THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 20!!

Options

Replies

• cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

adopt4...About salads...I've started making up extra salad, in case I get the munchies in the evening. It seems to help. And for me, the bonus is that I get to "munch" in front of the TV, guilt-free.

I'm needing a very quiet day today. The reunion, plus a beach outing yesterday, did me in. Too much sun and fun, I guess. And tomorrow is more tests...

So wishing everyone a good day, and now I'm going to rest.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    I got up this moring and did my work out with a house guest here! I'm proud of me! Any how I hope you are having a great week. I did father's day with the in-laws such nice people but I too went a little over but I'll just be a little conservative today to make up for it. I find that denying myself food only makes things worse. I just try to stop and thin am I really hungery or is it just time to eat or something else like nerves or bordom, it that's the case I try really hard to do something else.

Any how got to go full day planned with my friend
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...

I'm going to change up things...

Yesterday at my parents my niece, sister and daughter in law (who looks amazing, she's lost about 50 lbs) in 3 months.. We've decided to meet up for a walk 3 days a week, Mon - Wed - Fri -... Tues and Thurs will be strength days that we will do on our own.. I need to get out of the house and just change up.. The weather is nice, no rain finally. I will not be working out in the mornings unless I decide to add my treadmill.. This morning I've been just planning, already ate breakfast and going to have to get ready for work soon.. I've been finding out that 1 day I am motivated and then the next I'm bored.. Its really time for a change...

Happy Monday all...

I'm still tired...:yawn:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was trying to set the scene before and fell asleep so now I am going to cut to the serious part.

I WALKED A MARATHON - 26 MILES IN TWELVE HOURS AND WALKED 30 MILES IN 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES. i HAD ONE FOURTY MINUTE BREAK AND BREAKS ALL NIGHT ADDED UP TO PROBABLY AN HOUR

The only person to walked more than me in the entire park is a 14 year old kid and he walked and ran 33 miles. The next person was a girl who walked with me for 23 miles. After I found I was closed to a marathon - this was at 24 miles, I pushed myself hard. Several times during the night I pictured you all on the side lines cheering me on and then us all walking arm in arm across the finish line. I could see all your faces so visibly and hear you cheering. I thought of your family members throughout the night.

Theonly thing I would do differently next time is to pace myself during the heat of the day time instead of walking so fast then slowing down when it got cooler and having to add the big push at the end.

Thank you for taking time to read this and cheering me on. I am totally happy with having done this, the results, and the emotions during the race. The results might be better the next one cause I will learn from my mistakes. Again this race was from 4:30 PM sATURDAY TO 6 AM Sunday.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My weekend was just ok, yesterday was rough.
    I wanted to say hello...my boss is off this weekend so I am preparing for a very stressful work week.
    So I gave up diet soda and crystal light when I started my weight loss journey...I had read a lot about aspartame and realized how addicted I had become to that stuff! Now if I need caffeine I will drink a regular soda but other than that water or milk. I have these bubbly waters with dinner sometimes and friday night was ready the bottle and there is said "aspartame" - I was soooo mad! here was thinking I was doing something good and I never realized it was in that! They it was in my jello...geez! I guess I am going to have to make sure I read the ingredients in addition to reading the nutritional facts.
    Li4g- WTG on non smoking! Same thing to you April! That is a huge accomplishment and you both should feel proud!

Jamie:happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    crazyb - don't skip meals because you went over calories. Just eat good stuff for your meals and do the best you can to keep the calories down while still giving your body what it needs. My hubby gained over 100 pounds by eating one meal a day, thinking he was doing a good thing.... It takes awhlie to realize how much you can and cannot eat, so don't get yourself down by not doing it perfectly in the beginning. You'll learn, and you'll get better faster. It does help to log ahead of time for the day - so at night, log in meals for the next day, and you can see if you need to adjust things or add a snack or whatnot. That really worked for me in the beginning, so I wasn't halfway thru my day and suddenly out of calories because I accidentally made a wrong choice. And of course for special days - sometimes we just have to live a little.

I hurt my back I think on Sat, although it was sore the weak before, I think I tweaked it putting my son to bed (lifted him up wrong) and then on Sat cleared out the closet to get to the crawl space, whacked my head a good one on the stairs, and tweaked my back. So it's really stiff and sore today. Will ask my trainer (since it's a trainer day) to help with exercises for that rather than our regular "kick your butt into next week" stuff. I have problems with my hips shifting so one leg is longer than the other, and it gets sore, but it doesn't quite feel like that's what I did. That problem has gotten tons better since I started strengthening my core, which makes me very happy. I HATE the chiro... well not him personally, just what he has to do to me.

How many times can one brother tell the other to "shush" and the reply is "bleah".. 36...37...38.... when does school start?????
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Lisa- so proud of you and your accomplishments. Don't even think about beating yourself up for your nourishment during the walk. We just won't allow it=) Your a rock star!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    SO.. i get up about a 1/2 hour ago and as Im coming down the stairs I see something strange hanging out the window by the front door. Im half asleep, but I open the door and....

