Dear...

Options

Replies

• PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Dear Dogs,

Please don't use me as a pillow when I'm trying to do my crunches. Just because I'm on the floor doesn't mean I'm at your disposal.

Thanks!!

LMFAO! The dogs do this to me all THE TIME!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    dear woman at the gym doing hip raises with a 50lb barbell,

Thank you.

Cheers,

The guy using three different mirrors to stare.
  • PKsDancingGirl
    Options
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Dear Best Friend [you know who you are],
    You are amazing in every single way. You make me laugh when I'm sad, and happier when I'm just plain ole happy! Not to mention you are gorgeous inside and out - so start believing it!

Love you :flowerforyou:
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    dear woman at the gym doing hip raises with a 50lb barbell,

Thank you.

Cheers,

The guy using three different mirrors to stare.

That.is.awesome. *claps*
  • PKsDancingGirl
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

You are trying to "lose" weight, not "loose" weight.

Best regards,
    Jim

Dear ReverendJim

It's MFP, actually. :wink:

Best regards,
    Girl with a speck in her eye
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Dear self,

What in the hell have you been thinking all these years. Excuses after excuses made this thing harder than it has to be. Yes, your entire family is overweight. Yes, you had children to focus on. Yes, education was important and took up a lot of time. Yes, the Depo shot ****ed up your whole system and made you pack on an EXTRA 80lbs. And Yes, PCOS has provided you with another excuse as to why it was going to be so hard to lose weight. You've easily lost 70lbs in 6.5 months, however, without starving, stressing, and complaining; imagine if you would have done this years ago. Your dumb *kitten* might already be at goal. Oh well, no worries, you'll get there.

Oh yeah, and cool it with the pizza and chinese food. Sodium-induced bloating will NOT help you fit in the dress!

Sincerely,
    Bobbie
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Dear English speaking MFP friends,

Please enlighten me on this, my native tongue is French and I find that after all these years, I am still learning the language of Shakespeare.

I find myself puzzled when I read that people are "shredding fat"....or when I read "fat shred".

I thought shredding something was tearing it in long strips and that "shedding" meant losing. Should it not be "shedding fat" and "fat shed"?

Signed: Always learning.

The English language is hard. It is constantly evolving. The expression 'shredding fat' is a colloquialism created by fitness marketers like Jillian Michaels.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Dear Co-workers;

Please stop telling me I don't need to lose weight. Please stop trying to feed me bagels, brownies, donuts and candy. Please understand that I do need to lose weight and I do need to work out to get my blood sugar under better control and relieve some of the pressure on my arthritic joints. Would it kill you to be more supportive and applaud my efforts and successes?!?!

Sincerely,
    Me

Dear Mind & Body,

Please stay on board with this lifestyle change. Please stop looking for excuses and reasons to cheat. And for God's sake, PLEASE let me see a LOSS this month when I step on the scale for my monthly weigh-in. I cannot handle a second month with no loss!

Sincerely,
    Me
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Dear English speaking MFP friends,

Please enlighten me on this, my native tongue is French and I find that after all these years, I am still learning the language of Shakespeare.

I find myself puzzled when I read that people are "shredding fat"....or when I read "fat shred".

I thought shredding something was tearing it in long strips and that "shedding" meant losing. Should it not be "shedding fat" and "fat shed"?

Signed: Always learning.

The English language is hard. It is constantly evolving. The expression 'shredding fat' is a colloquialism created by fitness marketers like Jillian Michaels.
    Thank you, sometimes I makes no sense to me but I'm learning.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

You are trying to "lose" weight, not "loose" weight.

Best regards,
    Jim

Dear ReverendJim

It's MFP, actually. :wink:

Best regards,
    Girl with a speck in her eye

That just made my day ! ROTFLMFAO !!!!! Thank you ... Girl with a speck in her eye ! :drinker:

PS ... It does drive me crazy when people say they want to " LOOSE " weight ! How about you get " loose " and " LOSE " that weight ! Just sayin'

And yes, I read this twice to check for grammar errors ! LMAO ! :laugh:
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    Dear sister in law, hubbys mother , and stepfather.
    I find it funny that when I was on medical leave from work for health issues, you made fun of me, called me lazy and fat, and took short term disability to mean that I didn't have a job. Now sister in law in on short term disability, and hubby's mother and step father are both on disability ( and were when I was going through my health issues)
    I also find it funny that while you accused me of living off of your son, I was the one bringing in most of the money, and your son brought in half of that. (even while I was on short term disability I brought in 2x as much)
    Though hubby and I wont confront you with all of this, because the past is the past and family is family, it still gets him down more than it brings me down.
    Finally, the phone works both ways. If you are going to complain that your son NEVER calls you and blame me for it ( even though I tell him a couple times a week to call you) maybe you should pick up the phone. It's a crazy invention where you can pick up either end and dial!!!
    Sincerely,
    You brother/sons wife

It actually feels good to get that out
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Dear Self

Please give me a break, I am eating healthy, exercising daily and losing inches, does it really matter what the Scales say!

