In love with flatmate, what to do?

Options

Replies

• tashajayne2011
    Options
    then do what you are most comfortable with!
  • Jaxster12
    Jaxster12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a gay flatmate that packs my lunches since according to him I'm killing myself with the processed food at work...just saying
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm actually so excited for you! I have been in a relationship for so long now and even though I love my boyfriend so much, I miss that excitement of just having butterflies and not knowing what will happen when!

I vote for dinner with wine! Just say you are making him dinner because he always does those things for you and you really appreciate it. Maybe things will happen over dinner.. otherwise after dinner on the couch is always easier! Yeah, hint for a kiss!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Heehee.. shame man.. to be in love.. :love:

I love this story though.. It's just too cute..

Be subtle.. Or play a game with him or something that requires some form of honest answers..

OOOOOO.. V-day is coming up.. Send him something to his work place.. Or ask him if you can make dinner for him???
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    Not even the guy I used to date for 2 years packed me lunch or made me hot chocolate :DD Like ever... So if your roommate does all those things, there must be something to it :D Let us know!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what he is thinking.

I can tell you that when I was at school there was a boy who was like that to me. He used to lend me money, come round to do my ironing, he once walked 4 miles into town and back to buy me humous because I had mentioned liking it.

I didn't think anything of it and thought he was just a nice guy. In fact, he had another girlfriend at the time.

A year after we left school I realised that of everything, he was what I missed most about school.

We've been married for 12 1/2 years now and have 2 little boys!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    How about just asking him out to dinner?
  • _Angie
    _Angie Posts: 19
    Options
    I can't tell you what he is thinking.

I can tell you that when I was at school there was a boy who was like that to me. He used to lend me money, come round to do my ironing, he once walked 4 miles into town and back to buy me humous because I had mentioned liking it.

I didn't think anything of it and thought he was just a nice guy. In fact, he had another girlfriend at the time.

A year after we left school I realised that of everything, he was what I missed most about school.

We've been married for 12 1/2 years now and have 2 little boys!

I cried reading your post! Thank you so much!

I'm making a list of all the foods I can use for a fondue and going to try and make it as romantic as possible by laying cushions on the floor and doing it outside under the starry night. If it doesn't work out then I hope things don't get weird or that he avoids me.

Can you fondue steak?
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thats cute...but don't make the first move...let him do that !
  • _Angie
    Options

He has been doing it for the past 6 months, how long should I wait?
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options

^^^Agreed.. Do the dinner - but let him make a move first.. Good luck hun x
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    I understood that to mean 'on the dinner date'???? Am i wrong.. ?
  • _Angie
    Options

I guess he should make the first move :smile: Now to get something appropriate to wear
  • Jaxster12
    Jaxster12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I guess he should make the first move :smile: Now to get something appropriate to wear

Go naked and I can promise you he will make the first move!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    GOOD LUCK !!!
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just go for it girl.. What is the worst that could happen
  • grantacconda
    Options
    Get drunk together.. go in for a kiss... If it fails you can always just say sorry about last night i was drunk ;)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    aww that's sweet, but you don't have to be elaborate, just do it
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me smile :flowerforyou:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Awww kiss him honey!

This is me being the little old lady across the hall.