Like We Don't Know This Already!

Options
HauteP1nk
HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/3-surprising-reasons-to-give-up-soda.html

I rarely drink pop...if ever. Once in awhile I'll have a coke with lots of ice...but that is once in a blue moon.

How often do you drink the flame retardant liquid? LOL :)

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Every day tbh :) No reason not to, unless you like believing all the scaremonger stuff out there.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Every day tbh :) No reason not to, unless you like believing all the scaremonger stuff out there.

It is not scare mongering stuff. These chemicals, preservatives and crap are obviously not good for the body. Too bad people don't care enough about themselves or their loved ones to stay away from this crap.
  • HMonsterX
    Options

It is not scare mongering stuff. These chemicals, preservatives and crap are obviously not good for the body. Too bad people don't care enough about themselves or their loved ones to stay away from this crap.

Not everything we eat HAS to be GOOD for us. Pretty much anything in moderation our bodies can cope with. The issues start when we overdo the non-good stuff. If i only ate things there were GOOD for me, id probably have died of starvation by now, or certainly fallen off this wagon and regained the weight. And i think that would be rather unhealthy, no?
    Researchers asked participants to drink either regular soda, milk containing the same amount of calories as regular soda, diet cola, or water every day for six months.

And they didn't say anything else about what to stick to in the diet? Talk about flawed...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Unless you hunt, kill, grow or pick everything you eat, you are most likely ingesting chemicals/preservatives every day/every meal.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Water is a flame retardant too, isn't it?

I tire of these soda-vilifying threads.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cans a day typically.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ewwww!!!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Water is a flame retardant too, isn't it?

I tire of these soda-vilifying threads.

If people look hard enough, they will find something bad with everything people eat or drink
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

in all fairness my sister lost her front teeth due to coke, you seen what it does to a coin and we use it to clean the loo, better than any bleach :tongue:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options

Whoa. Lack of knowledge/awareness or even difference of opinion DOES NOT mean people care less about themselves or their loved ones than non-soda drinkers. Come on, now.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article, but uhhh... isn't liquid, as a rule, flame retardant??

This makes me thirsty for a Coke.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

in all fairness my sister lost her front teeth due to coke, you seen what it does to a coin and we use it to clean the loo, better than any bleach :tongue:

Are you sure she didn't lose her teeth due to poor dental care?
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't. I switched over to Spark by Advocare. I have one a day and it tastes like kool aid with vitamins in it. So yummy and I honestly consider it to be a treat.
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    I didn't read the article, but uhhh... isn't liquid, as a rule, flame retardant??

This makes me thirsty for a Coke.

Like!
  • HMonsterX
    Options

In all fairness, how much was she drinking? A moderate amount? As for the coin, its a bit of a silly argument. Do you hold coke in your mouth for hours, with no saliva and no dental hygiene routine?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth to avoid such issues.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Unless you hunt, kill, grow or pick everything you eat, you are most likely ingesting chemicals/preservatives every day/every meal.

Not necessarily. If you read your ingredient labels and stay away from anything not naturally occuring, shop only organic (which can be pretty pricey, but a good idea if you can swing it) you're significantly decreasing your chemical/preservative intake.

That being said, it's all about moderation. A soda a day: not good for you. It's like eating a candy bar every day. But one every once in a while? Go for it. I don't drink soda personally, but I do indulge in other things that I know are terrible for me on occasion. It's a recipe for failure when you deprive yourself completely of the things you love, regardless of how unhealthy they may be.
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    I don't. I switched over to Spark by Advocare. I have one a day and it tastes like kool aid with vitamins in it. So yummy and I honestly consider it to be a treat.

Hm, I will have to look into that!
  • eggheadrn
    eggheadrn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of moderation, but diet soda is on my 'never' list now. I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke to get through full time work and full time grad school. But, I was in the hospital for ten days of brain monitoring as the docs thought I had a seizure disorder and were ready to put me on meds. I gave up all artificial sweeteners and I've been symptom free for over a year and have a big "A+" for health from the neurology department. No meds, no diagnosis, no symptoms..:heart: .

Not a day goes by that I don't crave (seriously addictive kind of crave) a Diet Coke. It has gotten better, but, the jonesing is still bad.

I have a regular Coke now and then, but it is the little cans, and only with something i really love (like Mom's spaghetti or a burger w/my honey).

Be well....
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Every day. It is my daily caffeine fix. Yes it is bad for me. I do drink diet. LOL