Email to the ex-husband

Options
Dear Ex-husband (I called him something a little more R rated but this is a PG-13 site):

I would like to discuss with you your non-payment of child support/alimony. I have decided that I want to start dating again, and I could really use the extra money. While I have been able to manage fine without you meeting your financial obligations, if you were to start paying me regularly it would free up money to pay for things like babysitters, dinner with my friends, and drinks. I know that you know that I never paid for a drink in my life (thanks guys!), but it is nice to actually offer to pay, and to do that I really need to have money in my wallet. Extra money would also allow me to get my hair done, mani/pedi's, and of course bikini-waxing, because you never know what might happen.

It would actually benefit (I was going to say behoove but I know you don't know what that means) you to meet your responsibilites because a sexually satisfied ex-wife is a happy ex-wife! That means when you blow-off your son's game again or forget to call the kids for weeks, I will be less likely to b*tch you out about it. Ultimately, by paying alimony now so I can date, it means that you won't have to pay it later. I am sure you will ask what I mean by that, it means I will hopefully be remarried.

I trust that I will be receiving a check from you in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Ex-wife

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My dad stopped paying child support a long time ago, started to add up to like 50 or 60, 000. Then the US government moved in and sent him to the penitentiary (sp?), needless to say, he's making whatever payments he can now.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! :drinker:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    That was too mild, and not nearly sarcastic enough :laugh: ...tell me he's not like the majority on here and actually GETS sarcasm.:noway:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ant parent that doesn't do whatever it takes to raise their child the best way possible, is a POS!!! I didn't have a child until I knew I was ready. And that meant always putting my child's needs first, no matter what. I am very happy to say that my son turned out to be a very good adult.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Hummmm as a women that has to pay chaild support even if we have the kid 50/50% I sure hope you are sarcastic.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I like what you've written.... as a single mom to a little girl whose father doesn't pay child support, I understand where you are coming from.

However, "child support" is supposed to be money that supports the child. I probably would have spun my letter in that direction rather than in the "look at me, I want to date" direction. I feel like that will cause an argument... regardless of how you REALLY want to use the money, it's meant to "support" the "child".
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that regard-- my ex is NEVER late with his payment, and is a pretty good dad overall. Loves his kids, and would never let his kids go without, I'm sure. I never had to take him to court-- we came up with a figure like grownups, and he makes it happen.

In your state, can you take him to a version of Domestic Relations, and have his wages garnished? As for the alimony, in my state that has to be negotiated as part of the divorce settlement. I can't go back for it later. But child support is different. . Good luck!
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Pretty bland. As an ex husband that paid for my baby girl and everything else over 18 years, if this were a real letter, I would inform you it would not work.

Saying to your ex hey give me the money youowe me so I can drink, get waxed, get laid, and party prolly isnt gonna work. Gonna have the opposite impact.

I am totally against POS dads--AND moms cuz they are out there too. You put the time in to sport it, then you need to abort it or support it. Not walk away.

I know this was in jest but Im sure it has a basis in fact---if you have a POS ex, I hope you get your cash. Cash aside, I hope he goes to see his kids game---in 8 years I missed 3 games, and will always treasure those memories.

Luck.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ant parent that doesn't do whatever it takes to raise their child the best way possible, is a POS!!! I didn't have a child until I knew I was ready. And that meant always putting my child's needs first, no matter what. I am very happy to say that my son turned out to be a very good adult.

Love it! There are some terrific dads out there!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    bump
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    LOL If I sent that to my ex-husband, he'd rack up even more past due support (currently at over 17K) because he wouldn't understand the sarcasm. Get your local Child Support Enforcement involved. They'll get it for you. ;)
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank God my support payments come right out of his check or I would never get anything.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    However, "child support" is supposed to be money that supports the child. I probably would have spun my letter in that direction rather than in the "look at me, I want to date" direction. I feel like that will cause an argument... regardless of how you REALLY want to use the money, it's meant to "support" the "child".

THIS^^^
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Do you take IOU's?
    How about a post dated check?

Thanks
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTGtfk9j0siEvShrSgK5K-ujCqCTOYpy9YSEUFM0G61psAXED75aMuR86B
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options

^ This. Is OP making fun of those beverly hills housewives again?