50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    It's gonna be a WONDERFUL day! :happy:

Starting off yesterday by taking a brisk walk instead of going back to bed was the beginning of a very productive day at my house. I didn't even feel the need for a nap later, as I thought I might. Working out with Bob doesn't make me as stiff as it did last week, and for the first time since surgery in Dec of 07 I feel like my core muscles are gaining some strength. The scale still hasn't budged, but I was able to drink almost all of the 95 oz of water I should :drinker: and even had a few hundred calories to spare at the end of the day thanks to lots of activity. :happy: To top it off, we ALL slept like rocks last night.

Things aren't any better for my daughter yet. Its so hard not to rescue her! Yet I know that is never for the best. Some of my most valuable lessons I learned the hard way. Praying for God's protection and provision for her. Her name is Emily, if any of you care to join me.

Today is errand day for me, so I need to get these tennies on out the door so I can get home and shower. Banking, a massage, a haircut and grocery shopping await.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    good Morning ladies,
    We are packing up and about to head to the airport. I hate going home cause I love travelling, but I do miss my grandchildren so much. They make it worth going home.
    We got in a good workout this morning. I am up to 45 min on elliptical now. Skipped weights this morning. Hope to get them in at home tonight. The weights here are not the greatest in the world.
    We did very good on eating the whole trip. We ate salads, grilled chicken, a lot of fruit. We have what they call club level at hotel and they have room available 24/7 with fruit, water etc. Makes it so much easier. The guy at the security check for concert on river Sunday, made me throw away my apple. Youa re not supposed to bring in outside food or drink. They had kind of been allowing it, but he saw it so had to make me throw it away. He was nice, just doing his job, but still hard to throw away my apple. We had decided to treat ourselves last night to a shared shake at Johnny Rockets. ( if you have never had one they are the best ever,) we ate a soup and salad first and honestly we had no room. we got small one to go and he drank about half and I took one sip. I honestly knew I could have it but did not want it. I have really had nothing that tempts me in the last few months. I used to be one of those all or nothing. I would be so good and then go off wagon and be very bad. I do not know what or when that changed but now I know if I want it I can have it but mostly it is not worth it. I am afraid still to eat a donut. That used to set me off big time. My daughter says I should try one but I am not ready for that yet. Sorry to be so long but thought this may help some of you having cravings. It is a mind set. I know that now. Why did my mind wait so long to set. I will talk to you ladies when I get home to Louisiana. Thanks for being here for me. It really helps.
    Vicki
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    " It is a mind set. I know that now. Why did my mind wait so long to set. I will talk to you ladies when I get home to Louisiana. Thanks for being here for me. It really helps.
    Vicki
    Vicki,
    Thanks for reminding all of us that how we view ourselves and what we eat or don't eat is really a mind set. That comes to me often and is really a help when I want to do things I shouldn't. Have a great day!!:flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hi everyone

Hope you are all having a good day. My husband got called back to work yesterday. I am thrilled however he is disappointed!! I guess he was looking forward to a summer off.
    So we have been going through a rough patch and instead of preaching to him, I asked him to take some time and think about a solution. After a few days he said that he thought we should have 'date night' once a week. I was absolutely thrilled that he finally got what I've been saying for years about spending quality time together. So considering he is on afternoon shift all week and I won't see him, Sunday seemed like a good day for a date with me. Low and behold he took off to camp and didn't get back until 11:30 at night. Do you think maybe I should have specified that date night means together at the same time, in the same place??:laugh: :laugh: Oh well at least he's thinking along the right line.

All those pretty colours of fruit and veggies that I was so proud of yesterday just don't seem to be so wonderful today!! Lucky for me I have no choice but to eat what I packed.

A while ago I remember reading a post about getting over cravings. The post was about telling yourself that - sure you can have that cookie (or whatever) - tomorrow. The basic notion being that your craving would pass and that by tomorrow you wouldn't want it anymore.

I was also reading an article about our body and hydration. You may already know this but a little reminder is always good:

According to the British Dietetic Association, adults need to consume 2.5 litres of water per day in order to keep the body in good health. Of these 2.5 litres, 1.8 litres must come directly from beverages. This means that at least six glasses of water are required each day, with the rest of the needed water coming from foods (fruits, vegetables, etc.). Natural fruit juices and teas can be counted towards the six glasses of water. Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol and fizzy drinks should be avoided, however, as these items are diuretics that can actually work to expel more water from the body than normal. These guidelines are for average adults in cool climates. If an adult is traveling in a hotter climate and/or is physically active, then more water is recommended each day

Determining Proper Hydration
    Every adult has a unique hydration need, but there is a way to check if adequate hydration has been obtained. Travelers should check the colour of their urine to help determine their hydration levels. Clear or pale urine is an indication that water levels are good, while darker urine is an indication that more water is needed. Travelers should also be aware that they could mistake a body’s craving for water for hunger pangs. To this end, travelers should drink a glass of water when they feel hungry and wait 15 minutes to see if they still feel this way. If not, it may be that their bodies were craving water and not food.

