BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wished my MFP friends! I had so much fun and all I can think about is "when can I do it again?" lol I really feel like a different person then I was before this journey began and I feel lucky to have the support of so many wonderful people. MFP is a great site and the MFP community is a great one, but I am so glad that I am a part of this team. Your like a second family to Beth and I and we love you guys! lol

Thought I would throw up a pic and a vid for my non facebook fitness pals.

013-3.jpg

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq144/spyguy7540/?action=view&current=026.flv

It was so much fun and while I don't have my official time yet I know it was between 27:00 and 28:00.

Anyhoo, gonna spend some quality fathers day time with my little guys. I'll check back in later!

:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    sighhhhhhhh-- awesome-- just freakin' awesome--

You made me cry all over again--

Congrats-- have a great day--

Love to all--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Love to all--

seriously......:sad: :sad:

Oh and no baby daddy issues for Springer with those boys........they look JUST like daddy!! :laugh:

I feel like a proud momma!!

Kisses to Beth too!! You guys are what couples should be all about!! :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Way to go Andrew!!!

So I am back from my bike ride! It was hot but it felt dry. So it wasn't so bad. Parts of the trail felt hotter then other parts but I made sure I brought a bottle of water and a bottle of what M likes to call aggergrade(gaterade)!:laugh: :laugh: Rode my little heart out 16 miles in 90 minutes. I passed a family walking 3 times!:bigsmile:

Then I bummed myself out and stepped on the scale when I got home and it was the same weight as it was when I left.:grumble: :grumble: I know that my muscles need to relax but I burned at least 1226 calories!

I lowered my calorie intake to lose 1.5 pounds a week since I am burning all these calories I haven't been able to come close to eating even half of them so we shall see what that does to my body!

Gonna go watch frosty the snowman with M!! Yes I know weird!but she wouldn't watch anything else!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Way to go Andrew!!!

So I am back from my bike ride! It was hot but it felt dry. So it wasn't so bad. Parts of the trail felt hotter then other parts but I made sure I brought a bottle of water and a bottle of what M likes to call aggergrade(gaterade)!:laugh: :laugh: Rode my little heart out 16 miles in 90 minutes. I passed a family walking 3 times!:bigsmile:

Then I bummed myself out and stepped on the scale when I got home and it was the same weight as it was when I left.:grumble: :grumble: I know that my muscles need to relax but I burned at least 1226 calories!

I lowered my calorie intake to lose 1.5 pounds a week since I am burning all these calories I haven't been able to come close to eating even half of them so we shall see what that does to my body!

Gonna go watch frosty the snowman with M!! Yes I know weird!but she wouldn't watch anything else!

honey come here............a bit closer......WHACK upside the head!!!!!!!

You have got to know that you retain fluid when you work out like that. Like when I walk, my wedding rings get super tight and if my shows leave marks if I work out more than 20 minutes. Your muscles swell up, just like when you hurt something........because you are tearing muscle.

I hope I explained well...........I am not good with the medical stuff.

I bet if you weigh tomorrow morning you will be down a pound!!

Man, I still cant believe you rode 90 in this heat. I walked 35 and was dripping buckets when I got back home!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Love to all--

[/quote]

WTG Andrew! Happy Father's Day!
  • jimswmn
    Options
    000203E1.gif

000203BA.gif

They do look like they are having a bit to much fun...LOL
  • jimswmn
    Options

Bobbi-Sorry for the confusion lady! Congrats on your 5K!! That's a great pic of you too! Great job!

Thanks!!:heart:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the results, I dint see them? Not that it matters that much I didnt lose anything but I like to see what everyone is doing!!!! This week will be better I promise. For me anyways..
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Andrew - Happy Father's Day! And way to go on the 5K! P.S. Your boys are adorable!

Congrats to all you crazy-calorie-burning people! Sometimes I get tired just reading the thread!

Dave is changing my oil now and then we're going to Wal*Mart to look at bikes. He said they have a purple one. :love: I've been reading about all you "bikers" and I really want to ride. I haven't ridden a bike in probably 15 years.

Harley didn't sleep well last night. She woke up at least every half hour and she was warm. She got warmer as the night went on until at 3:30am she was at 104. I know 101 is normal but I didn't know how high is dangerously high so I called the emergency doctor call line and he said give her baby Tylenol and fluids. We had her sleep with us the rest of the night and today she's been between 99 and 101.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I don't think I got it out! Here it is!

