really sweet.

I'd just recommend not to fall into anything too fast. I had the same situation happen with a flatmate and I ended up being his casual thing. He didn't see anyone else while I was living with him, but he was not committed to me while we were together.

Keep it fun and happy times for as long as you can after you tell him you want to move forward. The longer you make the flirtation last, the more time you have to ease into things and make sure its serious so you don't get hurt.

Fingers crossed for you!!
  • _Angie
    _Angie Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the wonderful support and advice.

It didn't go down as I have planned but it ended amazingly. I was busy cutting up chicken schnitzels when he arrived home so the element of surprise went out of the window and just went with the flow and told him tonight I want to try out the new fondue my mom bought me for Christmas. He nodded and continued to walk to the patio and asked if we can do it outside since it so hot in the living room (*YAY!*).

He helped me set everything up outside and poured us some wine. It started out to be a bit awkward since we didn't know what to talk about and I just kept thinking when is that perfect moment to tell him how I feel?!?!?! After about 30 minutes of chit chat about our day I told him how lucky I am to have him as a flatmate and that any girl would be lucky to have him as her husband. He just smiled and asked whether I want some more wine...at this point I was screaming inside and could feel the tears building up wishing the night could just end. I honestly thought he blew me off!

He took all the plates to the kitchen and told me he is quickly going to make something for dessert. While I was sitting outside thinking how weird things might get in the future and how I will be avoiding him, he was busy making waffles with nougat ice cream and peaches with a brandy and sugar sauce (I think it's sugar melted in brandy). He served the dessert and sat right next to me taking my hand and told me that any girl might be lucky to have him, but he would be lucky to have me.

I laughed so loud feeling the tears run down my cheeks as he tries to wipe them off with a napkin. I just kept hugging him and didn't feel like eating the dessert as long as I get to stay in his arms the whole evening. He picked me up and carried me into the living room where we spent the rest of the evening talking about all those special moments we shared but never confessed our feelings to each other. I eventually passed away and woke up in my room this morning so I guessed he carried to my room lol

We are going to spend the day at the beach and have ourselves a picnic before going to my family, he really wants to ask my dad for his permission to date me :happy:

Question: I loved laying in his arms last night but would it be inappropriate just to have him lay next to me each and every night to feel his embrace?
  • janessac
    Options
    Ahhh! I can't get over the utter cuteness of this! It's like something out of a movie :bigsmile:
    I'm so happy for you (and him), and it's adorable and so chivalrous of him wanting to ask your dad permission to date you =) you (usually) don't find guys like that anymore!

As for the laying together, it depends on your stance on intimacy, how comfortable you are, etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to cuddle with the person you care about, but if you have to ask and you're questioning it, then maybe you're not ready so take it slowly =)

anyway congrats again! so happy everything worked out :flowerforyou:
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ok. Now I'm convinced this was all a scam and copied straight from some chick lit novel.:huh:

Wasn't it?:indifferent:

Do these things really happen in real life?:noway:

If they do, and it did, congratulations!!!:smooched: :heart:
  • Sonny71
    Sonny71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oh I love it! I call it better than planned :) He sounds super special! hold on to him. So happy for you.:flowerforyou:
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    Ahh I waited all night to hear what happened, and I don't think it could have turned out any sweeter!

Don't worry about how you are going to do things from here on out, just be natural and go with the flow otherwise it might get awkward. I think it's really sweet that he is going to ask your dad permission to date you. Sounds like a great guy!
  • purplerain011
    Options
    Awwww this is so sweet! I am so happy for you!! :DDDDD