Shock.gif

There is enough charmin strewn across my porch, across the lawn, around the vehicles to wipe the butts of a small army. Boy was I stomper.gif My oldest has a thing going with a couple friends at church and last weekend they TPd the youth directors house, so Im pretty sure it was either retaliation or her and her friends did it themself thinking it would be funny since shes at her dads for a week. I called her dad and asked him if she went out last night. He said, yeah.. she went out with friends and got home late, so i told him what happened and he was like "ohhhhh boy... let me get her for you" (see, even HE knows it was probably her.. lol) Of course.. she was all " I'm thangel-smiley-5128.gif, I dont know who would do that" to which I replied..."Well unless you want to be GROUNDED for the summer, you better figure out WHO did it and have them come clean it up, cuz if I have to clean it up... SOMEONE IS GONNA PAY!!" I got off the phone with her and stewed for a while, then I went out and picked up all the TP and brought it in and TPd her bedroom and boy did I get creative!!! In fact, Im thinking that adopt4 should come over and help me TP it even more... just for laughs!! Having Teens is a BLAST!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    jerry.gif Dont anyone mess with momma when she hasnt at LEAST had her caffiene yet. :laugh:

Morgolis just left to "go buy a pack" and asked me if I wanted one...:mad: I told him "Nope, Im all good" :happy: Im gonna eat breakfast, get my coffee and head to the track to run. THEN Im goin to get a hair cut and ponder more ways to decorate her room with buttwipe.. :wink:..she dont know who shes messin with!! :devil:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Morning team!! How is everyone? Lisa, thanks for your kind words. But, really - its all you girl. Seriously. you rock! I kind of get how you feel - its like rediscovering life, and finding it in color for the first time. Its glorious, and sometimes terrifying, but who would trade it for anything less??? So, keep up the good work, and don't stop sharing your feelings.

Well, gang, This week is the end of the biggest loser contest at work. I have managed to lose 80n lbs since February 17. I am happy as peach pie about that. I am gonna be ticked if I don't win, but I will still be stremely happy about the new life thing I have going on.

You guys and gals have been such a big part of my success here. Can't thank you enough. And, since I still need to lose about 200 lbs, don't quit! Well, gotta get myself off to work. Take care all. Love you!
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    SO.. i get up about a 1/2 hour ago and as Im coming down the stairs I see something strange hanging out the window by the front door. Im half asleep, but I open the door and....

Shock.gif

There is enough charmin strewn across my porch, across the lawn, around the vehicles to wipe the butts of a small army. Boy was I stomper.gif My oldest has a thing going with a couple friends at church and last weekend they TPd the youth directors house, so Im pretty sure it was either retaliation or her and her friends did it themself thinking it would be funny since shes at her dads for a week. I called her dad and asked him if she went out last night. He said, yeah.. she went out with friends and got home late, so i told him what happened and he was like "ohhhhh boy... let me get her for you" (see, even HE knows it was probably her.. lol) Of course.. she was all " I'm thangel-smiley-5128.gif, I dont know who would do that" to which I replied..."Well unless you want to be GROUNDED for the summer, you better figure out WHO did it and have them come clean it up, cuz if I have to clean it up... SOMEONE IS GONNA PAY!!" I got off the phone with her and stewed for a while, then I went out and picked up all the TP and brought it in and TPd her bedroom and boy did I get creative!!! In fact, Im thinking that adopt4 should come over and help me TP it even more... just for laughs!! Having Teens is a BLAST!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    jerry.gif Dont anyone mess with momma when she hasnt at LEAST had her caffiene yet. :laugh:

Morgolis just left to "go buy a pack" and asked me if I wanted one...:mad: I told him "Nope, Im all good" :happy: Im gonna eat breakfast, get my coffee and head to the track to run. THEN Im goin to get a hair cut and ponder more ways to decorate her room with buttwipe.. :wink:..she dont know who shes messin with!! :devil:

lol, how about some preperation H wipes and some pads that are unpealed and stuck to the wall=)
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yessssss! I LOVE a good throw-down with teenagers!!! My daughter and I once used an entire roll of fishing line "webbing" my sons room! That stuff was EVERYWHERE:laugh: :laugh: Our children seem to forget that we've "been there, done that" and that we have smarter friends than they do and those friends help us come up with allllll sorts of devious little schemes!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Team

LI4G - Congratulations onthe quit smoking. It has to be hard when both spouses trying quitting at the same time. I am trying to listen to two real good friends go through quitting together.

Kristi - Good - Luck on contest. YHou are doing wonderful girl. Keep up the good work.

Adopt4 - Take it easy with that back girl. Glad the trainer is there to help.

Cyndeebee - hope you have a good rest day. Glad you had a wonderful weekend

Manda- WTG exercising with company.

Prayerfful and Jamie - thank you for your comments

Nitag - It is so nice to have a walking partner. I do this sometimes when I want to slow my walk down but if I am walking to take away frustations I walk by myself so I can power walk.

