50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    Anne, I'm sorry you've had such a rough morning. May the rest of the day be much better!
    I liked your statement about quieting those negative voices. I am my own saboteur and can blame no one else. I have to remember that the choices are mine, and then I can make better food and exercise choices. Happily, this board is so helpful in encouraging all of us to become someone healthier.!
    Barb, I hope your friend does much better with this trip to the hospital. Breathing problems can be scary and painful. What a way to discover your conditioning has helped you to run hard when necessary.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-No time to read the thread this monring. Am rushing off to substitute teach in Special Ed. The one good thing - no access to food except my packed lunch! Nothign like forced discipline. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Zaza
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    :ohwell: My day started off on the wrong foot too, but I am determined to put it on the right one. Didn't have any spills to clean, but it stormed here all night and my canine bed-partner shook like a leaf for the duration so both hubby and I are starting the day stiff and sleep deprived. :yawn: My daughter is having a bit of a personal crisis too so her middle of the night texts kept me from falling back asleep once the storm passed. :yawn: Sadly there isn't anything I can do to help but provide a listening ear.

Hubby wanted to eat at the Chinese buffet for lunch yesterday. Even though I thought I did well at portion control, when I tallied my meal it was still way too high in sodium and calories. :grumble: I seem to have mostly vegetarian Mondays to make up for Sundays these days. :tongue:

My scale may not be showing any loss, but my clothes sure are. :happy: The slacks I wore to church yesterday just hung on me. But I am determined not to buy any new clothes until I'm swimming in them! :happy: I have a wedding in mid July. I'm trying to wait to buy anything until then. I have several drawstring sun dresses I can make do with... :glasses:

Yesterday we hit triple digits and had a dirt storm. Today it is very pleasant so I am heading out for a morning walk while the getting's good, then home to do strength training with BL Bob. Catch y'all later. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Anne, those mornings like yours make great stories---much more entertaining than the story of how everything went according to plan as all was the same as yesterday. i know you have the resilience to bounce back from all the day's setbacks and to have a good laugh in the process. I agree with you about non-food treats. I have beautiful measuring cups, a food scale, several workout DVD's, and some new clothes that are my rewards to myself for sticking to the plan. The longer I stay away from sweets the less interested I am in sweet tastes so the easier it is to stay away from them.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Susan, we have two dogs and two cats and except for an occasional weekend when we board them to go somewhere and stay in a hotel, we have no idea what it means to have a night undisturbed by animal events. Even on a calm night, I have to jump into my clothes when I get up so I can walk the dogs immediately. But then, what would we do without them. As someone once said, "dogs----you can't live with them and you can't live without them.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Zaza---I was a teacher for over 30 years and most of those years were the ones where my eating was not under control. But then, I didn't have all of you to encourage me. I hope your day is great.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Wishful, I, too, have to tell my head to shut up. It can be my worst enemy. One day at a time I'm doing better.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm off this morning in search of a beginning line dance class that i heard about. I'll do my walking later.

hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Anne! holy mackeral! sounds like a monday morning for sure!!!!! :noway: Hope the rest of your day goes GREAT! Hope your swelling goes down too.

Sorry i haven't been posting ladies - i'm just busy in my house right now. Every day when i get off work i'm over there doing something. Now we're bringing all the old wood trim back upstairs - we had it in the basement while we were drywalling, painting, etc - now we're getting ready for cabinets, doors, trim etc.......it's confusing figuring out where it all goes! Still lots of work, but i KNOW it will be worth it in the end! Whenever that may be:laugh:

I'm doing ok with food - not GREAT - Barbiecat - no matter how many years of healthy eating i have behind me i STILL want sweets every now and then - i'm a little jealous that you don't even WANT them anymore!!!!!!! Yesterday when we were painting i had to leave for awhile and my dil said it was all right as long as i brought back chocolate, which of course i did, and then, of course:grumble: i ate some! DARN!!!!!! I'm not making it to the gym - but it seems to be all right 'cause i'm working hard. Carrying boxes of tile upstairs is KILLER on the quads!:laugh:

I miss you all, and i'll be back eventually - sorry i'm not talking to each of you - have a great monday everyone! :heart: elli
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning

Just taking a little break from the madness to eat some lunch.

