40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    40 is the new 30 , Wanted to stop in say Hello, I'm a Personal Trainer fromToronto Canada, 41 Feb 18th. I guess welcome to the 40+ sandlot, if i throw sand at you means i like you ;)
  • MaureenA77
    Options
    HI All! I hope you don't mind if I hang out here! I am 42 and have 64lbs to lose as my first goal. Ultimately I would love to lose 80, but lets face it, I have three kids and three c-sections behind me so I will take the 64. I have lost and gained many times before but now is the time since my child bearing days are done. Don't want to be a fat mom anymore. You are all doing amazing!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Short Run Today (Lunch): 2 miles in 18 minutes. 1st mile in 10 minutes, 2nd mile in 8 minutes. Right calf has been sore the past few days, and my left knee feels a bit twingy from time to time, so decided not to go for my PR on the last mile and just do an 8mm pace. Still recovering from the 5K race last weekend me thinks.

Right before the run I did 80 pushups, spread through 5 sets with 2 minute breaks between each set.

On my lunch break right now, will try to reply to some of the posts this evening :)
  • dbsav
    dbsav Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Mid-forty-something dad here. I have been running for 20 years and pretty consistently run 500+ miles each year. I've lost 9 lbs so far and I am delighted to see my speed increase. One of my favorite parts of losing weight. I'm doing a "race to the beach" overnight relay run in May as well as a half marathon on Cape Cod. My long run this year is six so will start increasing distance each week. I love running in the winter. Feel free to "friend" me if you have similar goals. I'm still trying to get the hang of MyFitnessPal.
    ~Dave
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Hi to all you (new) cool people! And to all the people here....'cause you're cool, too!

I had a good weight-training session, today. In fact, I was TOO TIRED to complete the HIIT afterward, and I'm going to take that as a good sign. (Somewhere I read that if you can STILL manage your cardio, AFTER your weights, then you JUST AREN'T LIFTING ENOUGH WEIGHT!!)
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is so great! I've never been one of the cool kids before! Hello everyone. I'm new around here. I'm 45, married and I home school our 2 teenage boys. I just started a few days ago. I look forward to getting to know ya'll.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Finally, real grown ups :smile: 40+fantastic
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Friday and Lady Gun day :wink: Hence the new profile pic.
    I've been doing Ripped in 30 this week and Changed levels yesterday - need to take care with my form as I started rushing and pulled a little something in my back. Grr. So today, I had a high intensity race walk, going from 4 to 4.5 to 5 mph. Felt great! I am pretty pumped today. Today is also my 9 yr old daughters first swim meet! We're all so excited about it.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You ladies with the guns are impressive -- mine not so much -- I need to work on that!

Having a good week. Got my exercise in Mon, Wed, Thurs and Fri. My food has been on target as well. Finally feeling focused!

Started couch 2 5k this week -- did it before but haven't been jogging lately so thought I would do it again so I am feeling good by spring! Not sure if I could ever work up to half marathons --

Dave -- 500+ miles in a year is great. Last year a friend of mine and myself did the Avon for Breast Cancer WALK -- we didn't run, it was a walk, but we did 26.2 miles on Saturday and 13.1 miles on Sunday. Not sure how many total miles we did while training, I just know it was a lot! :smile: I couldn't even imagine running it!

Going to spinning class tomorrow morning for something different than my usual routine.

Going to make it a great weekend -- everybody do the same!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    sdereski - yep, we're off to Maui on Feb. 29!!

(PS - didn't you start weight-training in January?? It would be *very* common for the scale number to go up when you're weight-training. Can you chuck the scale - for awhile - and just gauge if your clothes are feeling looser??)

Maui! How exciting! Sounds wonderful right about now. We're in the midst of a cold snap (-35C). Bbrrrr! I DISLIKE winter :grumble:

No, I started weight training in May 2011.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Chasing kids around at ice hockey arenas and basketball arenas, today. Not sure I'll get a work-out in.

Have a great Saturday, all!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Having a snow day here in Canada just chillaxin with my 7yr old girl cuddling and watching her movies, lucky my condo has a 24hr gym on site and killed a hardcore 5am 45 H.I.T.T cardio workout on an empty stomach, im 12 weeks out from my WBFF Men's Fitness physique comp for my procard, diet is dialed in-Ty
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Time for my weekly report. (didnt have time Fri night).
    Since last Friday:
    6 days worked out.
    10.4 hrs in the gym.
    6746 calories burned.
    All Calorie goals met.

2 LB lost. and one more pair of jeans that i can fit back into (been a couple years for them).

Everyone have a great weekend.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    So, similar to last weekend, instead of doing 60 minutes of cross training, I did 11 hours of dating instead, lol. Starting to become a trend. Met for breakfast, went to the outdoor gun range (In a few months, I think she will be a better shot than me, lol), did lunch, went to a local nature park and walked around, had dinner. Dating is starting to become my favorite type of cross training :D

Needless to say, I had a very busy day, and I'm heading to bed now. So I will have to give a collective "Keep it up!" to one and all now. Night!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I like the dating, hew, GOOD JOB!

I will get 45 minutes in the gym, today, while my son is at swimming lessons. So, I'm doing 20 minutes of HIIT on the bike, and then I'll stretch for 25 minutes. Done.
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    this looks like a great place for motivation and encouragement.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great job Harlin12 - that's a great feeling. I am trying to get into a pair of jean shorts from 20 years ago (yes, I still have them :smile: ! I can get them up but not buttoned!

Welcome licia67!

I did a spinning class yesterday and it was a killer! My butt hurts today! It was a lot of fun though -- although my bodymedia said I only burned 392 calories in an hour -- I was bummed, it honestly felt like 600 calories!

I was going to walk 6 miles today outside but we had some snow and the roads were snowy and icy so I opted for the treadmill indoors for 4 miles!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am a 40+ and new to the site would like to be part of you group not sure what I need to do :-)
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I have the flu but feeling better a little congested. This am morning completed, No More Trouble Zones, walk w/ hubby 6 miles, and 35 minutes elliptical. Tomorrow is half way done with February and shooting for 106 lbs, which I will not make it but hoping for Wednesday!

Keep up the great motivation level and great spirits in staying focus!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am a 40+ and new to the site would like to be part of you group not sure what I need to do :-)

Just be yourself!

Just back from taking the kiddies to the mouse's house. Getting back into the swing of things had a nice run this morning!