5 random/interesting facts about you

Options

Replies

• Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    1) I would play racquetball all day, every day if I had the time.

2) I live in a big football town (Pittsburgh), but couldn't care less about the sport. I'm a baseball guy all the way. I'd rather watch the Pirates lose a spring training game than watch the Steelers win a Superbowl.

3) My company is about to be sold, so I'll soon be looking for a job for the first time in 27 years. I'm equally excited and terrified.

4) I wish I could live on pepperoni pizza, Ruffles, French onion dip and wine.

5) Every time I see a police movie/tv show, I wish I'd have become a cop.

There ya go. That's five. And I'm off to the racquetball court. :)
  • smilewithkatherine
    Options
    1. I enjoy saving money buy using coupons, but I'm not an extreme couponer I just like to save a little bit of money when I can.
    2. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 4 years.
    3. I'm a fan of Nascar racing and I have been to three races, totally awesome.
    4. My favorite color, animal, dessert: green, dolphins, brownies
    5. I have been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    1) I have lived in Rome and have studied in Vienna
    2) I hate feet
    3) I broke my arm when I was 3 by jumping off the top of a pop-up trailer. I've been afraid of heights and falling ever since
    4) I started college as a Music Ed major (trombone, with a piano minor). After my junior year I switched to a B.A. in trombone and piano, added an Intercultural Studied major, and a German minor. I was in college for 5 years because of that :laugh: I wouldn't trade it for the world, though.
    5) I'm in a long-distance relationship. When I say long-distance, I mean it's like one of the longest distances it gets. I live in Virginia, he lives in New Zealand (18 hour time difference). We talk when I get up for work in the morning and I tell him goodnight :smile:
  • ChattyKitten
    ChattyKitten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1. I love cartoon and commercial jingles as much as normal music
    2. I'm obsessive about keeping my nails painted and pretty
    3. I LOVE CAKE! yes...THAT much!
    4. I still use Mr.Bubbles :)
    5. I am oddly more comfortable in high heels than tennis shoes...i think I have high arches or something.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1.) I love anything with peanut and chocalate mixed togethe (a.e Reeses).
    2. I love horseback riding but haven't went in probably four years.
    3.) I hate stepping on sidewalk cracks.
    4. I love my cat sometimes more than more bf lol.
    5.)I want to study microbiology.
  • BijousPalace
    Options
    1. I am hoping to marry the man (then boy) that I met in grade 5....30 years ago.
    2. I went back to school at the age of 37 to start over after a break-up, in order to support my kids.
    3. I have a soft spot for animals.
    4. I can play 6 degrees to Kevin Bacon in 2 degrees.
    5. I have almost died 4 times in my life, that I know of. Once when I was 14 and I was on a plane that crash landed on a run way. Two more times when I gave birth to my kids...the first one caused me to bleed out. Luckily I had great hospital staff that managed to get it under control. The other child cut of the exit to my bladder while I was in labor so my urine was backing up into my body. The doctor's realized it after 20 hours of excruciating pain and gave me an emergency c-section just before my bladder exploded. Lastly, after the birth of my first child I need to have my gallbladder removed. The surgeon that performed the removal didn't seal up the bile ducts properly so I began to leak bile into my body cavity and developed blood poisoning. I had to be hospitalized for 2 weeks and was hallucinating that the nurses were trying to kill me.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Very well, where do I begin?

1) My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.
    2) My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.
    3) My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
    4) My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets.
    5) When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn *kitten*, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: love this well played sir
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    Ok...Here it goes.

1. I have died twice and remember things.
    2. I have been electrocuted 2x and as a result can only play 2 of the 4 instruments i know how to play fairly well.
    3. I am a geekoid
    4. When I talk with my husband about religion it turns me on lol
    5. I got pregnant after a tubal ligation a couple times over lol
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    1) I got to carry the Olympic Torch during the Vancouver 2010 relay across Canada. I still have my torch.
    2) I have one of the flags flown from Parliament Hill, after waiting for almost 10 years on a waiting list (Parliament Hill is like Capitol Hill, and every day, the gov't changes the flag).
    3) I've seen a perfect baseball game pitched live - Chicago White Sox, July 2009, Mark Buehrle vs. Tampa Bay. Best baseball game ever. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Buehrle's_perfect_game)
    4) I met my wife on March 23, 1991 and married her 4 1/2 months later on August 9th, 1991. We are still happily married.
    5) If I could live off of just one food / liquid, it would be coffee.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    OMG YES!!!! oh but wait let me check no i do not have testicles. hahahaha

Very well, where do I begin?