Barbiecat - the last time I remember your ticker it was at 36 now 38 Awesome!

Anne - What a start to your day - As the saying goes, "it can only go up from there" I sure hope your foot gets feeling better soon. Thanks yet again for the words to live by that you provide.

Hope everone else is doing great. Seems so.

I was just looking at my lunch and feeling really good about getting up the extra 30 minutes early to prepare it. I WILL continue to do these things that will make it easy enough to eat my way to good health. I have fresh lettuce, carrots, red pepper, celery and for dessert I have ff yogurt, fresh strawberries, grapes, apple (in case I get a snack attack) and a mandarine orange. This is all planned to be light because I made spaghetti sauce last night for dinner tonight and its kind of high in cals. and carbs The benefit of logging your food ahead is I now realize that if I want to eat more than the 14 calories I have left (after all my logged food) I will have to move more.:laugh:
    A pretty reasonable snack I have been having lately is Finn crisp thins with a tich of peanut butter. Good crunch action!!

You never believe it - We're having our second day in a row of summer weather!! We had a terrible hail storm on Saturday but yesterday was beatiful as is today. A standing joke in our region is "what follows two days of rain? Answer - Monday!!

Today I will:
    Eat only as planned
    exercise away 300 cals
    drink my water - 4 down already:drinker:
    Catch up on more work at the office.

Heather
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Ell-glad to hear you are doing ok. I was wondering about you since we hadn't heard from you in awhile:flowerforyou:

Anne-hope your day improves as does your foot:flowerforyou: I know how you feel. I have had a similiar problem with my one heel a couple of years ago (plantar fascitis (sp??) heel spur and bone cyst It took a long time to improve but I hung in there just as I know you will:heart:

Zaza-nice to hear from you as well:flowerforyou:

It is so wonderful to hear everyone is doing well:flowerforyou:

This morning I did a modified version of Biggest Loser Bootcamp since my knee is still acting up. I refrained from doing the squats and lunges but still managed to get in a good workout. Also did 15 minutes on my weight station. If the rain holds up today I plan on going for a short bike ride. Unfortunately I couldn't get any swimming done yesterday since we had a thunder storm:grumble:

Take care everyone and please know that I feel very honoured to be part of such a wonderful group:flowerforyou: The journey is always a lot more pleasant when we have someone to share it with:heart:

Don't forget to :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Marie:heart:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hi again

Marie - when you had your bone spur what was the treatment - Did you have surgery or did it just go away (that what I'm hoping) My heel is not PF but is sounding more like a bone spur at the back of my heel. Any info about your personal recovery will help alot. I have read alot on the net but knowing someone who's been there is usually better.

I thought you were away???

I guess I can't keep up with everyone's comings and goings.:laugh:

Heather
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You never believe it - We're having our second day in a row of summer weather!! We had a terrible hail storm on Saturday but yesterday was beatiful as is today. A standing joke in our region is "what follows two days of rain? Answer - Monday!!.....

Heather

There is a saying that comes from south of me, Oregon--"People in Oregon don't tan, they RUST!!":laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: GOOD afternoon to all sorry to hear some of yous are not feeling well hope it well pass soon. i am happy to say that i did two 15 minutes of wii walking so far today.. i am going to work on my 20 active trainer in a bit my grandson stevie has been here with methis afternoon so much of my time has been with him i have another good day with drinking the water i guess i can so i have finally work it out i have my pretty bottle with the straw so no more spills plus i think those big water bottles made me fill like ugh i don't really want to drink all that.. i have done really good with the eating today.. oh here comes the thunder storm it s suppose to be a good one so i am going to shut down the comp for a few hours i hope everyone has a nice night... love debbie and family
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

Becky: Thanks. I have several and I really like the one that is a watch also but it doesn’t seem to do a good job on the step measurements. Your Water bottle sounds awesome. I’ll have to look into that too. Actually, if I fill mine 3 times a day I’m getting the amount I need. :happy: :drinker:

Patsigirl: Awesome. :flowerforyou: Good thinking on how to eat but no indulge!

Barb: Awesome job on the 2 sizes smaller!:flowerforyou: Sorry about your friend. Glad you’re there for her.

Mimis5: Welcome. Hmmmmm...lapbanders??? Guess I’m not cuz I don’t know what that means. Oh - as I read on and saw Barbie’s post now I know what it is ;-) So, no I’m not.

Lianne: Hopefully there will be another solution rather than surgery.

Anne: Oh my - I think I might have crawled back into the bed! :ohwell:

Susan: Hopefully you will sleep better tonight. :yawn: No storms! We too rarely get a full nights sleep due to animals. But, I think I’d miss having them if they weren’t here.

Heather: Good job planning ahead. :flowerforyou: It does make a difference doesn’t it!

Marie: Perseverance - that’s the key huh?:flowerforyou:

Debbie: Your exercises sound so much more fun that exercise. Especially when it's with your grandchildren!:wink:

I am feeling a little defeated. Yesterday I fell off the eating healthy wagon. I not only ate a candy bar but ate a KING SIZE candy bar - 660 calories worth! Then I had a piece of friendship bread. Today I feel bloated and crummy. I did it to myself and there's no one else to blame. Wish I could be more disciplined when tempted. :grumble: :grumble:

Hope everyone has a great day. We are enjoying the sunshine today here in the NW. Supposed to be able to for the whole week!!!!! Heat wave:laugh:

Esther
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I've learned to buy Zone Perfect Chocolate Mint protein bars. A whole one is 210 calories. They taste like a candy bar but aren't just a bunch of empty calories. If I get a chocolate craving an apple won't kick, I cut one in half and nibble it slowly. Raw fruits or vegetables are obviously better snack options, but I've found this works when I just NEED a bit of chocolate but don't want to awaken the sugar monster.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies,
    Welcome to all of the newcomers. Hello to all of my old friends. Congats on all of your weight losses and smaller clothes. Sorry about the injuries and friends illnesses.
    Today is our last full day here. CMA ended last night with an awesome concert. I move the whole time and kept thinking (wow instead of sitting and listening I was really moving)
    We worked out for about an hour this morning. Good one for me 700 calories, then went to rainforest cafe for salads. Resting now and then another workout. We catch our plane tomorrow afternoon for home. I hope to post again before then, but if not will post when I get home.
    Vicki
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I was in Tn. this weekend visiting my mom didn’t do to well with my eating Sunday.:sad: Back on track today :happy: did boot camp this morning took my grand girls :bigsmile: (puppies not humans) swimming this afternoon. The baby is just a little over a year old and loves to play still want jump in from the side yet she hops on the float then jumps in.

Congrats Barb on smaller jeans that is a GREAT feeling!:flowerforyou:

Welcome Laurie my nephew has a lap band and it is helping him so far.

Great job Lianne way to plan and stick to it. What type of surgery do you need?

Ann what a way to start your day I hope tomorrow will begin less stressful.

Way to stay positive Suezzque. Also I want to thank you again :flowerforyou: for your encouragement with my mom.

Today was a success that is a good day.

Lynn:love:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I've learned to buy Zone Perfect Chocolate Mint protein bars. A whole one is 210 calories. They taste like a candy bar but aren't just a bunch of empty calories. If I get a chocolate craving an apple won't kick, I cut one in half and nibble it slowly. Raw fruits or vegetables are obviously better snack options, but I've found this works when I just NEED a bit of chocolate but don't want to awaken the sugar monster.

Zone perfect bars are WONDERFUL.:heart::heart: They make a snack size in many of their flavors that have about 100 calories, but cutting the meal bars in half works too. Also, they have just come out with some DARK chocolate options that are very yummy. :heart: :heart: If you have Wal Mart in your neighborhood, you will find them with the other weight loss products and nutrition products, usually not far from pharmacy and supplements.

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Just wanted to give a quick update before turning in to a pumpkin tonight. My friend Linda is still in the hospital, but feeling much better. They seem to have her asthma under better control, so she is breathing easier, which in turn makes the pain from her healing ribs (broken from coughing when she had pneumonia) much more bearable.