Man you women are so good at resisting temptation. I always feel like I am never going to be able to measure up but I know the truth is "OF COURSE I CAN" I can't even imagine walking away from cheesecake:blushing: but when I read about your triumphs, I am so proud of you so obviously i would be proud of me too!! I'll get there - one mountain at a time!!

Today I will:
    Exercise for 40 minutes (have to do walking dvd at home due to my heel)
    Eat only my planned foods
    drink at least 60 oz of water

Take good care

Heather
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

SHOULD HAVE CHECKED MY LAST POST,THINK IT WAS BEFORE MY WW MEETING. IF I AM REPEATING, FORGIVE ME PLEASE. I LOST A LITTLE OVER HALF A POUND. WITHOUT MY
    WALKING, I DON'T DO AS WELL AS I USUALLY DO. I AM WALKING A LITTLE NOW BUT NOT
    AS MUCH OR AS FAST. FRIDAY I WILL SEE THE DOCTOR AGAIN. I AM OK WITH THIS LOSS.
    HAVE ABOUT 13LBS TO GOAL AND I KNOW THE END IS ALWAYS SLOWER ANYWAY. AT
    LEAST FOR ME.

DEBBIE, GLAD YOU CONTINUE TO DO WELL AND ARE NOW TALKING MORE ABOUT THE EATING BEING GOOD. SO YOU HAVE ALL THE COMPONENTS TO BE A WINNER, EATING RIGHT, DRINKING
    ENOUGH WATER AND EXERCISE. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PROGRESS. WHAT A
    LOVELY PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER. CONGRATULATIONS TO HER.:flowerforyou:

SUSAN, EMILY IS ON MY PRAYER LIST. YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING TO BE THERE BUT
    LET HER SOLVE HER OWN PROBLEMS. SHE WILL BE A STRONGER PERSON BECAUSE YOU
    DID THAT.:heart:

VICKI, ALAS, ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END.:smile: NEXT TRIP HIDE YOUR APPLE IN YOUR BRA, YOU MAY LOOK UNEVEN BUT YOU WILL GET TO EAT YOUR APPLE.:laugh: YOU HAVE
    EXCHANGED SOME EMPTY CALORIE FOODS (DONUTS FOR EXAMPLE) THAT YOU DON'T NEED IN YOUR LIFE, FOR A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. BRAVO!!:flowerforyou: SEE HOW YOU MOVED AT THE
    CONCERT. THAT DONUT WOULD ROB YOU OF THAT. STAY STRONG AND DON'T EVEN THINK
    ABOUT DOING ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT READY FOR. YOU DON'T HAVE TO, IT'S YOUR CHOICE.AS YOU SAID MINDSET. GOOD FOR YOU. :drinker:

HEATHER, I WAS SENT A FORWARD CALLED THE LOVING WIFE'S GUIDE. IT WAS FROM THE 50'S. MY GOSH, WHAT A DIFFERENCE THE YEARS HAVE MADE. IT SAID THINGS LIKE GREET YOUR HUSBAND AT THE DOOR LOOKING FRESH AND CLEAN, WITH A RIBBON IN YOUR HAIR.:laugh: HAVE DINNER ON THE TABLE, A MAN IS HUNGRY AFTER A HARD DAY'S WORK.:laugh: IN OTHER WORDS CATER TO HIS EVERY NEED AND YOU ARE A GOOD WIFE.
    OF COURSE, TODAY WOMEN ARE IN THE WORK FORCE AND WE ALL KNOW THESE OLD FASHIONED IDEAS ARE A THING OF THE PAST. IT MADE ME THINK OF MY MOM AND DAD. THEIR
    MARRIAGE WAS JUST LIKE THAT GUIDE BUT MY DAD GAVE BACK SO MUCH TO MY MOM. HE DID FOR HER AS MUCH AS SHE DID FOR HIM. THAT,I THINK NEVER CHANGES. MARRIAGE HAS TO BE 50/50 TO WORK AND BE REALLY HAPPY. GLAD HUBBY IS THINKING ALONG THE RIGHT LINES AND WISH YOU BOTH A LONG HAPPY MARRIAGE.
    CRAVINGS DO PASS WITH TIME. IF YOU CAN JUST HOLD OUT FOR A LITTLE WHILE, USUALLY
    YOU DON'T WANT THE FOOD ANY MORE.
    THANKS FOR THAT ARTICLE ON HYDRATION. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE READ.
    HEATHER, YOU CAN DO IT. YOU SAID, "OF COURSE I CAN ", PUT THAT ON THE FRIDGE.
    YOU WILL GET THERE. "OF COURSE YOU WILL".

