At a loss for words...my journey is put on hold.

Options

Replies

• RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is a big step. Take your time, and continue working out. You may find that excercise clears your mind to make the right decision for everyone that is involved. Whatever you choose, your journey is far from, over, in fact its only just begun. Do realize that whatever you decide, not only includes you, but your husband, family and children.

Good luck!! Be strong!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I think your unborn baby will thank you for keeping up a healthy lifestyle while she or he is calling your body home! Your health will benefit him or her as well, so I don`t think you should be putting anything on hold. It is normal to gain in pregnancy if you are a healthy weight. If you are overweight, are eating healthy and enough portion-wise to sustain both you and the baby, I think you can still probably lose.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Well everyone. I have been working hard and lost 20 lbs, which is great, I am happy. My husband and I found out we had a little accident and we are pregnant. I was just really working hard on trying to lose the weight from our last one. Of course I would always love any baby that comes into our family, but I'm not ready right now, we have 3 healthy children and I feel so lost and confused. I could use some inspiration if anyone has some.

I would love to be 'oops" pregnant, or any kind of pregnant one day. You are so lucky to be able to bear children!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Well everyone. I have been working hard and lost 20 lbs, which is great, I am happy. My husband and I found out we had a little accident and we are pregnant. I was just really working hard on trying to lose the weight from our last one. Of course I would always love any baby that comes into our family, but I'm not ready right now, we have 3 healthy children and I feel so lost and confused. I could use some inspiration if anyone has some.

I would love to be 'oops" pregnant, or any kind of pregnant one day. You are so lucky to be able to bear children!

:drinker:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You should talk to my wife
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/LeSsOvMe
  • amkelley
    Options
    I feel your pain!! In 2010 I lost about 70 lbs after having my 2nd son that January...I wanted to lose about 15 more pounds and ended up pregnant again that december. Shock of my life!!!! I gained around 40 lbs...which was more than I wanted- but just 6 months later and I'm only 5 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant. If not for the holidays I wouldve had those 5 lbs knocked out already. You will LOVE this surprise miracle and wonder how you could live without them!!! The weight will come off AGAIN...maybe even easier!!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I am appalled at the number of people telling the OP to basically get over it. There is a human being living inside of her that she didn't plan for. She's entitled to be a little shocked.

Once you move past the shock, though... talk to your OB. Mine said you can continue any exercise you were already doing, just don't add anything new or more intense.
  • prwthomas
    prwthomas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, Honey. That's a game changer. You will need time to absorb this one, and be gentle to yourself. Hang in there! :smile:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

:drinker:

:drinker: Amen to that! Congratulations, OP!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Because of my situation (never married to date), current age and other factors, giving birth to my own child is no longer an option in my life.

I would be thrilled to death to be in your shoes right now. Count your blessings...that new baby is worth far more than the few pounds you might gain from carrying him or her.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm the "mistake" child in my family. My mom cried to her mom when she found out that ... again ... she was pregnant with her fourth child. One of my sister's and I are the same age for a week.

My grandmother told her, "Mark my words, you'll love that baby just as much as your others."

And, while I'd like to say I never caused her any grief throughout my teens and early 20's - I did. I'm sure I kept her up at night worrying about my safety. I'm sure I challenged her with my clothing, music, and other choices.

But she loves me.

This past summer we went to Alaska together. I wouldn't trade the memories for any amount of money.

You, too, will have memories with you new little one that you wouldn't sell for all the money in the world.

Mark my words.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't spend the rest of your life telling him/her that he/she is the best accident you ever had. Or (another one of my mom's favorites) hinting that she would have had an abortion if she had the choice.

Those words creep me out and make me feel very unsure about my mother's relationship with me.

Of course, she might be bragging about what a trooper she was to get through difficult circumstances. Whatever the case, be kind.
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats and don't worry about the weight loss because you know where to come when you are ready to restart your journey. Good luck with the baby :)
  • RJG1070
    RJG1070 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try to look at it with a different perspective. I don't have any children and it doesn't look like I will be able to. It breaks my heart. Try to fine the joy in this! It must've been meant to be! :smile:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    OP, I Have 5 children. I found out I was pregnant with my last one shortly after having two children 13 months apart. I was TERRIFIED-of labor and delivery, of raising all those kids, including 3 little ones, etc. I had also just lost most of the baby weight from #4 when I found out that I was pregnant with 5. I will admit that I cried when I found out I was pregnant. I was soooo scared. My littlest is 7 years old now and the whole family adores her. I really can't imagine life without her. She is such a blessing. It is hard, I know-and it's scary...but you can do this. :flowerforyou: Take the time to work through your feelings...after having a few kids already, i'm sure you know that once you see the ultrasound and feel the baby moving around in there, it will really help ease your mind. It's such a beautiful thing.

You can continue to eat healthfully and exercise, too, as long as your doc says you can and you have no complications that will prevent it. Because of your commitment to your health, this may just be your best pregnancy yet!

Congratulations to you and your husband.

ETA: Oh, and please please PLEASE stop referring to the baby as an accident. I only planned one of my children but I would never in a million years use the term "accident" to describe any of them. :heart: There are no accidents in God's plan.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ITS TOO LATE NOW HONEY, so get UNlost, and UNconfused LOL

Congrats on your little accident :)

Wow. :grumble:
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OOPS!
    How'd that happen?
    Yes, I think I know or sure as heck should.
    We had our 2 kids, then OOPS!
    Another - number 3, and 9 months after he was born - OOPS!

Here comes another, but NO - TWINS!

Guess what? You'll get through it, and the joy you'll have will make you wonder how you made it so long without them.
    Believe it!

And one final thought.
    My wife lost all the weight from each delivery, and she is in peak condition today.
    After 5 kids!
    Worry NOT!

At the right time, you shall get yourself in shape and reach your own goals.

Funny you should say that. My husband was just commenting on ill probably have twins lol
  • ajburroughs
    ajburroughs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your feelings. My husband had a vasectomy after our 3rd and a year and a half later, I got pregnant. Apparently, it can heal! Talk about shock! We are also planners and struggle to understand when things don't fit our plans. It was hard to grasp at first how on earth I could handle 4 children when I could barely handle the 3 I already had. BUT, all is well, and she is the sweetest little girl. A sweet and funny personality and she thinks she's the boss of her sisters. Yes, that means we have 4 girls so we've also had a ridiculous amount of comments from complete strangers like "oh, I'm sorry she's a girl." Yep, people actually say that. Anyway, I know it takes a little to get over the thought of it but it will be awesome :) And you won't even know how you could have gone through life without him/her.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am appalled at the number of people telling the OP to basically get over it. There is a human being living inside of her that she didn't plan for. She's entitled to be a little shocked.

Once you move past the shock, though... talk to your OB. Mine said you can continue any exercise you were already doing, just don't add anything new or more intense.

^^ Agreed! ^^
  • veganMomto7
    veganMomto7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As a Catholic Mom to seven wonderful children I would like to say....Nothing in this life is accidental. This baby is in your life because that is where that baby needed to be. The laws of attraction (or God), whatever you believe or whatever your philosophy, will always bring into your life what you need and this baby is no exception. Except it with your whole heart and never forget that your journey is never on hold. It is just another piece of the puzzle of your life. Enjoy putting the pieces together!

I would like to add that this is a wonderful time in your life to put all the good eating and exercising habits into full gear. It is possible to be very fit and healthy all through your 40 weeks of fun. I know because I did it seven times. I am 4'11" and 105 and it took about six months to lose the baby weight from my last. That is because I stay on a healthy eating plan pregnant or not. Add me if you would like so more inspiration!