In love with flatmate, what to do?

Options

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    if you don't tell him, you're just giving another girl the chance to. WHAT IF you never have the chance to find out his feelings for you because you didn't tell him your feelings? No need to use the love word, but tell him that you have strong feelings for him.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    *sits, gets popcorn* oooooo what is going to happen??
    Good luck, I think he likes you too :blushing:
  • purplerain011
    Options
    bump
    Goodluck. :)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd broach the subject carefully. I wouldn't make a big romantic scene unless I was absolutely sure he liked me. If you make a big romantic dinner and lay it all out there and he doesn't feel the same, candles and wine will only make you feel more awkward and vulnerable.

I would bring it up lightly when you both have a way to get out of there if things don't pan out the way you want... for example, make light plans (movies with friends or something) and then an hour before you leave, tell him. Then if he rejects you, you can be like "Ok, well, I'm meeting friends so I'd better get going." And if he doesn't reject you, you can stay for a while, or even cancel the movies.

That's what I would do.
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    KEEP US UPDATED. I NEED TO KNOW HOW THIS TURNS OUT!

You're very pretty, and from all of his little gestures, it sounds like he likes you. But even if he doesn't, he seems like a really sweet guy, and wouldn't be weird or awkward if he didn't feel the same way. We know one thing, he cares about you, so either way, I think things will turn out just fine!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I am mother to a 21 year old male. I can tell you with all honesty that they are absolutely clueless when female likes them, My husband is the same way too.

If you are interested in him, tell him that you are. Don't go overboard with a ton of emotions but put it out there that you are interested in him.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    A definitive "NO", is easier to live with then years of "woulda, shoulda, coulda". Let him know how you feel. There is great advise in this thread, I cannot add any better.

Keep us posted, I am curious how it works out.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, I just have to know what happens with this! It's like our own MFP soap opera :bigsmile:

Good luck to the OP!!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I too am bumping so I can see what happens!! I say go for it, girl! :)
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he already likes you if he does all of those sweet things! If I were you, I would take the chance and tell him (but it sounds like you're already planning a little something special for him :flowerforyou: ). I wouldn't tell him "I love you" because you're right, it could scare him off...you're not dating just yet. Just tell him you have feelings for him that have developed past friendship and that you would like to be more than friends. Be yourself, stay confident, and don't let it ruin your friendship if it doesn't work out (But I'm 99.9% sure that it will work out!!).

Come back and tell us how it went, I'd love to hear the ending!
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am curious of the result as well! Good luck! Hope it all works out for you! :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    he packs you lunch and gives you chocolates as a nice surprise?!!? thats man speak for "please notice me" I am 90% sure of it. You are smart AND pretty and he clearly cares for you - so sit him down and tell him how you feel. If not you are going to regret wasting so much time!

and then come back and tell us all how it went :)

Do I just tell him that I have strong feelings for him or can I be dead honest and tell him how much I love him? Don't want to scare him off either

I'm pretty sure he is as crazy about you as you are about him. He packs you lunch AND gives you chocolate!! That is soooo a boyfriend kind of thing to do. Stop being so chicken, and just tell him... before its too late!!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Unless you are up front about how you feel, your feelings will be transparent, invisible.

Be true to your heart, and he will be with his own. If he wants to just be friends, respect that.

You never know where the friend path may lead. He will know you care deeply about him and it will change the course he is on forever. If he never knows, you will never be a part of the current course he is on.
  • peachy782
    Options
    I used to have someone exactly like this (well not a flatmate but I worked with him...), he used to taxi me around even though he lived in the opposite direction, once when I got totally trashed at a friends party he put me in a taxi, carried me indoors, put me into bed after holding back my hair lol, and then went home again about 20mins away and paid for both taxi's, used to do things for me and buy me little things, and it was only a few years later he told me he really liked me but was intimidated and knew I liked someone else so never said anything!!
    You're a stunner go for it, he'd be mad not to like you and you'll always wonder what if!
    but do it in a light hearted way, flirt lots, wear a cute dress (unless you know he likes certain looks or has complimented on specific outfits) men generally prefer natural looks so don't make too much of an effort,
    Good luck and keep us posted!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can see the outcome! This is such a sweet thread. Good luck!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I would tell him. Good luck...hope all goes well for you.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hope it turns out ok! And I agree with the majority to gently approach him. This is such a lovely thread, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I wish a guy would do lovely things like that for me! lol
  • loveliisa
    Options
    Bump to see the outcome!

This is exciting! good luck!! just be yourself, he already seems to like you anyway!
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump just to follow :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Good luck