ALL MY FRIENDS, ENJOY YOUR HEALTHY DAY.:flowerforyou:

:heart: ANNE
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I stayed thirsty all day yesterday and drank MORE than my allotment of water. :drinker: 108 oz It is so very much easier to stick with my eating plan when I am at home! There's nothing high in sodium or full of empty calories here.

Today I am a bit sore from my massage so I think I'll just walk twice as long today and leave off the strength training. Now that we are having triple digits every day I have to get up and out the door early to walk instead of roast. I am tempted to weigh and measure today, but am steeling myself to wait until Monday as my weight seems to fluctuate throughout the week.

Have any of you discovered HungryGirl.com? I've noticed several of HG recipes on the MFP recipe thread. Turns out that is where the pumpkin cake recipe came from. Most of the recipes there sound like something I will try, so I subscribed to their newsletter.

Time to get a load of laundry started and head out the door.
  • Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi New friends! I'm doing good! I weighed in this am. and I'm down 1lb. Yeah!!!!!! Can't seem to get to exercise early in the week. I have a more physical job thurs-sat, but the rest of the week, well.............. I need to kick myself in the rear and get going. You all are sooooooo good! I'm gonna do it too!!!!!!! Hugs Laurie
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Good morning to all my mfp family. i am happy to say that it is 9:28 a.m. and the sun just came out. but the next five days they say rain.. my grandson stevie is here and the children will be coming home in a few hours its the last day of school we are all going down to the hay farm to roll and pick up hay bails. now that is going to be a workout. maybe i'll ride the tracker... no i roll the ball in piles.. today is the last day of school and last night at supper we were talkin about the weather that is not going to be good and i have a family member ship at the y and we dont use it they have a wonderful gym so we are going to go .. i have a hard time going cause i am the rolly poly and they are all in shape when i seem to go and it bothers me how i look.we have had the member ship for six mths at least and sometimes i do good and go a few weeks than i stop it has a program that i can put stevie in so i can work out there is not a good reason why i can go.. its just me ... ok well i hope everyone is feeling better and hope everyone has a nice day love debbie and family
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Yesterday went really well for my calorie intake. I still have a hard time staying near 1200, even eating all of my exercise calories back. I do usually manage to stay under 1500. Oh well, step by step.
    I hope everyone has a great day.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Yesterday went really well for my calorie intake. I still have a hard time staying near 1200, even eating all of my exercise calories back. I do usually manage to stay under 1500. Oh well, step by step.
    I hope everyone has a great day.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    The best advice I got when I started was to take baby steps. I couldn't change everything overnight. That's what you're doing. Every day that you plan your food and stick to the plan is a baby step in the right direction. Every time you leave some food out and add a healthier and lower calorie one you have taken another step. Every time you get off the couch and get active is another step. You are doing great and one day at a time you'll see the results.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Barbie
  • vickim26
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Yeah, I did it. I am 199.8 this morning. I reached my goal a week late but I reached it. I want to never be in the 200 +again.
    Anne, I laughed out loud at the thought of putting the apple in my bra. You always make me laugh. I really hope to meet you someday.
    Doodbiedoo, glad my thoughts help. I have come a long way and have a long way to go, but hopefully learning along the way.
    Benson thanks for the water article. I LOVE water and always have. This is the easy part for me. It is hard for hubby though. He loves his coke and he loves milk. He is down to cokes only for special occasions. He puts lots of lemon in his water and that helps him.
    Everyone keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.
    Vicki
  • vickim26
    Options
    I need to set myself a new goal. Do you think 20 lbs by the end of summer would be too much. That would be 2 1/2 months.
    Vicki
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi, Everyone,

I see that I haven't posted here for a while.

We had an unexpected and tragic death in the family, leaving a 9 yr old boy without his Mom. I would appreciate your prayers for him. Thanks so much.

