Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Weekly check-in time!!! Some of my distances have changed from the earlier post because I actually got out and tracked the distance with my car!! :wink:

Monday - Walked 0.6 mile in 15 minutes
    Tuesday - Walked 0.6 mile in am (15 min), walked/jogged 2 miles in pm (25 minutes)
    Wednesday - Walked/jogged 3.5 miles in pm (40 minutes)
    Thursday - Walked 1 mile in 20 mintues, Turbo Jam Fat Blaster workout (whew!!!) 30 mintues

SW: 188
    CW: 184
    GW: 150

I lost 4 lbs. my first week!! I'm so excited because I have really been struggling to stay close to my 1200 calories. So far, I've only been successful 1 out of 7 days :cry: . But, I'm getting the hang of it!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!! I am so proud of all of you, you've done great this week. We are definitely shedding some pounds and getting healthy in this group. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

For this week -

Walked 45 mins Day 1 - Sat May 30
    Walked 60 mins/Biked 49 mins Day 3 - Mon June 1
    Walked 93 mins Day 4 - Tues June 2
    Walked 60 mins Day 5 - Wed June 3
    Walked 51 mins/Biked 69 mins Day 6 - Thurs June 4

Lost 5.5 lbs this week. This has been a really good week and I can't thank you all enough for all the encouragement and motivation you give.

Blessings to all of you,
    Nita
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Ok so I have had a really crazy week. Didn't get as much walking in as I wanted but boy I worked my tail off @ work. We are short handed and I do surgeries. RUN RUN RUN:frown: So here are my current stats: Wed 6/3 15 min walk Thurs 6/4 15 min walk my weight stayed the am :cry: Damn pizza! :laugh: :tongue: :wink: Have a good weekend all
  • mom25grls
    mom25grls Posts: 5
    Options
    Can't say that walking has been timed....spent most of the week running a lady to dr appointments (new job I have) and haven't been able to.

Today .... I mowed the lawn for 1/2 hour and raked and weeded the garden.

Monday I will be starting to walk in the a.m. with my daughter....soooo not a good this week blast it any ways! :( next week much better!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    my weight stayed the same :cry: Damn pizza! :laugh: :tongue: :wink: Have a good weekend all

...hey, at least you didn't GAIN any weight!!! :bigsmile:
  • nurse7641
    nurse7641 Posts: 23
    Options
    Weekly checkin....

Friday (5/29)---1 mile
    Saturday (5/30)---1 mile...Alzheimer's Memory Walk
    Sunday (5/31)---1 mile
    Monday (06/01)---2 miles
    Tuesday (06/02)---2.5 miles
    Wednesday (06/03)---2.5 miles
    Thursday (06/04)---3 miles

Thanks for all of the Super Encouragement!!!!!!!

Looking forward to another GREAT week!!!!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    haha you're toooo funny :laugh: I'll remember that the next time I get my bike out hehe
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Check in day! :happy:

Friday (5/29)---56 mins
    Saturday (5/30)---10 mins (plus 55 mins of circuit training)
    Sunday (5/31)---31 mins
    Monday (06/01)--- 52 mins
    Tuesday (06/02)--- 13 mins (plus 54 mins of circuit training)
    Wednesday (06/03)---52 mins
    Thursday (06/04)--- 20 mins (plus 56 mins circuit training)

I forgot to take notice on how far I walked each day. I'll have to start paying attention.

I lost 2 lbs!
  • stratdl
    Options
    Check in day! :happy:

Friday (5/29)---56 mins
    Saturday (5/30)---10 mins (plus 55 mins of circuit training)
    Sunday (5/31)---31 mins
    Monday (06/01)--- 52 mins
    Tuesday (06/02)--- 13 mins (plus 54 mins of circuit training)
    Wednesday (06/03)---52 mins
    Thursday (06/04)--- 20 mins (plus 56 mins circuit training)

I forgot to take notice on how far I walked each day. I'll have to start paying attention.

I lost 2 lbs!

Way to go, kidvicious!!! You inspire me to try to do more! I'm almost feeling guilty that today is a cardio day off! :ohwell:

...although I'm wondering if it counts to have my heart rate go up because grocery shopping tonight was irritating? Hmmm :tongue:
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey guys! I was so psyched to start this challenge that I walked Saturday and Monday...but then my daughter got sick and I got lazy :grumble: I normally weigh in on Sundays, so as of today I'm still the same weight. Tomorrow I'm back to the gym so hopefully my normal Sunday weigh in will show something lost. Congrats to you all though! I see a lot of great progress so this week up I am gonna strut so I can join in the "way to go!!" Hope you all have a great week!:smile:

212585.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha whenever I go grocery shopping I put on ankle weights LOL! It's one way I can get some extra exercise in when I need it.

Today I was only able to exercise for 10 mins..:ohwell: which stinks...but I spent the entire day (10:30am-9pm) working my butt off (I'm a server). I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off...oh man...it was rough, but I think that should count for something lol I never put it in my exercise log tho, but eh, at least I'm active :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey taxigirlie! Glad to hear you started off well. At least you did something, that's what counts. It's better than nothing :smile: Good luck with losing that weight. I know you can do it :happy:
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey taxigirlie! Glad to hear you started off well. At least you did something, that's what counts. It's better than nothing :smile: Good luck with losing that weight. I know you can do it :happy:

Thanks kidvicious!! I really need that support! I hope this week is better! Keep up your great work!! :flowerforyou:

212585.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Walkers :heart: I walked 4 miles today in 68 minutes. :heart: It was a great day. I plan on 6 miles tomorrow plus a few hours at the pool swimming. :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    wow Cindy! You're really doing a great job. Every day I see how much exercise you get in and I think "wow, I need to be like her!". That's really awesome! Keep up the good work :smile:

You motivate all of us to do more! :happy:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's my check in stuff,lol

Friday (5/29)- 2.5miles in 40 min
    Saturday (5/30)- " "
    Sunday (5/31)- " "
    Monday (06/01)-3.5 miles in 55 min
    Tuesday (06/02)-2.5 miles in 30 min!
    Wednesday (06/03)-3.5 miles in 45 min
    Thursday (06/04)-" "

* I lost 3lbs this week, woowhoo:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: Good Job Ladies! Keep it up!:flowerforyou: :happy: :heart:
  • akana07
    akana07 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know I am about a week behind, but I would love to join in on this considering Im going on a family vacation in 3 weeks... a little fine tuning would be nice!!
  • factorfox
    factorfox Posts: 4
    Options
    I see you are losing alot of weight, care to share a few secrets? oh and CONGRATULATIONS
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    wow Cindy! You're really doing a great job. Every day I see how much exercise you get in and I think "wow, I need to be like her!". That's really awesome! Keep up the good work :smile:

You motivate all of us to do more! :happy:
    Thanks a bunch ! :flowerforyou: You are so sweet . :heart: I hope everyone has a great weekend. I peeked at the scale this morning but my official weigh in is tomorrow. I am happy. I'll update everyone tomorrow. :smile: Cindy
  • stratdl
    Options
    I know I am about a week behind, but I would love to join in on this considering Im going on a family vacation in 3 weeks... a little fine tuning would be nice!!

Come on and join us, akana07!!! We love to welcome more walkers!!!!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah