Things you see at the Gym

Options

Replies

• yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    While at power class 2 weeks back, the girl in front of me was missing her undies and when she bent over the whole back row could see through her spandex straight between the crack...it was BAD!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options

That's the mid-step in between sitting and using the treadmill :) Hey, some peeps gotta work up to it.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    LOL! These posts absolutely cracked me up! Especially because I've been guilty of a few of them. I work out at a hospital's fitness and therapy center, so we have a lot of people at all different fitness levels there and you never know what you'll see. For the most part it's really nice because people aren't too critical and there's always people in worse shape then me so I don't have to be self-conscience.

I do show up after work a lot of time with very little time to change so I'm in full make up. Also I live an hour away from the gym so if I forget to fully pack my gym bag, I just do the best I can. sometimes that requires me to work out in jeans or whatever I have on. Last week I forgot my shoes, but one of the instructors that was working the desk let me use her new shoes. I thought that was super sweet of her, but they know how far I drive!

I'm pretty tolerant of everything and I want EVERYONE to work out so I try and be supportive, but it is that time of year when classes fill up fast and it's very frustrating when those that are only there to try and fulfill their New Year's Resolutions don't finish class and don't try when they could have let someone else in.

Also there are 2 ladies that only do part of the class and then stand in the back chatting the rest of the hour and ignore everything the instructor is doing...and they are load so it's very distracting! WTH!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    -the guy who stands so close behind me waiting for the machine that his *FRIEND* nudged me, ok you win, Im going home!

-the corner cell phone texters/talkers, we don't want to
    A) hear your conversation about why your boyfriend broke up with oyu and
    B) hear you texting him and yelling the things you want to say to him out loud

-the "woopers", I hate going to my early morning spin class because of these two guys who get so pumped up and into the music while cycling that they randoming WOOP, and then the other responds WOOOOOOP, and they spend the next hour trying to ot woop each other

the little cute girls that have a sports bra on and are taking up the last stairmaster but are going so slow they don't break a sweat or are just trying to not break a sweat so they don't look gross to the guy they have been staring at (who happens to be my husband)

BODYSLAM BIZNITCH!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    oh and camel toe, like level 10 cameltoe mens and womens, lol
  • Mailaaa
    Options
    It's not what i saw, it's what i smelled lol, I was on the elliptical for about 10 minutes and some guy decided to go on the machine right next to me when there were 10 other empty ones and he smelled SO bad that i couldn't even finish my workout! :(
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I always shake my head a bit when I see "big girls" (my size, 220+) who get on the treadmill for 10 minutes then go buy a gatorade and leave. And I see them do it 4 days a week.

Seriously, who are you kidding?

Apparently themselves.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The one that really winds me up is people coming into the gym DROWNED in perfume/aftershave/body spray.
    I have asthma. It's very well managed, but the one thing that sets it off is strong perfume smells.
    I'm not just smelling it, I'm inhaling it. I can taste it. I don't want to.
    Go away!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Dudes that constantly admire themselves in the mirrors of the weight area. Every time they pass the mirror it's...pause, flex...

They are like people who pick their noses while driving... WE CAN SEE YOU!

^
    LMAO! :laugh: There is one guy at my gym that does this nonstop. He will lift the bar like 3 times and drop it, then flex and feel his arms, then look to see who is looking at him. I crack up every time. and the girls that come to the gym in a FULL face of make-up and are constantly looking around to see who is there, not really working out, then the annoying girl who has headphones on but starts singing aloud because she thinks she has a voice,, ... but...she DOESN'T! :noway:

Depends if they are stretching and pumping between sets to induce extra blood into the muscle and stretch the muscle facisa further and thus enable extra grow or.....

..just staring in the mirror :happy: :laugh:

FWIW I compete and the closer to the show I WILL openly pose in the mirror to practice my posing. Nowhere will you get a mirror that goes floor to ceiling that will show you off clearly and so you can inspect and practice and improve the positioning of the muscle being held in the set pose.

You wouldn't be a concert musician and not practice your set for weeks on end before the show/concert, would you?
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The one that kills me are the older dudes (say 45+) that come to the gym, sit in the sauna for awhile in their swim trunks and then go back in the locker room to redress. It makes me think they are getting all sweaty to go home and pretend to their wives that they are working out. Just seems WEIRD to me! That and the pregnant old dude who sits in the sauna and gets beet red then sits outside the pool and stares at us doing water aerobics!

If you are in the pool doing water aerobics, how do you know these guys aren't working out before hitting the sauna? Time permitting, I hit the hot tub, sauna or steam room after every workout.

I always hit the sauna after my workouts. I do my stretching in there and then just chill for a few minutes. Walk out dripping wet, but had busted my *kitten* prior to going in. Just a great way to end my workouts.
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I meant to post when I got back from the gym yesterday. Saw something odd... one of the trainers was in the gym doing her workout in her workout clothes. She had a tiny gray tank top, tiny black spandex shorts, and then was wearing what looked like gray wool legwarmers from her knee all the way down to the heel of her tennis shoes. Why would you cover your shins when you're hardly wearing any clothing at all? Shins get cold during your workout?
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Don't go to the gym anymore but when I did I always saw people standing around talking. It's like don't you think you should get on an elliptical or something? It is a gym after all.
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    People working out in jeans ALWAYS makes me laugh.

I once saw a woman working out in jeggings. That's right, jean colored leggings.

Me too! I also saw someone working out in tank, shorts and cowboy boots. Really?
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I see people exercise in jeans all the time, the women who wear short shorts two sizes too small and the people who marinade in clone before hitting the treadmill.
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    my fav so far has been the geeky engineer (no letters or cards please, i'm married to one so i can say that) using the bike dressed in his work clothes (dockers and all, even the tie) using the handle bars to hold his laptop while he works on it (and yes, it's work, iv'e looked)
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have to say the nudity thing doesn't bother me - it is a locker room after all. Otherwise I pay very little attention to others except to encourage. I sing to myself while on treadmills or elipticals, dance with abandon in Zumba classes and grunt while lifting or kick boxing. I usually come from work so I guess my make up is still apparent but a pull my hair way up into a Pebbles Flinstone type hairdo. I try to be respectful of others, though.
  • deborawrrx
    Options
    someone who looked like they were asleep on a bike.. but they were still pedalling. mind blown.
  • MellisaCruz
    Options
    OMG!!!!! I just realized I AM A LIP SYNCer......I am sooo #LAME
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! I just realized I AM A LIP SYNCer......I am sooo #LAME

Don't feel too badly about this one. I've done it from time to time myself....although, it's usually when I've hit a "wall" in my cardio routine, and I need a mental distraction to help me ignore the pain and fatigue. Concentrating on the lyrics of whatever song is playing over the radio seems to be the best distraction for me.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    people going max incline on the treadmill then hanging off if it. if your arms are supporting some of your body weight doesnt that defeat the purpose of the incline?