She hopes to be home in a day or two.:drinker: :drinker:

As for me, I managed only about 2.5 hours of sleep last night. Between my run/jog to her house, and being worried about her, even after I got the call after 11p that she would stay in the hospital, just couldn't sleep. Went to work this morning at 5a and actually broke down and drank some coffee on my break. First time I have had coffee work since January. It was about 90% decaf, or else I would be staying awake again tonight.

Once I came home for my mid -day break, I hit the feathers and managed about a 2.5 hour nap before going back for my last 4 hours. Sure felt a lot livelier in the afternoon. Took the doggies out after work, and decided to stay in and watch the news instead of taking myself for a walk. My hips have been telling me all day that they did NOT :grumble: appreciate our little running fest last night.

About the time I was going to turn in about 2 hours ago, my wireless network started acting up, so I started fiddling with it, and it finally came back up, so of course, I just HAD to post before I gave up for the night.

ANNE- I read the saga of your morning (Saturday or Sunday) , with the foot bath and the coffee. I think I probably would have stayed in bed for the rest of the weekend for safety's sake. Your luck HAS to improve!! I hope your foot is starting to behave itself.

I might get brave and weigh tomorrow since I ate a light dinner tonight.

BTW, I have a hint for a YUMMY dessert, if you like lemon and strawberries. :heart: :heart: There is a new sugar free pudding (sweetened with Splenda) made by Jelly Belly. They come 6 serving cups in a package, cost only $2 at my local Walmart. Only 60 calories. There are some made with sugar, so read your label. The one called "lemon drop" is sugar free, and tonight I took fresh strawberries and dipped them in that pudding and it was FANTASTIC!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Good night all,:yawn:

Barb
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We had dinner with friends tonight. They barbecued chicken thighs. we asked for ours without skin and without barbecue sauce. we brought the salad----tons of different veggies with spray dressing. We said no thank you to the rolls, the wine, and the cheesecake. We left right after dinner so I could go to a line dance class. Jake went shopping That way the other two couples could drink wine and eat cheesecake without feeling guilty.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jake played golf this morning and I went shopping.

We had sad news today about the death of the older of the two girls of the two girls who groom the dogs.
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I woke up early this morning and finally decided to go ahead and get up. Barb, I'm glad your friend is doing better. Barbie, I 'm sorry to hear about your dog groomer.

I'm not familiar with Zone Perfect bars. I'll have to find them at our Wal-Mart. I'm still new about what healthy low calorie options are out there. The Jelly Belly pudding sounds tasty, too.

I finally managed to drink 8 glasses of water yesterday. I kept a glass by the sink and just drank tap water while standing there. I'll get better at thinking water first!

Have a great day!
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE:flowerforyou:

GLAD TO SAY THE REST OF YESTERDAY WENT FINE. THANKS TO THOSE WHO WROTE TO ME ABOUT IT. :heart: FIRST TIME I WALKED FOR QUITE A DISTANCE AND MY FOOT WAS OK. I'LL TAKE A SHORT WALK TODAY AND IT IS MY WW MEETING TOO. :smile:

WISHFUL, HAPPY TO KNOW YOU ARE FINDING THIS BOARD HELPFUL. I FEEL THE SAME WAY.
    THE WATER NEVER HAS BEEN EASY FOR ME, BUT I DO BETTER THAN IN THE PAST. LACK OF
    PLAIN WATER HAS NEVER HINDERED MY WEIGHT LOSS. I DO AGREE WITH THE RESEARCHERS,
    IT DOES HELP TO SPEED THINGS UP IF PEOPLE ALSO LIMIT CALORIES AND EXERCISE. A PLUS
    CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE WAY YOUR ORGANS FUNCTION. WE DO NEED WATER, SO WE MUST
    DRINK UP.:drinker:

ZAZA, HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD MONDAY AND WISH YOU A HEALTHY CHOICE DAY TODAY TOO.:flowerforyou:

