Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chrissy :smile: I guess I just need some time to get used to it
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    hey guys random question.... I need some advice on my hair.

This past weekend when I was wogging my hair kept getting on my nerves bc it was so long..even in a ponytail. It kept touching the back of my neck and getting all nasty...so...I decided to cut it on monday :noway: I haven't cut it in foooorever and now I'm very unsure of what to think of it. No one at work or in my family has said anything about my haircut....I'm not sure if it's bc they don't notice or if it looks bad and they don't want to say anything lol! It doesn't really matter what they think, but it just has ME thinking if it looks ok.

I have before and after pics posted in my profile... what do you guys think? Should I get a different style or should I leave it grow back out???

Yeah, I have the same problem with my bangs getting in my face.

Crissy's right . . . Your hair looks AWESOME either way. Your family and coworkers are just speechless by how beautiful your hair looks!:laugh:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hi,
    I think your hair looks great. I think that since it's not that major of a change, your family and friends probably didn't notice. and the fact that it is just as pretty now as it was then makes it easy to just pass off as your having a good hair day.
    :bigsmile: :happy:
    I hope you are all having a good day today. I am. I've decided that since I have a day off today from the treadmil, I am going to lay out in the sun and get a tan. I don't get to enjoy the relaxing lawn chairs in my back yard very often and so that is a good way to spend the little ones naptime. I'm so looking forward to a cool water, my music, and a comfy recliner. and I'll start working on my summer tan.

:glasses: :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Thanks Kimss I def miss my long hair...I didn't think 6inches would bother me so much lol Oh well.

I am with you on relaxing today! I did get in some wogging today...a whole 3 miles. I am going to lay around for the rest of today bc I have off. I wanted to lay out in the sun...but....it's rainy and gloomy, so that's out of the question. Hopefully tomorrow is sunny!
  • kimss
    Options
    Thanks Kimss I def miss my long hair...I didn't think 6inches would bother me so much lol Oh well.

I am with you on relaxing today! I did get in some wogging today...a whole 3 miles. I am going to lay around for the rest of today bc I have off. I wanted to lay out in the sun...but....it's rainy and gloomy, so that's out of the question. Hopefully tomorrow is sunny!

I know how hard it is to get used to the shorter hair. I used to have long hair too, and I just cut it off"again" Nov. 08. I have gone back and forth with long hair for over 20 yrs. I always think short hair will be less work, but it always works out to be more. but, this time I'm letting my bangs grow out, this is new for me, I'm a girl of the 80's hahaha....yes, I love big hair. I was also a hairdresser during the late 80's until 2005. I still love doing it , just moved and never started up again.

(Sun Tanning for the day....)when I wrote this, and hour ago, it was slightly overcast, but now the clouds moved in and I even heard some thunder. so unless this passes in the next 1/2 hr. my plans are ruined.
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey there....I'm feeling sad, been this way since yeterday. Didn't have the energy to wogg today. Went to my son's graduation at Camp Pendleton, my heart swells with pride when I see him in his uniform. It seems like only yesterday I was changing his diaper and he relied on me for everything. We only had one hour to spend together before he had to board a bus to take him to the airport to catch a flight to the east coast. I miss him already......
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I think very highly of everyone in the military. I have a lot of family and friends that have and are in the military...and for some reason I've dated mostly military guys too.
    I guess I just look up to people that are in the military.

Just by looking at your picture, I can tell your son is a great person :smile: I'm sure you're extremely proud of him! Congrats to him for graduating!

Send him lots of letters/cards/emails and gift boxes...that's what I do with my military family and friends. They love it! It makes them feel good knowing there's always something in the mail for them. :happy:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow woggers!! I got started on the Couch to 5 K this week - I actually did it!! I can run longer than they want at one time for week 1, but decided to just follow the program - besides I can only do it for the first time or two of jogging in the mix, then I peter out. Hopefully this will help me hang in there! I have really liked the 2 days I've done so far!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Awesome job MTGirl! How long did you end up running? Just curious. I'm trying to run more and want to be able to run without falling over:tongue:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Hi fellow woggers!! I got started on the Couch to 5 K this week - I actually did it!! I can run longer than they want at one time for week 1, but decided to just follow the program - besides I can only do it for the first time or two of jogging in the mix, then I peter out. Hopefully this will help me hang in there! I have really liked the 2 days I've done so far!!

