Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I thought Led Zepplin was a person........when I was organizing music one day my boyfriend at the time (now my husband...considering he is a die hard Zepplin fan I'm surprised he still married me) died of laughted when I explained it was perfectly logical that it organized as "Zepplin, Led"............................

Up until I was about 9 I also assumed once you got married....when you said " i do"..you got pregnant....I remember asking my mom.."but what if I don't want to have a baby right away???? dont' I HAVE to??"......

Soooo many lyrical ones.....and apparently just learned a new one........Paradise city.....huh....
  • chulie
    Options
    I thought Led Zepplin was a person........when I was organizing music one day my boyfriend at the time (now my husband...considering he is a die hard Zepplin fan I'm surprised he still married me) died of laughted when I explained it was perfectly logical that it organized as "Zepplin, Led"............................

Up until I was about 9 I also assumed once you got married....when you said " i do"..you got pregnant....I remember asking my mom.."but what if I don't want to have a baby right away???? dont' I HAVE to??"......

OH....as a kid I also thought my uncle sang the song "old time rock and roll".....I can't explain why now...just...at the time..I thought he did?!?!?!

Soooo many lyrical ones.....and apparently just learned a new one........Paradise city.....huh....
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    "There's a Bad Moon On The Rise" by CCR was "There's a bathroom on the right" to me

I still hear that to this day! :drinker:
  • chulie
    Options
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    My sister used to sing in church loudly "peace and thunder standing" (the words are peace and understanding).

When my middle daughter was a toddler, she used to call thunder and lightening, 'tunder and lighting'. I still call it that :laugh:

How about a reverse mondegreen?
    Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
    A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

....Those aren't the words?!

I always thought it said, "wrapped up like a douche."
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I always heard "dirty deeds and the Dunder Chief" instead of "done dirt cheap". Even now that I know the right lyrics, I still sing Dunder Chief, because it's more fun.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    MY GRANDMA TOLD ME I WAS RELATED TO POCAHONTAS WHEN I WAS A LITTLE... I WET THROUGH MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD BELIEVING THIS AND AT SHOW AND TELL SHOWED UP WITH PIGTAILS AND A FEATHER.....
    I DON'T THINK SHE HAD KIDS.... LMAO
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

I thought he was saying "Wrapped up like a douche"....thanks for clearing that one up....HAHAHAH
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    my husband thought this:

....Those aren't the words?!

I always thought it said, "wrapped up like a douche."

SEE ME TOO!! I think we have it right...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....

...Aren't those the lyrics?

Paradise City

No freaking way.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Got brass in pocket - yeah i thought it said "got my style, got my sausage".

Mum still ribs me for it.
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Hold me closer, Tony Danza"
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG!!! I almost peed myself!!
    I was jokingly referred to as "Daddy Tea Bag" for months after that.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

I always thought it was douche until I looked it up too...what is a Douse anyway?
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

OMG...this is me! Tell your Hubby he isn't alone!
    P.S. The song totally says 'douche' not deuce...hahaha I can hear it in the song I tell ya...haha

Springsteen wrote it as "deuce" as in the hot rod. However, when it was recorded (and made big) by MME's band, they did in fact sing "douche"...

at least that is what Springsteen said in an interview at one time.... if you listen to the original (Bruce's) version - it was "deuce"
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

OMG...this is me! Tell your Hubby he isn't alone!
    P.S. The song totally says 'douche' not deuce...hahaha I can hear it in the song I tell ya...haha

same here
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

My husband convinced me it was DOUCHE!!
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Me (loudly) at 5 years old in the grocery store with my grandmother "Just take those old records off the shelf, I'm sittin' pissin' by myself..." She was not happy.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....

...Aren't those the lyrics?

Paradise City

No freaking way.

This made me LOL at work!!