In love with flatmate, what to do?

Options

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I can understand your reservation. Honestly, If I lived with someone and was going that far out of my way to do things for you, I think you'd already know by now how interested I was...there shouldn't be any confusion. Best wishes \m/
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump to follow
  • mylovelyhumps
    mylovelyhumps Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hope it turns out ok! And I agree with the majority to gently approach him. This is such a lovely thread, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I wish a guy would do lovely things like that for me! lol
    Same here. Keep in mind I am married. I agree with the ” making him dinner” be honest but subtle. Try not to sound desperate.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump to follow
  • lolaburga
    Options
    Life is too short go for it...but make sure you prepare yourself if he doesn't feel the same. But I'm sure he does...just make sure that is what you truly want!!! Good Luck!!!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    If you make the first move, be prepared to make the date plans and other decisions in your relationship. Faint heart never won fair lady. I like decisiveness.

Then again, in his mind, the packing lunches and stuff could be what he considered the first move. You could just ask him, "So, I'm not great at reading signals from guys, and I was wondering if all this great stuff you do for me is your way of saying you want to be involved romantically, or if you're just being a good friend. Because I've had feelings for you for a while now, but if you don't have feelings for me, I don't want to read too much into it."
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I've never given a woman chocolate that I didn't want to see naked, just sayin.
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just go for it and ask him. Never knowing is worse than him saying "no"!

Good luck :)
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I'd just tell him, honey.

Before anything ever happened between me and my now fiance, he used to do all sorts of stuff like that. Rides back and forth to work, while refusing gas money. He constantly took me out to eat after work. He'd come over and sit through movies that he hates. Lots of cutesy crap. I tried just blowing it off at first, but eventually I just told him that I was dumb over him. We've been together ever since.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would go with the drunken kiss thing, but that is me :)
    bump Following...
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump following also! Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    I'm so afraid that he might reject me :ohwell:
    Rejection is part of life. If you can't learn to deal with it now, you will have a very difficult life ahead because it doesn't just happen one time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What if you sent him a text message that just said "I'm happy with how we are now but I was wondering if you ever thought about being more than friends?" That way he doesn't feel pressured to react right then.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If you make the first move, be prepared to make the date plans and other decisions in your relationship. Faint heart never won fair lady. I like decisiveness.

I don't necessarily agree with this. When I first started dating my husband, I initiated quite a bit of it. He was just shy and had some bad experiences with women.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow the story... :)

Good luck! I think it sounds promising, but definitely don't come on too strong or it could get awkward. I wouldn't introduce the word "love" in this conversation, but you definitely should let him know you appreciate him and that you have feelings for him. (No need to say quite how strong those feelings are...) :)
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump just wanna know what happens..good luck
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Yeah I want to know what happens. I hope its a love connection! :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    move out before you make a move...don't *kitten* where you sleep
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see, either! I'm waiting anxiously and sending good luck!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    awww... good luck!