In love with flatmate, what to do?

Options
I live with one of the most amazing guys ever!! He cooks and even packs me lunch every morning and on special occasions I even get a chocolate for college. I find myself constantly dreaming about him and can't wait for him to come home very evening so we get to spend some time together.

I'm also getting jealous when he spends more time with other girls and I'm really afraid that I might lose him. What is the best way to tell him and will this jeopardize our living arrangements?

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just tell him outright and be prepared for whatever answer he gives.
    If he isn`t interested then it is up to you to accept that and act in a way that doesn`t push him away.
  • _Angie
    _Angie Posts: 19
    Options
    Just tell him outright and be prepared for whatever answer he gives.
    If he isn`t interested then it is up to you to accept that and act in a way that doesn`t push him away.

I'm so afraid that he might reject me :ohwell:
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    he packs you lunch and gives you chocolates as a nice surprise?!!? thats man speak for "please notice me" I am 90% sure of it. You are smart AND pretty and he clearly cares for you - so sit him down and tell him how you feel. If not you are going to regret wasting so much time!

and then come back and tell us all how it went :)
  • _Angie
    Options
    he packs you lunch and gives you chocolates as a nice surprise?!!? thats man speak for "please notice me" I am 90% sure of it. You are smart AND pretty and he clearly cares for you - so sit him down and tell him how you feel. If not you are going to regret wasting so much time!

and then come back and tell us all how it went :)

Do I just tell him that I have strong feelings for him or can I be dead honest and tell him how much I love him? Don't want to scare him off either
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It seems you both have feelings for one another. As I guy I lived with a girl and never ever did I do anything like that for her as I did not have the feelings for her, on the ohter hand if I lived with a girl and had feelings for her I would do many things to grab her attention as he is doing...

Just sit down with him, maybe cook him a nice dinner and just chat =]
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    well you probably want to avoid saying something like "oh and I have the names of our kids picked out.." but just ask him out.. or, tell him you are cooking him dinner and make a very romantic table for the 2 of you and take it from there..

You have to be prepared for him not to feel the same way but in all honesty I don't think thats the case judging by what you have said. is it just you 2 flatsharing?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'd tell him you have strong feelings. He's so sweet I'm 90% sure also that he really likes u x
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It looks like a good sign that he is cooking you dinner and packing you lunch. But some guys are like that and it doesn't have to mean anything.

What I would do... have a 'romantic' night. Put on a movie, have a good glass of wine, snuggle up a little bit when the movie gets romantic or scary... you will notice if he is into it or not as soon as you move a bit over to him :)

GOod luck and definitely let us know how you go!!!
  • coxy2008
    coxy2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If he is doing those things for you I’m pretty sure he likes you, so just bite the bullet and go for it before the want ifs creep in
  • _Angie
    Options
    It seems you both have feelings for one another. As I guy I lived with a girl and never ever did I do anything like that for her as I did not have the feelings for her, on the ohter hand if I lived with a girl and had feelings for her I would do many things to grab her attention as he is doing...

Just sit down with him, maybe cook him a nice dinner and just chat =]
    I needed that :smile: thanks

well you probably want to avoid saying something like "oh and I have the names of our kids picked out.." but just ask him out.. or, tell him you are cooking him dinner and make a very romantic table for the 2 of you and take it from there..

You have to be prepared for him not to feel the same way but in all honesty I don't think thats the case judging by what you have said. is it just you 2 flatsharing?

Yes it's just the two of us living in the flat. Would a fondue with wine be overkill? My class is finishing in a few hours giving me ample time to get groceries and do it this evening when he gets back from work.
  • leestanley3
    leestanley3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Move out, sorry to be a killer of the joy, but if the guy does get scared off you've lost a really good friend. Perhaps keep ticking over and wait for him to make the move, that way you'll definately know, otherwise he might just see you as a little sis type figure that he wants to take care of and make sure you are OK.
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I also vote tell him. Its better to let him know then hide your feelings and never know what could have been.
    It sounds to me like he may have feelings for you too.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    what does he like? if I was cooking a meal for my man I would make a lasagne or steak and chips (because he likes them)

Definitely have wine though!!
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation a while ago. Roommate, in love, little favours... When I went out to shovel snow, I'd come in to find hot chocolate and a blanket waiting for me. :)

I told him how I felt, but I also told him it wasn't that I was expecting him to feel the same way, I just wanted him to know. As it turns out he didn't feel the same way, but since I put no pressure on him to reciprocate (and made a conscious effort *not* to act any differently around him afterwards), things didn't really get weird. It sucked seeing him go after other girls, but he was still my bestie.

And he still made me hot chocolate. :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Presuming he's single, and you're not an evil person, his answer will be yes to a date. You're very pretty, and if he knows you personally as well, he knows what to expect with you. Men don't friend-zone girls - that's something you evil womenfolk do.

Also, even if he does say no, he doesn't seem the kind of guy to make life unpleasant thereafter - you may be awkward for a couple of days, but it won't do any lasting harm.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Take it from a male. He must be interested in you also. So just lay your feelings for him out there! He will more than likely say he has the same feelings for you also. But at the outside chance that he does not be prepared to deal with that also. I would bet though that he is really interested in you as much more than a flat mate! Good luck and I wish you nothing but success in this my friend!!!
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    Presuming he's single, and you're not an evil person, his answer will be yes to a date. You're very pretty, and if he knows you personally as well, he knows what to expect with you. Men don't friend-zone girls - that's something you evil womenfolk do.

this is true, men are simple folk :p
  • feistymoon
    Options
    Why not get a neutral friend to casually drop in how good a couple you two would make.... then gauge his reaction!! It might tell you whether it's worth taking the risk or not.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    DONT tell him you love him.. This is scary when it happens.. Do something nice.. dinner is a good suggestion.. Maybe drink a bit if you're old enough.. And let him drink a bit too.. Make a move.. If you don't - you'll always wonder 'what could've been'.. If you're scared of getting rejected.. Be more subtle about how you feel.. Down play your feelings for him. Tell him you think he's cute when he does those lunches and things for you.. But with meaning. If he continues to do them - he's totally into you. If not - he thinks its weird you think its cute and he's just doing it to be nice.. I doubt it though..

Or just straight up tell him that you're into him. Ask him on a date.. ??? But let him know it's a date.. and not just as roomies :)

Youre gorgeous and I'm sure he thinks it too.. GO GET HIM TIGER!!!
  • _Angie
    Options
    Makes me very anxious to ask him, should I just do the fondue and hint for a kiss and see where it goes? I don't take rejections well