Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I did it!! Felt great - on to week 6.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 2 is taken care of as of yesterday. Just need to get day 3 in tomorrow after my race and I should be golden. Luckily it's supposed to be nice out!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I finished day 1 of week 6 on Wednesday - it will be a day or so before I can run again - I had a shot in my heel yesterday and cannot hardly put weight on it - but it feels better than last night - so hopefully by end of the weekend I'll have 2 day week 6 under my belt.
  • msarro
    Options
    I finished day 1 of week 6 on Wednesday - it will be a day or so before I can run again - I had a shot in my heel yesterday and cannot hardly put weight on it - but it feels better than last night - so hopefully by end of the weekend I'll have 2 day week 6 under my belt.

Owwww, that sounds painful. Hope your foot feels better!
    Week 7 day 3 is in the bag. 2 more weeks until the REAL 5k training starts! My coach is excited, lol.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I rested my foot from Thursday thru yesterday - it feels much better than right after the shot....so I am going to go for week 6 day two today!
  • msarro
    Options
    Just finished up week 8 day 2. Feel awesome :) Love running in rain!
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well....I was going to join this group, however, you guys are WAAAYYY ahead of me!!
    I just started jogging/walking on the treadmill and I am finally able to jog for 3 minutes (not miles) without stopping. Which is huge for me...I honeslty couldn't go for 20 seconds at a time without feeling like I was going to collapse.

Hopefully I can catch up to you guys!!:tongue:
  • msarro
    Options
    Ran a full 5k last night, nonstop. My god, what a huge change. I started out running 3 times a week, dreading my runs. I couldn't even run 1 minute at a time without feeling like death warmed over.

Now I'm running 30-35 minutes nonstop.

Week 9 day 1 is in the books!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well....I was going to join this group, however, you guys are WAAAYYY ahead of me!!
    I just started jogging/walking on the treadmill and I am finally able to jog for 3 minutes (not miles) without stopping. Which is huge for me...I honeslty couldn't go for 20 seconds at a time without feeling like I was going to collapse.

Hopefully I can catch up to you guys!!:tongue:

Way to go Nikki - keep working hard
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well I am at week 7 day 3 for tonoght....my hubby realized I've passed him jogging (how far I can go) so he's back at it - he went by himself last night while I was at a strength class....makes me want to work even harder.

I've been doing the distance rather than time since week 5 - I am jogging 35 minutes right now for the 2.5 miles. I really hope that I'll be able to cut that time back the more I jog.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Ran a full 5k last night, nonstop. My god, what a huge change. I started out running 3 times a week, dreading my runs. I couldn't even run 1 minute at a time without feeling like death warmed over.

Now I'm running 30-35 minutes nonstop.

Week 9 day 1 is in the books!!!

Great job! Since I finished the c25k I'm now doing the "One Hour Runner" program. I'm running 30 minutes for the next 3 weeks and then slowing adding time...
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Well I am at week 7 day 3 for tonoght....my hubby realized I've passed him jogging (how far I can go) so he's back at it - he went by himself last night while I was at a strength class....makes me want to work even harder.

I've been doing the distance rather than time since week 5 - I am jogging 35 minutes fight now for the 2.5 miles. I really hope that I'll be able to cut that time back the more I jog.

What do you have that keeps track of distance? I'm still trying to figure out what gaget to get...I really like the concept of the nike+ sportsband, but they took the first one off the market and they aren't releasing a newer version until sometime this summer...The garmin 305 is on sale at Costco for $149.99, so I also have my eye on that, but honestly it does more than I need...
  • chrissyh
    Options

I've been doing the distance rather than time since week 5 - I am jogging 35 minutes fight now for the 2.5 miles. I really hope that I'll be able to cut that time back the more I jog.

What do you have that keeps track of distance? I'm still trying to figure out what gaget to get...I really like the concept of the nike+ sportsband, but they took the first one off the market and they aren't releasing a newer version until sometime this summer...The garmin 305 is on sale at Costco for $149.99, so I also have my eye on that, but honestly it does more than I need...

I use the track at the college for the distance....it's boring but I know how far I've gone - I start in lane 8 and work back - today was 8.7.6.5.4.3.2.2.1.1 or 2.5 miles jogging with another lap on each end as warm up and cool down then a stretch....boy that 2.5 miles kicks my butt - BUT week 7 under my belt now. the whole 3 miles takes me like 49 minutes (10 of which are walking) I was hoping to find something like the garmin too - my hubby wants a heart rate monitor so I think I may invest in the Garmin that does that too and it'll kill two birds...
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5K today and I had a blast. I had to walk it because of knee issues but I still finished it in 48 min. Such a feeling of accomplishment, can't for the one in July now. Hopefully I will be able to run it.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5K today and I had a blast. I had to walk it because of knee issues but I still finished it in 48 min. Such a feeling of accomplishment, can't for the one in July now. Hopefully I will be able to run it.

Yay Bobbi...I'm so proud of you! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options

WAY TO GO!!!!

I finished day 1 of C25k on Saturday - went in the morning and it was so much easier than running in the afternoon and evening like I've been doing. Walked yesterday, Today is a strength day.