Real Women in Binkinis!

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    In case it gets missed somehow, I decided to post my Original Post in this thread too:
    It doesn't matter if you have five pounds to lose or fifty, you can still feel good about the person you are and the hard work you're putting toward your health! Confidence sometimes has to come from 'faking it till you make it' .... and if that means you pretend you're a beachbodied minx until you get there, so be it. I believe it was En Vogue who said, "Free your mind, and your *kitten* will follow".

Get your *kitten* in your beach gear and let's see what real women look like.

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/DSC03402.jpg[/img]
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yes it did! thank you

Here is my pic I took about 2 weeks ago.

Bikinipic.jpg
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    CIMG1352.jpg

Okay ladies, you really inspired me with this real women in bikinis topic, so here I am in a bikini - no makeup and no retouches. This is the only true bikini I have ever owned, despite the fact I once weighed 125lbs (at 5' 10")!! I bought this a few years ago when illness caused me to become a temporary size 8. I weighed 155, and wasn't confident enough to wear it. After seeing the great pics in this thread, I decided to try on the bikini. I have lost at least 19 lbs, and I don't think I look too bad in this. I would probably look better at 160 or 150, but I don't think I would scare anyone off the beach.

Hope the link to my image works...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Edit: This isn't necessary any more. The lovely lady figured it out!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I think I got it now!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    lost 19 pounds. 10 more to go :) almost thereeeeeeeeeeeee!

photo2.jpg
  • Jeffri210
    Options
    I absolutely love this discussion, because I have not even owned a bikini for about 7-8 years because of how uncomfortable I was with my weight. Hopefully this year I will feel good enough about myself to purchase, and actually wear one! This blog is so motivational I love it!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump

for later @ work now lol
  • determined136
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!! You should be SO proud:wink:
  • DanyelePalmer
    Options
    wish i looked good in a bathing suit :(
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've never owned a bikini. I'd look a lot like Kortney (sp?) but with more saggy belly flab. Not gonna happen yet. I also have two surgical scars on my belly...not sure those will ever look presentable. :P
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump so I don't have to keeo going from the first lot of pages!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot to see a lot more confidence to come................
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    <
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I forgot to take one last night, but this is from September (15 pounds ago!) and this is all I have on hand :wink:

2011-09-05%25252012.10.03.jpg

Mrs. Hot!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Since that "don't wear bikinis" thread is about to roll, I thought this one needed to be bumped.
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bump! I can't wait to check this out later- you girls keep up the good work!!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    IMAG0005-1.jpg

Not there yet... But closer than i have ever been before! :happy:

love that suit- where's it from?!?

Looking good btw!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I am SO jealous of everyone's bravery in posting their pics. I could never wear a bikini just because of my belly but I think you all look awesome and I'm proud of everyone's weight loss!

I want to go buy a new swimsuit now! Might even consider a tankini??
  • brearune
    Options
    I am SO jealous of everyone's bravery in posting their pics. I could never wear a bikini just because of my belly but I think you all look awesome and I'm proud of everyone's weight loss!

I want to go buy a new swimsuit now! Might even consider a tankini??

DO IT!! tankini's look great, and it's a great accomplishment in your weightloss journey to branch out and SHOW a little!! :D