SWaT-February Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have REALLY been slacking on some of my food choices! All the walking in the world won't help me if I keep this up! Averaged 4 miles each day on the weekend but, like you, Teresa, I blew it with my food choices!
    Why is it so much easier to stay on track during the week? I'm at home anyway (unemployed) so it must be the extra people that are around! (I know--excuses, excuses!)
    It's going to be another beautiful day so my walking will be outdoors this morning and possibly a video while the supper is in the oven.
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    This is how I lost my first 7-8lbs!!!!!! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I think I will order the Ultimate 5 day walk plan. Sounds like a perfect workout plan for the month of February. What are some more Leslie favorites?

I'll be waiting to see what this one is. Some "new" DVDs are really compilations - I hope this is new.

My favorites:

Leslie with a group
    3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - pros: good music, Mary Kay leads mile 2, bright set, chaptered so I can skip around.

The Big Burn - 2 Miles of intervals. pros: Music only option, love boosted walking, "Everybody" song is used very briefly ..... I know this is petty .... I got rid of 2 Fast miles because THAT song was used 3 times! (grrrrr)

Leslie Solo
    Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp - pros: VARIETY (walking, boosted walking, strength training) , cool down is chaptered separately - can skip to it whenever, bright set. The figure 8 cord is not needed, resistance band works too

3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk - pros: Music only option, variety of moves, (unfortunately out of print ... I think)

Walk Away the Pounds
    Two Mile Walk (Leslie is wearing lavender on the cover) - also on the "Deluxe Walk Aerobics Special" DVD. This has soooo many moves that you don't do your first set of knee lifts until mile 2. Warning - 80's big hair & ugly spandex is involved. This is almost choreography.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I love Leslie Sansone videos. I have done them off and on for almost 8 years. I had been doing them last year for months and then I lost my godmother and I still managed to keep up, but the day after she was buried, I lost my best friend's dad. He had been a part of my life since I was 3 years old. My Dad died when I was 12, and he was a second father to me. So, the double whammy just did me in.
    I have started back up January 5 and joined this site on the 6th. I have been doing her videos faithfully for at least a 1 mile one for mornings. But, the last few weeks I added Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am still doing her exercises to get some cardio in. So far, I have walked 14 miles this month. I am pledging to do 46 miles this month. That is 2 miles per day. On the weekends sometimes I have time to do more. And when the weather is nice, I go walking outside.
    I have videos in all different lengths of hers. I also just ordered from QVC on Saturday the new set that has accessories. I can't wait to try those.
  • GramaRitz
    Options
    Hi, new to my fitness pal. My goal this month is to walk everyday with leslie, just did 2 fast miles. and to lose 5 or more pounds.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! I have the "Leslie Sansone 5 mile Fat Burning Walk" and it's no joke. It's quick paced (11 minute miles) and at the end of each mile, you jog for 90 seconds.
    I like how you can break down each mile or do all 5. I haven't had the endurance (or time) to do all 5 but I'm making it my goal to do Saturday morning.
  • Boromom3
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have just started exercising again so I am starting out with a small goal of 25 miles. Already walked 2 miles yesterday. Looking forward to another beautiful day to walk outside again. I have several of Leslie's dvd's and plan to do those as well to meet my goal. Something special though about walking outside in Feb. when normally we are couped up in the house during this month.
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/6) – 4 miles

Total completed – 18 miles

Left to complete – 67 miles
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    159 / 800 minutes
    Volleyball tonight. We won 4 games to 0. Very close in points and lots of fun!

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    159 / 800 minutes
    Volleyball tonight. We won 4 games to 0. Very close in points and lots of fun!

Jenny

Awesome Jenny!!! Fantastic Workout.............Your doing So Good
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group - I do believe my library has some of these DVD's.
    any that you absolutely LOVE that I should look for?
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! This is great, I'm in!! Love Leslie's DVD's. For February I will try to add some of her toning workouts to the 3 miles per day/5 days per week that I do.

Any suggestions on the best toning workouts would be greatly appreciated!
  • mamamea413
    mamamea413 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    2/6/12 Leslie's 4 Really Big Miles(includes jogging)
    4 miles (56 minutes)=64 to go
  • mvd851
    Options
    I started Leslie's 5mile walk CD this morning and only made thru a 1mile and 1/4. This CD kicks butt if you are out of shape as I am, however I do feel pretty good right now and can't wait to start over again tomorrow. My goal for tomorrow is to make it 2miles. :-)
  • 0622cameron
    Options
    Hi I would like to join is it too late. I have been doing the Walk off 10lbs 3 mile walk for 3 weeks and have lost 13lbs. I do the DVD 5-6 days per week and Jillian 30 day shred 2-3 days per week. I am doing walking about 18 miles per week but I am going to increase that to 25 miles per week for this month.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group - I do believe my library has some of these DVD's.
    any that you absolutely LOVE that I should look for?

Look for 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk - it's got a pink cover & Leslie is wearing a black and white top. This was my 1st Leslie DVD and I still use it. Good musci, bright set, mile 2 is challenging. Chaptered. It requires handweights, but you could use 16 oz water bottles.

Walk Slim 4 Really Big Miles is really good. This one uses a stretchy band - a resistance cord with handles (or even a bungee cord) works too. .... I guess I like gadgets. Chaptered. The stretch on this one is really nice.
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just now saw this thread I want to Join also. I have been doing the Walk At home DVD's off and on for about 2 years. I just now got back to doing them 1/17/12 the last 2 weeks of January I walked 26.85 miles. This month I am going for 50 miles. I walk with the 5 Mile Fat Burner and Walk Your Belly Flat: 3 mile walk. I walk with the DVD's 6 days a week. I also walk the track if I make it home before it gets dark.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I think I will order the Ultimate 5 day walk plan. Sounds like a perfect workout plan for the month of February. What are some more Leslie favorites?

I'll be waiting to see what this one is. Some "new" DVDs are really compilations - I hope this is new.

I'll wait, too. Her only "new" DVD that I know of is her Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles that came out in late 2011. I usually check customer reviews at both Amazon and CollegeVideo before getting any new DVDs. You can usually find out if it is really is "new" or not.

I have a lot of her workouts on my computer (I don't always have access to a DVD player!) and one that I have is also very old--big hair and spandex--and leg warmers! It's called Walk off Weight and is a total of 4 miles. It is kind of fun but is kind of cheesy with the fake living room and window!
    I'm not sure which is my favorite, though. I do them all at various times just for variety.
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Today I did Walk Away the Pounds Express Super Challenge 4 Miles. I liked that it went straight through without lowering my heart rate. The 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, which I like, reduces and increase your heart rate with each mile. It's like starting over every mile.

I just ordered a HRM today because I really want to know if I'm working within my zone.

Goal: 85 miles

Completed today (2/7) – 4 miles

Total completed – 22 miles

Left to complete – 63 miles