1) My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.
    2) My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.
    3) My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
    4) My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets.
    5) When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn *kitten*, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: love this well played sir
  • shellyhef1
    Options
    1. I have lived in two homes my whole life (the home I grew up in, and now home is with my husband and daughter)
    2. I am a coupon addict! Not a hoarder (like on tv shows), but I love to save money!
    3. I have probably seen The Wizard of Oz 300 times during my childhood, but am afraid it will scare my daughter too much for her
    to watch it.
    4. I am a TWO time brain cancer survivor (2006 and 2010), and I am currently in perfect health!
    5. I would love to open my own bakery. (Not too good for dieting...)
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1. I can sing
    2. I love to decorate cakes, but don't care to eat them!
    3. We have 5 children, and we only get a night alone about 3-5 times a year! How we don't go insane, I do not know...lol!
    4. I set up til around 3am every night
    5. I love me some Vampire movies!
  • Jonese84
    Jonese84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. My favorite color is BLUE like my hubby's and my sons eyes.
    2. I think 90% of the fun is vacationing is the road trip that takes you there.
    3. I like to clean, it is a stress reducer.
    4. I LOVE chinese food
    5. My first concert was Blink- 182
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I 'm a a natural pink,
    I love baking cakes and biscuits and giving them away,
    I'm a cat person, can't abide the sickly way dogs look at you,
    I love Leonard Cohen
    I retrained as a teacher in my 30's and it's the best job in the world.
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    1) I have a phobia of public transport, and find it difficult to so much as go and ask for a ticket.
    2) If I could choose one food and drink to live off for the rest of my life, it would be chocolate peanuts and strawberry Yazoo.
    3) I've known one of my friends since the minute I was born.
    4) All my names together mean "all-embracing, universal Scottish princess of love".
    5) I have flown before. (When I was 16, me and my friends were at a park and decided to muck about on the roundabout. One particular friend decided it would be hilarious to spin the roundabout as fast as they could - about the equivalent of, I don't know, 500mph, or so it felt. Can you guess what happened yet? It was going so fast that I was flung over the bars and over the bench which was quite a distance away, so it was actually pretty impressive. However, snapping my ankle between the bars on take off might not have been the most fun part...)
  • ttshu11
    ttshu11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. I Love the smell of old, musty books
    2. I Love and collect snowmen, stars and scarves
    3. I have OCD... the clock is my demon!
    4. I am a licensed hairdresser
    5. My husband spoils me rotten and I love it!
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mine as liffr bliw disxelic
    i live on the beach, love to surf but we never have any waves(its personal torture)
    i cant stand heights,cant go into see through lifts or escalators, but i have sky dived, based jumped and take every opportunity to fly, helicopter and go up mountains.
    i own a jaguar, gemini-ii and a dave mustaine pre-amp and the thing i want the most is the thing i'm never going to have.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. i climbed to the top of ben nevis n couldnt walk for 3 days after.
    2. i did a 26 mile sponsered walk in my bra for breast cancer.
    3. i am affectionately known as mamar polly by my 3 grandchildren.
    4.i went camping in the snow, like a fool.
    5. im addicted to brown sauce.
  • nucgirl
    Options
    1. I have a hairless cat named Louie
    2. I dream that one day Andy Capp Hot Fries will be calorie free.
    3. I work with radioactive material on a daily basis
    4. I am a die hard Jeff Buckley fan.
    5. My BFF is my daughter: She's 17.
  • CleminoleTech
    CleminoleTech Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. I think I am the funniest person ever, my girls roll their eyes when I say that. LOL
    2. I'm trying to find the strength and courage to start my own business.
    3. I think in another life I was Asian! I love their cultures.
    4. At 47 I've learned the greatest thing to have is Peace of Mind.
    5. I love Tempura!