SUSAN, WE ARE SO BLESSED WHEN WE HAVE A MOM WHO LISTENS. MOM MAY NOT BE ABLE TO
    SOLVE EVERY PROBLEM BUT KNOWING SHE IS THERE IS PRICELESS. I KNOW YOUR DAY GOT
    BETTER AS DID MINE BECAUSE WE LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS. YOU ALWAYS FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE. I THINK LOOSE CLOTHES ARE THE BETTER OF THE TWO MAIN THINGS WE MEASURE OUR SUCCESS BY, THE SCALE AND THE INCHES. AS THE INCHES GO LOWER AND LOWER WE CAN SEE THE RESULTS. :flowerforyou:

BARBIE, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DOG GROOMER.

ELLI, I THOUGHT SOMEONE LOCKED YOU IN A CLOSET OR SOMETHING.:laugh: GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. THAT DARN CHOCOLATE AGAIN. SEEMS THAT IS ONE OF THE MAIN TREATS THAT
    WINS OVER US EVERY TIME.:mad:

HEATHER, THAT IS REAL DEDICATION, GETTING UP HALF HOUR EARLIER TO PREPARE YOUR HEALTHY MEAL. :flowerforyou: DOING THINGS LIKE THAT WILL SURELY MAKE YOU A WINNER.

MARIE, YOU ARE ANOTHER WINNER:flowerforyou: YOU KEEP ON DOING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND DON'T LET THE PAIN GET YOU DOWN. WONDERFUL.

DEBBIE, ALWAYS GLAD TO READ THAT YOU AR DOING WELL. KEEP AT IT.:flowerforyou:

ESTHER, YOU HAVE MANY MANY HANDS REACHING OUT TO YOU TO PULL YOU BACK INTO THAT WAGON. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE AHEAD. THAT FEELING YOU HAVE WILL BE GONE AS SOON AS YOU START EATING THE RIGHT FOODS AGAIN.:heart:

VICKI, THAT'S WONDERFUL THAT YOU WERE MOVING AT THE CONCERT. DOESN'T THAT MAKE IT SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE? A NICE REWARD FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.:flowerforyou:

LYNN, GLAD YOU GOT RIGHT BACK ON TRACK. THE PUPPIES SOUND LIKE SUCH A LOT OF FUN.:smile:

BARB, GLAD YOUR FRIEND IS GETTING BETTER. THAT DESERT SOUNDS GOOD. I BUY THE JELLO BRAND VANILLA PUDDING WITH CARAMEL, SUGAR FREE, 60 CALORIES. THOSE LITTLE
    PUDDINGS ARE YUMMY. HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING FOR A LONG TIME TO COME. I WAKE UP SO EARLY. FALL ASLEEP BETWEEN 10 AND 11 BUT WAKE UP AROUND 4AM
    MOST TIMES. IF I LISTEN TO RESEARCHERS I SHOULD NOT BE LOSING EVEN ONE OUNCE BECAUSE THEY SAY SLEEP HAS AN AFFECT ON DIETING?? :ohwell:

BARBIE, GLAD YOU KEEP POSTING ABOUT HOW YOU CAN WALK AWAY FROM TREATS. THAT SHOULD LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT IT CAN BE DONE. ALSO, WE CAN LOSE THE CRAVING FOR SWEETS. IT IS POSSIBLE. YOU ARE IN CONTROL, NOT A DRINK OR SPECIFIC FOOD. I
    BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT WE ALL WANT.:flowerforyou:

STAY STRONG :heart:
    ANNE
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :glasses: good morning everyone.. we are off to the dentist and than to work i have done some wii fit this morning getting a good start after a few days of rain here in new england we are going to have a sunny afternoon and a sunny day tomorrow than rain and rain and did i ssay rain. i think i am going to go to the y this week for sure.. :flowerforyou: i am sending flowers for yous that don't fell well hope it will pass soon.. i am happy to say my wii mii says i am still obese but my bmi has been going down for two more days now.. i guess it was about doing the right water and exercises as will as eating better.. the water and moving is something i know i was not doing that you for all the info i have been able to read and learn.. this is a wonderful place... ok off we go love debbie and family