Is There Anything You Eat That Don't Record - What and Why?

Options

Replies

• GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, although I 'm sure that at the end of the day I might forget something. If I'm not sure how to log something, I'll generally err on the side of caution and log it much higher than it probably is.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Samples at publix. Because they are samples. And sample calories aren't real calories, lol!

Other than that, I don't count garlic much because we use it so much
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Spices, except the ones with sodium in them. I just started logging the little bit of crystal light I put in my water to drink more.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't log the food I steal off my kids' plates... bite of pb&j, french fry, etc.

This...unless I have more than a bite. I also don't usually log all my water, or tea.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    HA! I don't log the calories from the Costco samples either. Brie last night. YUMMY.

I don't log coffee. Black. I don't log Light Italian dressing. 5 cal. I don't log spices unless it's in a recipe. I don't log my water. I drink enough. I don't log my diet soda. But I do log my club soda with my vodka. Funny that.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I don't log fruit or veggies as a way to promote eating them more, every thing else I keep to 1500
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Here are the items I don't usually log:

* Diet soda and other 0 calorie beverages
    * hot Tea or diet iced tea
    * splenda/stevia packets added to things
    * Spices/herbs
    * hot sauce
    * sugar-free gum
    * All mustards (except for honey mustard)
    * Vitamins/medicines (I take an iron pill due to low iron based Anemia everyday, multi vitamin, allegra (I have terrible allergies), and birth control (PCOS). I wouldn't log cough drops or any medicine if I was sick either.

Everything else I log. Even my 16oz of black coffee in the morning.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything under 40 calories total (Cuties clementine, 1 Hershey's kiss, etc). I figure with the amount of water I am drinking which results in numerous trips to the bathroom, I am walking those calories off throughout the day. I work in a big office, so its a quick walk and stretch each trip. Also my morning coffee cause its a vital need at 5AM.
  • kmp411
    kmp411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I dont log -

spices
    leafty greans (spinach, romaine, etc)
    mustard (yellow)
    hot sauce
    black coffee (I will log the creamer)
    crystal light - I drink mostly water, so if I do have its maybe 8oz
    splenda - I use 3/4 packs per day

everything else gets logged
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    mint tea & spices - no sugar, no calories, no protein value. Im tyring hard not to cheat myself.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Gum, mints, spices...thats it.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Water mix-ins, mints, sometimes coffee (I drink it with a splash of skim milk and splenda). If I just have a bite of something (I like to steal a bite of my BFs food from time to time). The non-alcoholic portions of mixed drinks, if they have little/no calories (like diet coke or water with calorie-free flavoring).
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I record everything I eat, with the exception of sports gels. I have 1 every 3-4 miles on most runs over 6 miles. The reason I don't record them is that I know that I need the carbs they give me on a long run and I know I will try to go without, if i have to go put them in. I'm always way under on cals on my long run day ANYWAY....

what is that?
  • jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am pretty particular about logging what i put in my mouth at the moment and I am paying particular attention to portion sizes.
    I don't log all the water I drink, I just make sure I log up to ten glasses but after that I stop logging. I don't log herbs and spices. I don't log the occasional oil spray I use but I do add cooking oil if used by tablespoon. I don't log the occasional piece of vege that I eat whilst cutting up my salads etc. I don't log sugar free gum, medicines, multivitamins. I have some diet cordial each day and I don't bother logging that. I do log coke zero because I was an addict and have to monitor my intake to ensure I am not drinking to excess. Everything else I log.
  • I don't record multi-vitamins and supplements (such as Biotin and Fish Oil) just because they don't carry that many cals and are good things my body needs.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Particles in the air, pollution in the air, bugs that fly in my mouth, spiders I eat when asleep.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't log my sugarless gum. I don't even have a piece every day so why bother. I also don't log for example if my daughter offers me some of her skittles and I eat 1 or 2. But that's the extent of my non-logging.
  • anandaamrita
    anandaamrita Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I log everything - except when I have peppermint tea (don't think this has any calories and I don't log this as water either)
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I log everything, even my asprin, trazadone, and hydrocodone. Guess i am a little anal that way :blushing:
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I record everything I eat, with the exception of sports gels. I have 1 every 3-4 miles on most runs over 6 miles. The reason I don't record them is that I know that I need the carbs they give me on a long run and I know I will try to go without, if i have to go put them in. I'm always way under on cals on my long run day ANYWAY....

If you're counting the run though it might be good to still count them since they are about 80+ each, but to each their own.