I love Couch to 5K!!!!! It gets harder, don't worry. It is fun, but it starts to get a little get boring, so I listen to a playlist on my ipod while I wog!:happy:
  • kimss
    Options
    Hey there....I'm feeling sad, been this way since yeterday. Didn't have the energy to wogg today. Went to my son's graduation at Camp Pendleton, my heart swells with pride when I see him in his uniform. It seems like only yesterday I was changing his diaper and he relied on me for everything. We only had one hour to spend together before he had to board a bus to take him to the airport to catch a flight to the east coast. I miss him already......

My heart goes out to you, I'm sure your son will do great in his career and have a great time. I can't imagine how hard it must be to let your child go after all the years you spent together. My kids are still young so I have time before I feel your pain for real.
    Please keep your chin up and take your time, wogging will be here when your ready to get back into it.
    :smile:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I wogged today for the first time in a week and a half!!! It felt great! I'm working my way up to being able to run a full mile without stopping to walk!

Every May, there is a big 6K race in my town. My goal is to be able to wog (mostly jogging :happy: ) the race next year! I've never run the race but have always wanted to! I'm giving myself a whole year to train since I've never really been a runner.

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fitgal411
    Options
    HEY WOGGERS . . . REMEMBER TO SEND ME YOUR EXERCISE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that means your total minutes you exercised from last thursday to yesterday):bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    365 mins from last thurs to yesterday:smile:
  • kimss
    Options
    hi,
    my total minutes from last Thurs- Wed. 304 total. I am wogging today for another 60mins. or more. it was nice to have the day off yesterday.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Kidvicious......Great job... :happy: you worked your little butt off this last week. you go girl!!!!!!
    I hope everyone is really happy with there numbers and are motivated to get out there and do more this coming week. I know I am.

:smile: :laugh: Have a great week everyone.:bigsmile: :smile:
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement to you and Kidvicious28. I really appreciate it. I'm still sad and didn't feel like wogging.....again. Today, we are celebrating my oldest grandchilds b-day, it will take my mind off missing my son. Tomorrow we are going on a mini vacation, hopefully by the time we return, I will be in better spirits and energized to get back to wogging. Its just that his leaving the state made me realize that he is a grown man and that my role as a mother has forever changed. I don't know how to explain it. I feel like his leaving has left a huge void in my heart......
  • kimss
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement to you and Kidvicious28. I really appreciate it. I'm still sad and didn't feel like wogging.....again. Today, we are celebrating my oldest grandchilds b-day, it will take my mind off missing my son. Tomorrow we are going on a mini vacation, hopefully by the time we return, I will be in better spirits and energized to get back to wogging. Its just that his leaving the state made me realize that he is a grown man and that my role as a mother has forever changed. I don't know how to explain it. I feel like his leaving has left a huge void in my heart......

Oh, you just sound so sad:cry::sad: I just want to reach out and give you a hug.
    I hope you can try to enjoy your mini-vacation. where are you going? just try to rest and know that your son is in good hands, GODS, and that he will be home soon. Is he off to bootcamp? or deployment?
    I know I hate it when my hubby goes on deployment. so far 6months id the longest he has had to be gone, but I know how long every min. can be.

I wish you strength for the day and comfort for the pain.
    :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I should have included yesterday in my minutes, but that would be unfair to all of you.:grumble: I did 40 minutes of Wogging and 60 minutes of Dance Dance Revolution, which I just discovered and is an AWESOME way to burn calories and have fun at the same time!

I only have minutes from kimss and kidvicious28. To send them to me, just click on my profile and then click "send message".:flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    Options
    :huh: it's looking like we are the only ones left on this thread. we are diehards you know :bigsmile:
    anyways, I don't care, i like you girls.

I did my wog yesterday too. 60min. i did my 2 mile nonstop run again.. so only 1 more time this week and I will reach my personal goal of 3 times a week. :bigsmile:
    I am going to do my light day today, it may be in 2 halfs. 30 min. early and 30 min. later. I'm going to do a bit af shopping when my hubby gets home.
    I will work hard at keeping my weekend good, but Sat will be hard. We won tickets to go to a new aquarium that opened up in conjunction with Legoland , so we are taking the kids, which means eating out most all day. well I havent' had a cheat day in a few weeks so I am going to enjoy myself. we also will be doing alot of walking so, I hope that will help with burnign off those extra cals.
    I hope you all have a good day,:smile:
  • southern_gurl
    Options
    I think I am a wogger to. Can anyone tell me how many calories a typical 60 minute wogging session burns?