lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Looks tasty!
  • Dreamerof916
    Options
    Just made this recipe and it IS delish! My husband and I agree!
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    that looks grt, will try soon.
  • JaymeLS
    JaymeLS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is a big serving. I'm on a restricted sodium diet and I would only be able to eat 1 cup. But it sure sounds good.
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing thanks!!
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    Bump!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love this soup and I eat it for lunch and dinner for about 5 days straight then I take a couple weeks off and repeat. It is super filling. First magazine also had this soup but they added some healthy ingredients. Like if you are Tired Blue and Foggy add tsp. of seaweed gomasio and 1 cup of zucchini. If you are battling carb cravings a GI distress in place of mushrooms use 1/2 cup of grated daikon (mild japanese radish) and also double to 4 cloves of garlic and Add 1 small peeled chopped eggplant. If you are prone to stress, dizziness and salt cravings add 1/2 teaspoon of himalayan sea salt and 4 to 5 cups of spinach. If you are plagued by bloat, headaches and colds add 1 tsp. of turmeric and increase the amount of cilantro.
    they also use 1 TBS. lime juice. everything is about the same.
    I was doing this around the holidays and have not been on a scale yet. I traveled out of town for 2 weeks and did not do very well with my diet and fitness plan but I did try this soup 2x a day for one week and I do not feel like I put on any weight some of my clothes do feel baggy??? If nothing else it is very good for you...
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! yet another tool to get me closer to my goal!
  • osorio1
    osorio1 Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • Magi71
    Magi71 Posts: 5
    Options
    What is BUMP???
  • simone207
    simone207 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well this looks delicious. It's certainly worth a try as well! Maybe I can break this plateau I've been on. :)
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Okay...so, the soup is in the crockpot as I type this, and went back here to ask if I should set the pot on High or Low (decided on High, lest it be cold in 2 hours!)

I also made a couple modifications just for convenience sake:

Used 2 packages of Amylu Chicken Meatballs (from Costco) instead of taking the time to thaw and brown the meat.
    Used dried onions, garlic and parsley because I had it handy (I know that they say fresh is better, but frugality takes precedence!)
    Used a 32 oz bottle of Mr. and Mrs. T Bloody Mary Mix that I was wanting to get rid of, instead of the tomatoe juice (maybe I should have relaxed on the spices afterwords, now that I think of it!)
    Store was out of ground cumin, so I ground the seeds myself!

I am thinking this is going to be delicious...and now that I think of it, I think that I..ahem...should've gotten some Beano at the store! :)

thanks again for posting!
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bananniek
    Options
    I will be making this, thanks!