We are going to be on the road again this week, tho' I seem to better eating when I'm not counting calories every day, just go by whether I really feel hungry or not and try to make healthy choices for food. I'm wondering if when I count cals I tend to try to eat 'up to the max' and then end up eating more without realizing it. Anyway the scale is back down to where it was when we got home last time. So more of the 'keep on keeping on' attitude and try to get enough steps in

Barbie and Jake are such an inspiration. and so many of you have lost a LOT of pounds.

Vicki's goal of 20lbs by the end of summer seems very ambitious to me, but maybe summer ends later where you are, Vicki :laugh: I'm hovering around, but under 200 the last couple of weeks, It does feel good, doesn't it? And I do have that same feeling, never, never relate to the terrible 2's again!

Wishful, the diabetic dietician here says we need at least 1400 cal average to get proper nutrition.

Have a good day all.

ps forgot to mention, the new photo is of the Okanangan Lake, one I took as we were almost home again at the end of May.

Ellen
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is well.

Barbiecat you sure are a dedicted woman. I still have not been able to find a line dancing class here. I am kind of thinking about getting a dvd. That would sure make my teenagers roll their eyes! They seem to think its a personal slight to them when I do richard simmons! Too bad for them. Mom's getting her groove on:laugh:

I'm having a girlfriend over tonight to have dinner with the kids and me. I have a healthy meal planned and am really looking forward to the company.

I must say I have been trying to eat more fruit and I am surprised by the carbs in fruit. I guess I've always associated carbs with bread and pasta etc. And the learning curve continues...

My sad tale of the day -Someone broke into all the grade 8 classes and stole the money the teachers have been collecting from the students for their graduation. Inside job?? Noone else would know the money was due. That's just - well a crime. They say the graduation will go on as planned and the school will cover the costs rather than families having to pay again but boy some people!!

ellens292 welcome back - how lucky you are to live in beautiful BC
    vicki - seems like you could do anything! your goal breaks down to about 2/wk I'd give it a go

Everyone keep on going your success is inspiring to so many - me for sure :flowerforyou: whether its getting over the sweets, increasing your exercising, increasing your water intake and of course eating healthy , we are all moving right along.

Today I will:
    Clean my house after work like the bionic woman:laugh:
    eat mindfully and healthy as planned
    go for a walk with my girlfriend after dinner
    drink more water

Take care

Heather
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Vicki,
    Yay on getting on the other side of 200! If I lose 18 pounds by the end of June to your 20, then I'll be on the other side of 200 and you'll make your goal of 20.I think we can do it!!!:smile:
  • Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Vicki,
    You are awesome! I have a few more lbs to get under 200. You go girl! I think 20lbs is alot to lose in 2 1/2 Months. I think 12 is a better goal, what do you think?
    Laurie
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: hi hope everyone has had a nice day
    ellen sorry about the family lost many prayers i am helping raising my three year old grandson my daughter in law shannon pass away on us last march she had been sick for away though..we thought she was in remissio because her cancer had been gone for three years. we kinda of forgot she had it.. so m
    any prayer to your family
    vicki that is so wonderful i can not wait to be there i have seen the two hundreds for to long and now my ticker is moving and i am moving more.. one step at a time
    thank you for all the wonderful storys about water i honestly never thought about how inportant it really is and this is all good to know thank you again
    love debbie and family
  • vickim26
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments and the input on goal. I just figured it out and it would be 10 weeks. School actually starts here in August, but I was thinking of the beginning of Sept. That would be about 2 lbs per week. Hopefully I can still lose that cause I still have quite a bit to go. I am going to set it at that but I do know that if I don't make it that is okay. I just need something to plan for. I seems so far away but so did below 200 back in Feb. I lost 36 pounds since feb and I figured out that was 17 weeks so that is about 2 lbs per week. Welcome to the newcomers and returning people. I love talking and sharing with all of you. Have a good rest of the day. I am going to granddaughters baseball game and then workout.
    Vicki
  • TeenTchr
    TeenTchr Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks to all who let me know I posted in the wrong place. I just got back from the gym and recorded what I ate so far as well as my exercise time. so far so good!:happy:

148904.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    :glasses: hi hope everyone has had a nice day
    ellen sorry about the family lost many prayers i am helping raising my three year old grandson my daughter in law shannon pass away on us last march she had been sick for away though..we thought she was in remissio because her cancer had been gone for three years. we kinda of forgot she had it.. so m
    any prayer to your family

love debbie and family

Thanks, Debbie, for your prayers, and for your kind words. Sorry about your daughter in law. A 3 yr old takes a lot energy!!