Most Embarrassing Gym Moment...

Options

Replies

• AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    bump - i am sitting in the front of the seminar i'm conducting trying not to laugh...

I will have to read this when i'm home from work!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Having the pedal to fall off while sprinting in Spin Class!!!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My friend talked me into going to a spin class with her years ago. My legs were so weak after the class was over, I honest-to-goodness could NOT walk! I collapsed as soon as I got off the bike, had to scoot myself over to the wall, and had to sit on the floor through half of the yoga class before my legs would start cooperating again. Then my husband said I was walking like a cowboy for the next several days.
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    When i first started at the gym, I had no idea how to adjust the seat height on the bike. It was jacked up really high and i'm 5'6. Not wanting to look like I didn't know what i was doing, I jumped up onto the seat but the effort needed to get up, propelled me straight over the other side. I completely fell off the other side but thankfully managed to land on my feet. How i didn't hurt myself, I will never know. Another time i fell off a fit ball and hit my nose with the lat pulldown bar because i was eavesdropping on the trainer at the next machine and not concentrating on what i was doing. None of these embarassments will ever beat the yoga shart though-funniest story ever.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I get nosebleeds every so often just because it feels like having a bleeding moment. I also have an anomaly where my tear ducts and sinuses are fused; I can squirt milk from my eyes, blow bubbles with them under water... and with nosebleeds, I end up with my right eye full of blood sometimes.

I was running on the treadmill when my nosebleed started, so I cut it short (not touching anything) and went to the locker room. The locker room was closed for cleaning, signs up and all, but that's where the bathroom was and I need paper towels. There was a janitor and a gym attendant inside, both males, who had both seen me on the treadmill just prior to the nosebleed. BOTH of them asked me individually if I'd fallen on the treadmill and faceplanted. Neither of them looked like they believed my explanation. I've since seen the gym attendant gesturing toward me to other employees when I'm on the treadmill. Pretty sure if I had a friend go ask about the "bloody faceplant girl" they'd point right at me. :P
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just one moment?!?

I have a regular embarrassing moment weekly.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was on the ellip machine and talking to the three people with me about the Giants game in the background. I was totally feeling kind of awesome because I usually don't talk at all at the gym.

And then I burped. Like a giant man burp. Like one of those burps you see on tv and think must be fake.

The dude next to me yelled "Holy *kitten* that was loud"

Rotfl!!!!!!!!
  • CandynKS
    CandynKS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wore shorts to the gym once that my dog had eaten the crotch out of. I noticed it after my warm-up on the treadmill so I didn't totally flash anyone but still...
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i tripped and fell on a treadmill, sprinting, and hit it, and it immediately shot me off the back into the wall.....................
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have soooo done that and even put a hole in the wall with my foot hehe
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I want to read them all later!!!'

It should be the funniest topic in MFP!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am laughing so hard that I have tears running down my face!! My kids want to know what's so funny, but I can't repeat some of these.... Holy cow!! THIS IS A HILARIOUS THREAD!!!:laugh:
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    In yoga in College we were doing the "Snail" position I believe it is called where you put your legs up in the air with all of your weight on your shoulders and then roll your legs over your head to touch the floor above your head. I farted :( and immediately I went out of position and a girl asked if that was me. I said no.. lol I have never done that position in public since then!!
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later :)
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    There are a few "falling off treadmill" ones on here but here's mine.

I was running on the treadmill and turned to fix my ipod, I lost my footing which made me fall in 3 stages
    1. knees hit tredmill
    2. elbows and face hit treadmill
    3. whole body hits the floor right by where the beefcakes are lifting the super heavy weights

One beefcake did the whole umpire thing and yelled "she's good"
    I still had marks on my knees for my beach wedding 2 months later....had to edit the photos cause my dress was short
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I was 15 or 16, and went to the gym with my mom. This extremely cute young man (20 maybe at the time) was working at the front desk. I had forgotten my gym pass and my mom laughed and called me a 'dingbat' as she asked the hottie to look up my information. When we were leaving, mr. hottie flashes me a big smile and just when I think he is going to say something charming and sexy, he says "BYE DINGBAT! hahaha!"

I was mortified. I could have killed my mom after that.
  • Just2Jean
    Just2Jean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The great thing is that you returned...dedication!!
    :smile:
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple! I too have farted while training with my trainer. Whenever i am 'taking a walk' he knows to keep his distance! Another time while using the cables to do high pulls, I actually hit myself in the forehead.
    Then, I think my ultimate embarrassing gym moment was in grade 9 in gym class. I was on the rowing machine and was wearing a long t-shirt and shorts. I noticed that as I was going it was getting harder to row, didn't realize that my shirt had got caught under the seat and was slowing the process down. The funniest thing was that it was so stuck, when I tried to stand up, the back of the machine came up with me! Had to rip the shirt to set me free! Lol! still good for some laughs.:laugh:
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Bump
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I guess mine would have to be when I joined the gym with my mom. I had just given birth to my son a few months before, and I had he and his older sister just 15 mos apart. After having 2 babies in less than a year and a half my abs were gone! The woman who signed us up had us do a few different exercises as we walked around the gym, and my mom totally kicked my butt when we did sit ups. She has never been athletic and hates exercise to this day, but I was having the hardest time. Now, that I haven't given birth in about 5 years I'm sure I could do more than her again, but that felt like an all-time low in the moment. I love all 4 of my kids, but that was an embarrassing moment for me! Even though I had a pretty good excuse it was still hard. I was probably still a bit hormonal, but I cried after I left the gym that day.