Love Karen

Dear ***** in me

Stop worrying about how everyone else is getting on and realise your in it for yourself, who cares if your boss has lost 2 stone in 5 weeks you know that he is not doing it healthily but it doesn't matter because that is his journey and this is yours!

Love Karen
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Dear Husband
    Just because you played football in high school (26 years ago) doesn't make you an expert at fitness and exercise. When I tell you that I've read information written by experts in the field, don't tell me they're wrong. When did you graduate with a degree in exercise physiology? Oh, and when was the last time you ran?
    I love you anyway!
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    Dear sister in law, hubbys mother , and stepfather.
    I find it funny that when I was on medical leave from work for health issues, you made fun of me, called me lazy and fat, and took short term disability to mean that I didn't have a job. Now sister in law in on short term disability, and hubby's mother and step father are both on disability ( and were when I was going through my health issues)
    I also find it funny that while you accused me of living off of your son, I was the one bringing in most of the money, and your son brought in half of that. (even while I was on short term disability I brought in 2x as much)
    Though hubby and I wont confront you with all of this, because the past is the past and family is family, it still gets him down more than it brings me down.
    Finally, the phone works both ways. If you are going to complain that your son NEVER calls you and blame me for it ( even though I tell him a couple times a week to call you) maybe you should pick up the phone. It's a crazy invention where you can pick up either end and dial!!!
    Sincerely,
    You brother/sons wife

It actually feels good to get that out

Now one for hubby,

Dear hubby,
    Thank you so much for all you have done for me. I am glad that you love me so much, and stick up for me to your family. I am also so greatful to have such a wonderful man come into my life, and act as a father to my daughter. I love every second we have together, and dread the times we are apart. You have opened my eyes to so many things. I can't imagine life with out you.

Love always,
    Wifey
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Dear Soon to be Ex,

I gave you 20 years of all I had to give at the expense of my own happiness. I cried myself to sleep so many nights wishing to be loved the way a woman should. I just wanted to be happy. Why couldn't you have showed me what a marriage should be? I married you at 18 and now I'm 41 and it all seems like such a waste. I tried so hard..I cooked every night. In 20 years you have never made one meal, not one. I cleaned, did your laundry, raised our son. You worked and so, " That's all you should have to do" .
    I would have loved just a little acknowledgement for being a good wife. Or to have you spend some time with me. You made me feel unimportant and insecure. I don't like feeling that way. I am relieved this is soon over. I need to live my life for me now.

Dear Love of my Life,

You came, and showed me what love, REAL love is. I feel happy for the first time in ages. I never knew how it could be. To be shown kindness, appreciation and respect is such a gift. You tell me every day in so many ways how much I mean to you. You actually enjoy my company. You know what I like and need and want without me even having to say it. You are my best friend and I now know what being "in love" feels like. You lifted all my worries about not ever having that kind of relationship and blew them away like dust in the wind. You make me smile every day. I am so thankful for you. I feel cherished and wanted. You will never know how much I needed that. I feel content and at peace.
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Dear Dogs,

Please don't use me as a pillow when I'm trying to do my crunches. Just because I'm on the floor doesn't mean I'm at your disposal.

Thanks!!

This! I am forever pushing and kicking (gently) the dogs away from me when I work out! I know you love me puppies, but give a girl some space!
  • breezystreet
    Options
    Dear Bronchial Infection,
    You came into my life when I least expected it! I did not invite you and I surely did not invite your nasty friend fever! You have stolen all of my energy and kept me from working out for 3 days! I am giving you one last chance to leave on your own! The Z-Pac Army has been called into action and will kill you soon! Take my advice and get out while you still can!!

Thank you!
    Wendi

15838475.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Dear Rugar, (my yellow lab)

I know you think it is funny to drop your toy on the front of the treadmill when I am trying to walk and watch it shot off the back but it is rather annoying to have to jump over it each time!! I feel like I am in a video game. Please can you wait till I finish walking and then I will throw the toy for you.

Thanks!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Dear Boys (my husband and two sons age 3 and 5),

Thank you for all the nice things you have been doing for mommy lately. The mini roses and the love letters are really making me feel special and loved.