Lazy day here gang. Body coming back around to being normal. Put in 42 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds tapes. Slept good and just enjoyed the day. I will say Good Night now but have a little bit of time before work.
  • lulubar
    Options
    Indianagranny ~ You have been close to my heart all weekend! I am so VERY proud of your walk and I am in complete and total AWE at your stamina and perseverence! :love: :heart: :love: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:

What a leader you are and what an inspiration and what a friend to all of us! You're the best of the best! I am proud to be on THE Team with you!!!!!!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    lol, how about some preperation H wipes and some pads that are unpealed and stuck to the wall=)

136194002.gif

Dont have the wipes but i DO have the pads.

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna freak when she gets home on Friday. Ive got 4 more whole days to keep decorating. Why get mad when you can get even?

pity.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Yessssss! I LOVE a good throw-down with teenagers!!! My daughter and I once used an entire roll of fishing line "webbing" my sons room! That stuff was EVERYWHERE:laugh: :laugh: Our children seem to forget that we've "been there, done that" and that we have smarter friends than they do and those friends help us come up with allllll sorts of devious little schemes!

OMG.. fishing line??? WOW!! Now THATS getting creative!!!!! Might have to check the tacklebox and see if I have a spool of that in there.....

You :devil: you lulu... I LOVE IT!!!!
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    LI4G - make sure you take some pictures :laugh: would love to see what you come up with!!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Okay, I finally caught up on all the posts for the last three days...

Pawprint and LI4G - WTG on giving up the smokes! Your lungs thank you and I am proud of you! And Pawprint - glad to have you on the team.

Healthymom! Holy moly woman!!!! 30 pounds!!!! Super happy dance for you!!!!:bigsmile:

Adopt4 - that is HYSTERICAL about your son and LI4G's kitties! LMAO! So, you've got a sick sense of humor like me!!!:huh: :laugh:

Crazybee- Welcome the THE Team! Any friend of LI4G's is a......... well, a little suspicious:laugh:

Cyndeebee ~ glad your reunion was a good time! I have the same issue as you - I'm 5'2" and very short waisted - I LOVE low rise jeans and capris because they actually fit at my waist! Give them a try!

Lorann ~ Yayyyy for you for making the whole family a healthier bunch! Good job! Wayward panties, eh? :huh: Interesting:laugh:

Manda ~ exercising when you have company??? Now your just talkin' crazy!!!:laugh: Good job!

Anita - a walking team? What a great idea - exercise AND socialize! The ultimate in multi-tasking!

Jamie - good for you for avoiding aspertame - I try to avoid it too. I hear Coke is supposed to be coming out with drinks made with Stevia - I wish they'd hurry it up!

Prayerfulmom ~ how was your weekend??? And what are your goals for this week? mmmmppah! (that's a kiss for your cheek)

Kristi~ Here's a big fluffy wish that your week is peaceful, productive, and fulfilling! :heart:

Sheila - So glad you found peace with your son. Hope all your doc appointments go well!

Okay, I'm all caught up I think ~

later gaters
    lulu:heart:
  • JaimeDawn
    JaimeDawn Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, My name is Jaime Dawn and I am about two days new to this site and would love to join this team.

I am a mother of five, a wife, full time student and lover of the lord. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and am tired of failing; this time I will be succeesfull at getting fit and healthy!

I have much work to do and am excited to get started!:happy:

TTFN, Jaime Dawn
    100215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jamie. I've been here 3 days. Trying to adjust to measuring food and logging it. It's amazing to me how many calories I was going over before. This seems to be a great group of women. Good luck to you.

To the group. A little about me. I am 50 yrs old and have 4 kids, all out of the house but one. I have 1 grand daughter. I come from a long line of big women and I hate it. I've always struggled with weight and always been put down within my family growing up for it. So self esteem is low. I jut want to feel good and look better. I have fibromyalgia and have put on a lot of weight (50lbs to be exact) in the last year. Excercising is a struggle for me right now, but I can walk around the block!

I hope to get to know you all and rejoice in your victories!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome, JaimeDawn...

Wow! Another one of us fibromyalgia people. Me, too, CrazybeeRX. I'm still trying to adapt to it. (And, of course, the weight gain.)

I want to see pictures, too! You realize, of course, that my daughter is preteen, so quickly reaching that age where she thinks she can outfox an old fox. Not happening. She's still sweet and demure right now, but having worked (primarily) with teen girls all my life, I'm pretty sure that I'm up for any challenge. And I do expect them...

I used to think that people were CRAZY when they said that teen boys were easier than girls, but my thinking has changed. My son never gave me a sleepless night. Good as gold. No drugs, never tried smoking, always made it home on time, nice friends...A bit of drinking underage, but nothing too earth-shattering.
    But my daughter...As sweet as she is, she's already gorgeous! Tall, slender, blonde...
    I'm losing sleep just thinking about how I'm going to keep the boys at bay.

Anyway, I think it's early bed for me. Tomorrow is my only appointment this week. Yeehaw!
    But...I have to get busy with the art. The store manager called me today...and...I'm going to be the Featured Artist this month! Big display in the front window for the month of July. Exciting!
    But I'd better start getting creative this week...