Options

Replies

• purplerain011
    Options
    bump for later reading
  • Crzybb
    Crzybb Posts: 2
    Options
    Could you tell me how to make steel cut oats??? What does that mean exactly??? Thanks or email me please with fitness pal in subject line to: crazy4cm@gmail.com Thanks so much or my ID for MRP is crzybb. Thanks Again!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm going to try these lil muffin eggies! They sound yum and quick!
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    I'm not a huge "early" morning breakfast person either. My breakfast is generally pretty low calorie (but I eat a larger lunch - or snack a little later. What works for me is simply a piece of good quality toast (like Alvarado Street Bread) and a Tablespoon of Peanut Butter. It's like 190 calories, tastes fine, and cooks as fast as my toaster toasts! lol

I also will sometimes buy those Trader Joe's Blueberry Bran Muffins. They're 220 calories for one giant muffin. They taste good, have a lot of fiber, and work well with a cup o' coffee on the run. I wish they had a little less Sodium - but whatever! :o)
  • cmk33
    cmk33 Posts: 2
    Options
    BUMP to read later
  • rwalterrn
    Options
    bump for later
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a thing of the light and fit yogurt, and some kind of fruit as I'm running out the door and eat at work. I'm also a coffee drinker so that usually comes with me also.
  • campuschef
    campuschef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make these for work, but if you take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water and bake, you come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Our guys love it, (and I serve it to about 4000 people every morning).

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

Good Luck on your goals.

These sound great! I may be missing something....but how much water is added?

Sorry all for not specifying the water used.

Simply use whatever the cake mix calls for. For an option, you can substitute part of this water for the pineapple juice that is in the pineapple, or for a lower sugar level (kind of redundant using pre-boxed cake mix), you can use the water by itself.
  • cnotefwb
    cnotefwb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jersanter
    jersanter Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should never be grab and go. Commit and make the time for it. Wake up an hour earlier.
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I do an egg bake once a week. I use a dozen eggs, one tablespoon of milk per egg you use. I add salsa. Sometimes a little meat and cheese. I also add about a half a cup of quinoa or brown rice for my whole grain. Once it's done I cut it into little squares, and then freeze them in individual baggies. Then you pop them in the microwave for about 45 seconds and go!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

It Sounds like the Nestle Magic bars from years ago only with PB...................mmmmmmm
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Often, I'll make a frittata for the week. Made on Sunday night, all you have to do it heat a piece up for 30-45 seconds in the morning and VOILA! Breakfast.

Also, Jimmy Dean D-lights. Made with whole wheat breads, egg whites, and turkey meats. I think there's one with ham too, but I loathe ham so I wouldn't know how it tastes.

Protein shakes work too. But the last thing I want to hear right after waking is a d@mn blender, and I hate those powders just mixed with water or milk.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Campus chef, I love the breakfast bar idea. Thanks!
  • mle_k
    mle_k Posts: 88
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for the great ideas!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    On the run, I usually will do a Muscle Milk Light shake, but all of these combos and recipes sound awesome!