Dr Oz says people who cheat lose more weight

Options
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/dr-ozs-fat-urday-day-cheat-your-diet

Obviously I agree, I lost over 100lbs this way and by "spiking" every week I've not only maintained my weight loss for 8 years but I'm in consistently better and better shape.

I'm excited to watch this episode.

Replies

• weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Work so far for me on a bi weekly basis
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    love this theory!.. I'll keep sticking to my brandy and cokes and brownies then! :laugh:
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Based on personal experience, I agree. "Spike" day for me is tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to those cheese covered nachos and Boston mud cake I have planned :bigsmile:
  • 2hip2009
    2hip2009 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i do have a cheat day, which falls on the weekend its one meal though not the whole day. So through out the week I try to stay focus so I can enjoy that one meal that I've been working towards...
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    is this spike day once a week/.? and can literally eat anything and lots of it? or is there a limit to how much?

I never saw the episode
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is true... a little shock to the body does the body good.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    it has worked for me. so i nowadays use pms days as spike days :P
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    By using a calorie tracker previously I was able to see that I could blow with a single meal once every 2 weeks and still be good. Any more than this I saw a negative result.
  • BaldFatGuy
    Options
    Ok..maybe I need to watch that show because all I got from these posts is that everyone cheats with a guy named Spike. I'm sure he's getting all the exercise he needs. :wink:
  • mumto2As
    mumto2As Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I shall be having my spike day on Sunday without the guilt!
  • jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok..maybe I need to watch that show because all I got from these posts is that everyone cheats with a guy named Spike. I'm sure he's getting all the exercise he needs. :wink:

Hahahaha
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    there is a whole sub community of people on MFP of people who do Spike once of week. Myself being one of them. Without getting highly technical or over explaining the process. It works. Plain and simple. I've lost 40ish of the 50 pounds I've lost by spiking every weekend and just enjoying food. My Favorites are Pizza, Pasta and Arby's Roast Beef!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says enough things that he has to be right now and then.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I get so tired of hearing about Dr. Oz. He's got like a cult following. It's scary.
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd imagiine....burn a lot of calories screwing other people....not to mention all the lies to cover, worry that you'll be found out, the anxiety of your original partner leaving you
  • kcalabama
    Options
    Couldn't see it - but my bing is normally saturday night :-)
    Maybe i should eat that good breakfast of pancakes once in a while since i just started.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I cheat with Spike too, that one day helps me from binging and I stay focused the other 6 days. I don't go all crazy though and eat everything in sight, just something that I have been craving.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Does pasta count if I eat until my stomach feels as though it's going to burst......or is the spike day in moderation too?
  • skarr28
    Options
    I agree as it's working for me. Except, due to my high-pace job, spike day is every other day (I still lost 7 lbs in one week).
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    \