Presentation1-2.jpg
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day and Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all are having a great day. We slept in this morning and went to get our daughter and we all spent the early part of the evening cutting limbs and weeding the flower beds. In 2 hours I burned 582 calories weeding them. After supper I am going to get my walk in. I'm hoping it cools down some. I have been resting for about an hour and my shirt still hasn't dried yet! It is so hot and humid out there and not too sure what the actual temperature is. I will catch you all later!

Andrew-Congrats on your 5K!!

Lori-I hope you find a bike that you like. Do you know I just realized that the bike I picked out for myself that I have had for a few years is a man's bike? But it's a nice one anyway!

Lori-It's awesome that you hit your 5000 calories burned mark! Congrats to you girl! You are my hero! I set mine up for like 3 20 minutes sessions a week which isn't very many calories and I have been blowing them away but nothing like how you have done! Great job lady!
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello black team!!!!! I just wanted to say that i :heart: the way everyone compliments and encourages everyone else on here....it's really nice to hear someone say "good job", "way to go", "don't give up", or "that's awesome"! Being a stay at home mom...alot of times we get left out and not thanked or complimented enough....so thanks, everyone for being so nice:flowerforyou:

JEANNIE- thank you....and it's been 7 days with no donuts.....lol, really i'm startin to not even miss them:bigsmile: ....oh...and...um...the pics are hilarious.....i was rotfl my behind off!!!!!!!!

MARLA- i can pass up the chocolate donuts.....it's the powered bavarian cream ones that always get me

LORI- congrats on the 5,173 burned calories....and i think you are very smart....in the way that you know to listen to what your body is tellin ya....that is very cool

RENAE- omg....so humid, sticky and HOT!! thank heavens we got central air:bigsmile:

SAM- WOW! 16 miles in 90 minutes is amazing.....don't bum about the scale thing...i'm sure it will be different tomorrow....i can always scale-sit for ya:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ANDREW- WOO-HOO on the 5K....totally cool....and omg how adorable are those precious lil boys!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

i'm so sorry my posts are long...lol...i try to get everyone in at once...if i missed you...have a great Sunday!!!!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    SAM- WOW! 16 miles in 90 minutes is amazing.....don't bum about the scale thing...i'm sure it will be different tomorrow....i can always scale-sit for ya:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah right the last time I went with out my scale I gained 2 pounds! I am learning that what the scale says is only important on wednesdays!:laugh: :wink: :laugh:

I have ate 426 of my exercise calories and I am eating dessert so yeah I think I might be ok. Dinner was a bit much but it was good and we used a pepper from M's garden. She has a pepper and 2 cucumbers and 2 cantaloupes! I'm so proud of her.
  • renae77
    Options
    Sam-way to go on your bike ride! That is soooo totally awesome!! There's no wonder you are looking so great! You are a great team leader and I think you are doing great without your scale! Way to go girl!

April-Everyone on our team is so amazing and I love how they keep everyone's motivation up and going. It's also great that you have done so well without Donuts. I love Krispy Kreme's glazed donuts and sometimes the white powdered donuts but I do try to stay away from them myself. I think they are the devil! :devil:

Have a great evening ya'll! I gotta clean up the kitchen since supper is over and get my butt outside and walk walk walk!!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Well guys official results are in for my 5k!

Place # 467-out of 1300
    Finish Time: 27:13
    Pace: 8:46

I'll take 467th in a race of over 1,300. Now to work on getting faster!

:drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Place # 467-out of 1300

27 minutes is fan FREAKIN tastic!! Great Job!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Quick check in, guys. Still feeling very cruddy. Didn't work out at all this weekend, and I had given myself permission to eat all I wanted. However, not feeling well so that didn't happen.

Andrew, so proud of you. You look great. The boys are adorable, you two made perty babies!

Lori, you are a machine! Sam, you too.

April, thanks for coming out today --sorry I was a lousy hostess.
  • renae77
    Options
    Well my workout was pretty good today.
    Yard work-2 hours and 10 minutes-582 calories burned
    Badminton-1 hour-504 calories burned
    Walking-30 minutes-274 calories burned
    Not too shabby I don't suppose! I hope you all had a great day! Back to work tomorrow so I will miss a lot of the posts but I will catch up when I get home. Have a great night and a great Monday too! I :heart: :heart: my Black Team!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Place # 467-out of 1300

Great job! :drinker: (That's water. :bigsmile: )