Is anyone that needs to lose 30+ pounds NOT using pills or c

Options

Replies

• judykritikos
    Options
    I don't DIET. that's a negataive. It's automatic rebellion, closed-ended, and 99% of the time ALL the lbs return and bring friends. I wanted to lose 25 lbs - and did it by cutting the junk/crap from my life, exericise 6-7 days a week - but NO DIETS. YES - 6-7 days a week. I dont' have to sustain that level forever. However, it took almost 15 years to pack on 30 lbs - so to get me started, I hit it and hit it hard. Once I get these last 2 lbs off and hit my 140 mark - then I can cut back to 4-5 nights. Which is 2 of Zumba and 2-3 at home on my elliptical. I will always get 5 days of walks twice a day for 25 min (on my break times). That's just a given.
    It ABSOLUTELY can be done - enough ppl do it: without surgery, without pills. Just hard work and stick-to-itness.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am trying a "diet" but I don't call it that because it's not to me - I will do this for the rest of my life - that's why I chose it - it's something I know I can do forever - ANY "DIET" will work - but unless you can live that way forever the weight will come back. So I am doing the 17DD, working out, and just being more healthy in general - we all have to find what works for us...but to me the idea is simple - if you want to lose weight and be healthy you have to eat foods that are better for you - and move that butt....a body in motion - stays in motion. Good Luck - no matter what you choose! :)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the old temptation of fast weight loss and all that jazz.

I used to do a food replacement programme which caused me to lose weight insanely fast. I lost 80lbs in 6 months, I looked ill, my body just completely screwed up.

I've decided just to lose weight and be happy doing so. Which meant to just reprogramme how I looked at losing weight. Instead of looking at it as a regime to just do it then it'll all be over when u reach your target, just change my lifestyle. Fancy a chocolate bar? eat 6 apples, fancies a curry? make my own, fancy fish and chip shop chips with mushy peas? oooh yes because I can! lol

It really takes all the stress out of it. Excersising is now just so fun, can't get enough of it. I hope to become fit, do a Zumba instructing course and start teaching it :)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm not relying on any gimmicks whatsover, so I'm in the same boat as you! Working out 2-4 times a week (if not more, when I can) and attempting to eat healthier than usual... no need to starve myself!

Good luck and know that this is a jog not a sprint to being healthy!
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are not alone dear... Definitely doing a life style change... No diet pills... Working my butt off... Eating right... I really watch the fat in-take and sodium... (Usually nothing over 3 total grams of fat per serving)
  • leeannm33
    Options
    I do not touch pills , drinks or "magic potions", I have made a huge lifestyle change& I try hard to eat right & exercise everyday!! I have lost 80lbs in 54 weeks!! Discouraging at times yes, but slow & steady wins the race right? The way I see it is if any of these "miracle diets" actually WORKED wouldn`t EVERYONE be skinny??
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Good, healthy eating and exercise here and loving every bite!
  • steller14
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better...
  • Cathnger
    Options
    Im using this site and common sense along with exercise and healthier diet. I want to lose 90lb
  • hungriesmama13
    Options
    I have tried them all. I believe the best method is making a lifestyle change. Eat sensibly & add activity. Most of all be patient! It won' happen overnight. If you do all the above, it will come off & will stay off.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am busting my hump 4 times a week at the gym and have changed my eating habits, i hope to make this a total lifestyle change . There are no shortcuts in life.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm just following the plan on here, logging what I eat, staying under 1200 calories, ( not eating back my exercise calories) and I'm walking for 90 minutes a day. I believe that gimmicks and fad diets are just that, gimmicks and fads! A lifestyle change is the only way to do it and keep it off. The hardest challenge for me is the rest of my family eating in front of me. After a month of watching them, I just tell myself that they are sabotaging themselves, not me. It's up to me and me alone to lose the weight and II'm proud of what I've done so far. Good luck.
  • DivaDiane
    Options
    Why pay someone else when you can pay yourself?

Monthly dues, pre-packaged processed foods, pills......these only serve to make someone else rich!

Take the money you would otherwise spend on these "diet companies" and save it towards your new wardrobe.

All the tools you need are right here on this site, and all the motivation is here, too! Just keep logging on every day.
    Keep yourself accountable, learn from others, and stick to the tried-and-true way
    healthy eating and exercise.

13641195.png
  • spiffysara27
    spiffysara27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Diet pills only work for a short amount of time. I learned that from experience. Unless you want to constantly take expensive over the counter drugs that will give you a heart attack 5 years from now, I suggest the lifestyle change! I want to lose 40 pounds by working hard and eating right.
  • SaraFosberg
    Options
    30 lbs down, no pills! Add me if you want!
  • katieg2289
    Options
    No pills for me (unless you are counting healthy, natural vitamins and the like). I need to lose 100+ pounds and I am making a lifestyle change, not going with a fad that I will just gain back later. :)
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Hi! I have lost 19 lbs. on this program I'm currently on, and I am confident I will lose 60 more. Here's my "secret":

Eat healthy and get my *kitten* to the gym!

It's really no "secret", I consider it a good solid truth that many pill-guzzlers and fad-dieters like to avoid. I have no confidence in "diet pills"... if I am losing weight then I want my weak body to get stronger too. I don't want to be a skinny little waif who can barely open the front door - I want to be strong and healthy, get back into martial arts, learn parkour, learn archery, and go out to cause some trouble, lol! I don't know anyone who is using diet pills and garbage like that... everyone I know prefers good, wholesome and healthy food after a stress-relieving and empowering workout! :D
  • DLofromSoBo
    DLofromSoBo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30 lbs. by changing my eating habits and started a workout regimen. It's been 2 and a half weeks and I've lost 5 lbs. To me, that seems to be going slowly, but I guess that's how it is supposed to be. If you have the will to lose, you shouldn't need pills or surgery, you just have to be willing to do the work and change the way you eat. Then, I'm hoping after all of that hard work, I will stick with it and not gain it all back. Time will tell.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    I'm scared of diet pills. 10 years ago, I was going to buy that Metabolife...but right before I did, there was news that came out saying it wasn't good for you. I was going to try Alli a few years ago. Researched it, and decided it wasn't for me.

Personally, I feel pills are a short-term solution when you've had such a long-term problem.

My biggest inspiration for weight loss the healthy way (diet and exercise only) comes from watching The Biggest Loser. Sure, they cut their calories dangerously low...and all they do while they are there is exercise...BUT the underlying message is that healthy weight loss can be achieved through diet and exercise alone...not diet pills and/or surgery!

Keep your chin up! If you need a friend for motivation, feel free to add me! I'm in this for the long haul. I've been overweight my entire life and with a 4 year old who runs circles around me, it's time to do something. :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get some Phen-fen???