SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met on JDate ( Dating for Jewish Singles ). I was his first date :)

We now have 2 kids together and have been together almost 7 years !
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I didn't really use an online "dating" site but I used craigslist (I know - scary thought) but I happened to meet the woman I have recently married.
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on match.com. I'm not going to lie, i had some "interesting" dates before I found him, but it is very possible to find love! :)
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on match.com and we will celebrate our second anniversary in April!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I met my fiance on match.com. I'm not going to lie, i had some "interesting" dates before I found him, but it is very possible to find love! :)

My exact story!!!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've used them off and on for years myself, and have found the experience to be a great one. I've done some dating, had a few relationships, and made some good friends along the way. And even the dates that went badly at least left me with some funny stories to tell my friends. :)

I was just talking to a friend about this the other day, and I'll post here the same advice I gave her:

Be sure to give a friend your date's name, email address, phone number, the name of the site you met on and their screen name on that site. Any info you have on them. There are a lotta whack-jobs out there in the world (not just the online world, either...you can meet a nut-case in the supermarket, the gym or anywhere for that matter), and should something bad happen, someone should have that information to pass along to the authorities.

Thanks for the reminder, btw. I haven't looked yet today to see if anyone's emailed me, winked at me, or otherwise wants to meet me. :)

Great Advice!!! Thnks! Is it against the rules on here for anyone to ENDORSE the best ones? :love:
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

My exact story!!!

YUP :)
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    I met my fiance on plentyoffish.com. Met a lot of great guys and now i'm getting married and we are moving in together best decision ever!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I've had good success being big and tall. It cuts out the crap of wondering if a person is interested in women built like me. I like being able to search for tall men (lol) who have similar interests and such. It also lets those tall guys looking for us tall gals know I'm out there! This area is pretty "average" so it's hard to just walk around and meet people to date for me, since I'm a gigantosaurus.
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I met my fiance on OKcupid in September 2010 and we're getting married on September 1, 2012 :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well.. my boyfriend and I didn't meet on an online dating site, but we did meet on another social networking site (myyearbook.com).

We've been together for 2.5 years. :)

I will be honest - there are a lot of creeps and freaks out there, but let's face it ... they aren't just online! They are all over and you can meet them anywhere.

I never thought I would meet someone online, date them and now be living with them/planning our future together. But, it is definitely possible. :)
  • sweetptgrl
    sweetptgrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of 2.3 years on match.com. Things are going great and we now live together after doing the long distance things for almost 2 years. I dated two other people off of match but they only really lasted for 2 dates. I guess third times a charm for me. Both my boss and one of my co-workers met their respective wife on an online dating site so it has been a positive experience for most of the people I know.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think dating sites are a great way to meet people you would otherwise never had had the chance to meet.

I met my fiance at POF.com, lol. I would just say use common sense and be careful of creepers.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby on Yahoo personals about 6 years ago, we have been happily married for 4 years now.
    Its a good idea, you will meet a lot of different people and make some good friends too.
    Be careful and only meet people in public places at first. Before you meet in private be sure to run a background check.
    Good luck and have fun :flowerforyou:
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I've never been to a dating site, but I did meet a guy off of a video game before. Just be safe when you're venturing online- you never know who you're meeting. You're obviously a very attractive woman, so you're gonna attract SOME weirdos, but you just have to weed them out. :)
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've meet some great girls and some not so great but overall it's a great way to meet people. I'm in a small town and it is tough to meet new people that you're interested in :(
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I have had no positive luck with online dating sites.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Not a specific dating site, exactly - but I did meet my wife online, (IRC)

Proposed after dating for 3 months

We will have been married for 10 years in October :drinker:

Can you find the occasional scumbag online? Sure, but is that really any different then finding them at a bar?

In other words - GO FOR IT!!!
  • junebug1010
    junebug1010 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump...to read when I have the chance - I'm thinking of testing the waters....
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Met my wife on plentyoffish.com or pof.com We were engaged in 10 months after meeting and are perfect for each other. POF is totally free.