Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    3/7 Taebo basic and walking.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Oh Verda--20 BELOW??? You make me feel like such a wimp--I complain when it's not at least mid-30's here in NC! Great job getting it done ladies. And Debra--that 80's prom sounds like SOO much fun!!

Keep getting it ladies. I'm still sitting at 2/7 for the week, and my parents are coming into town tonight so not sure if Olivia and I will get a chance to do our Just Dance workout. But at least I'm off this weekend so I'll be able to hit the elliptical on Saturday and Sunday for sure.

Off to take a 3 hour glucose tolerance test in a few. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! I was totally bummed when I failed my 1 hour test the other day and it makes absolutely no sense to me. When I was pregnant with my daughter I started that pregnancy about 25 pounds heavier than this one (and at 6 1/2 months pregnant I'm still below my starting weight with that pregnancy!), I really wasn't watching my diet and getting basically no exercise and I passed the 1 hour glucose test with no problems. If I end up having gestational diabetes this go around I will be SOOOO mad!!! Oh well--blame something else on being the in the lovely "advanced maternal age" category!!

Hope you guys have a great day! Almost to the weekend!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Ohh Heather I hope you pass this testing, you have taken such controll of your health and then this showing up is quite a bummer I agree!!! My sister had that with her pregnant days. It was a bummer but I must say she did take better care of herself with food choices. She did not gain much, not like I did anyways!:wink: And yes it is fridgid COLD here!! But we ARE Montanans and we really do get use to it!!

5/7 with 3 miles on the elliptical!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Treadmill for me yesterday 3/7. I was at a friends altering a tux for her husband for the prom...so fun! SHe asked if I wanted to go to lunch or workout.... WORKOUT I said..haha, she has a lovely home and a great workout room... loved taking advantage of that and it always goes so fast when workingout with someone else.
    Heather... so sorry, that test sounds like a drag.... hopefully everything comes back ok.
    Verda.... we r sitting at 9* this morning with a storm heading in tonight supposedly 5-7 inches. We have had a pretty mild winter so far, so I can deal with this right now... haven't even used the snow blower yet, sounds like tomorrow that will change.

Reorganizing my upstairs sewing room today, but will try to get a dvd done sometime!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Good morning all!! Good news on my end--my 3 hour glucose tolerance test came back completely normal!! Not sure why the initial screening test wasn't good. Must have been the banana that I ate while I was chugging the Glucola the first time around!! So I'll continue to make good choices and eat within my calorie goals, but I'm glad that I don't need to give up my sweets altogether!!

I didn't get any official exercise in to count yesterday, but I was certainly more active running back and forth from my office forth to my OB office which is three hospitals down from me. I had to do that 4 times for blood draws yesterday morning, plus the elevators were running slow in the afternoon so I chose to go up 6 flights of stairs rather than wait. I won't count it as an official 3/7 but at least I did get some movement in. Planning a date with my elliptical on Saturday and Sunday. :)

Hope you guys have a great day. The weekend is almost here!!!! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Sooo glad to read your test's were NORMAL Heather!!!

THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY!!!:drinker: :drinker: Have a good one everybody!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    4/7 The firm 25 min.

Verda - 20 below. BURRRRR.
    Heather- glad your tests came out well.
    Debra - way to work it. You alter? I have a few things that need altering. Can you do people too? I have some people I would like altered.:ohwell:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!! I'm 3/7 today with 45 minutes on my elliptical. Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    5/7 25 min the Crunch with Kendall. I was going to be lazy but since I have Netflix I saw the streaming strength training video so I did some of it.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Guess what ladies???? I took yesterday off, yes you read correctly!:wink::wink:
    Today I did 3 miles on the elliptical. That would make me 6/7!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Go Verda!!!

1/7 22 min or walking on breaks
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Good job ladies! Verda--I'm glad you FINALLY took a day to rest--you deserve it!

I was hoping to get in 1/7 yesterday during my daughter's nap, but she was super clingy and wouldn't take a nap. I can't complain though, since I only get to see her for 1-2 hours each night during the week I LOVE when she just wants to snuggle with mommy. So I'll try to see if she'll do Just Dance with me this evening to at least burn a few calories.

Hope you guys are having a good start to the week!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    1/7 with 2 miles on the TM and 3 miles on the elliptical!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    2/7 yesterday with 25min of firm
    3/7 today with 23 min on treadmill and 1 mile with leslie
  • vhuber
    Options
    2/7 2 miles on the TM & 3 miles on the elliptical
  • vhuber
    Options
    Where are ya friends????

My 3/7 was 2 miles on TM and 3 miles on the bike. Had to go light tonite cuz I donated blood after school!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    4/7 with 20 min walking and 11 min of the crunch
  • ctwetty
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cindy and I'm new, but if I understand this correct I would be 3/7 as I have worked out everyday this week tonight was a quick 30 min on the treadmill and as I'm fairly new to that as well I can only run a 12 min mile right now trying for a 10min mile, from the looks and sounds of things you have mastered the work out and thought you would be a terrific support person- so have a terrific night and I will keep checking into this site and try to figure out how it all works, thanks for allowing the rant
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My goodness.... life is keeping me very busy..... sorry I have not been more supportive this month. We r having some drain issues here on the old farm..... I was so in love with this old farm house when we found it 14 years ago.... now I am sick to death of it... we go from one thing to the next..... a small part of me wishes we would of just tore down and rebuilt.... way to late for that! ugh!

3/7 this week... Tuesday I did an old firm video and my tush has been so dang sore ever since...haha, funny how a little change up make you realize there are muscles you haven't maybe hit for a while!

Elliptical, Firm vol 1 and treadmill last evening..... today will either be kickboxing or ChaleneX
    school delay here, ice on the roads.... I hate ice would much rather it be snow!

Welcome Cindy..... and a slow mile is better than no mile....:flowerforyou: , good for you!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Welcome Cindy! This is a great little group, hope you stick around! :)

Verda--good for you for donating blood! I really need to get back into that--once this pregnancy is over, of course. I'm O negative so they LOVE my blood since I'm a universal donor! :)

You guys are doing fabulous as usual, and I have had another rotten week as far as workouts go, but doing good staying on target with calories. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm still sitting at 0/7 for the week!! :ohwell: I think that the third trimester fatigue is really kicking in, plus this has been yet another super busy week as usual. My little sister had her beautiful baby girl yesterday morning, and that has made me all the more anxious to meet my little one--though not for a bit longer since I'm just over 30 weeks now and have A TON of stuff to wrap up here at work before I can escape to maternity leave! I can't believe I'll technically be full term in just under 7 weeks!

Debra and Ivy--I was looking through my friends list and I have no idea why we're not officially "friends" on here. So I'm sending a request your way. :smile:

Keep doing what you're doing ladies, and I promise I'll get back to it. We don't have ANY company or any plans this weekend, so I'm definitely planning to get my workout on Saturday and Sunday!