40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Happy Valentines Day to all of you! :heart: Successfully avoided the frosted sugar cookies at work today...YEA!!!!! Had a great long weekend. Took off work Friday thru Monday and took off for our cabin...lots of snowshoeing and sledding, then Monday headed up to the local ski resort and skied most of the day. Only my second time sking in my life...took my kids 11 and 7 (their first time) along with the hubby and we all had a great day! Sunny and I swear it felt like there were only 10 other pople on the slopes! Back to work today which is always a bit of a let down but it must be done!

Great to see everyones posts. Umpire 7lbs in one week.....in my dreams! Scuba mom..I weigh Tues and Saturdays ONLY...keeps me on task but not freaking out over ever little thing.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week! :flowerforyou:
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members!!! :drinker: Of course we have room for more!!!! The more the merrier!!! :laugh:

Going to try this again... my first reply was lost in cyber space or something. lol

Thank you! I can't believe it's been 10 days since I've opened this post though. Oops!

Hello everyone! I am inspired by all of you, so I think I should check-in more often! I'm currently doing a 3-mile walking workout with weights via DVD 2x/wk and the 30 Day Shred followed by a 1-mile walking workout without weights 4x/wk. It works for me right now, but I would like to incorporate the C25K soon.

Time for sleep... see you tomorrow! :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: cndrlla, you are doing great. Wow, a lot of exercising !!!!

:flowerforyou: crew, I fell to the temptation of a frosted cookie at work. But, I stopped at one. The chocolates I got last night are a different story.

:flowerforyou: scuba, I also have trouble staying away from the scales. I find that if I weigh everyday, I will know right away if I am heading in the wrong direction.

:flowerforyou: Annette, sorry to hear of your foot pain. Take it easy and let it heal. Doing Zumba with pain is not any fun.

I missed my classes last night because my husband was 20 minutes late picking me up from work. But, he had a good reason....he was off buying me flowers and candy.:heart:
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm going for some retail therapy today, i need shoes, shopping should be a sport-Ty
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    alf - a sprain?? I missed what happened....so, what happened??

I hate shopping, Ty....you can do all mine for me!

Today it's heavy lifting. Yay!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Beeps, I also don't care much for shopping. But, it can be fun if I am shopping for a smaller size. My teen daughters love to shop, though. So, I have to go along at times.

I am so wanting to get to the Gym tonight. No excuses !!!!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am apparently clueless, I would love to join the 40+ club but have no idea how to do it or if it is as simple as posting/replying to something in the group.....
  • cndrlla
    Options
    Swiss ~ I get addicted to it after about 2 weeks, but I love it! :smile:
  • cndrlla
    Options
    I am apparently clueless, I would love to join the 40+ club but have no idea how to do it or if it is as simple as posting/replying to something in the group.....

Yep :smile: Just join in the discussion. Btw, happy to have you here!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....I just joined by starting to post. No secret there!

I had a good work-out. I ate ZERO protein bars or shakes, today (I think that's 4 days in a row! Seems like I'm building a solid plateau to make this a PERMANENT habit.)

Oh, and I got head-hunted!! So, that's flattering!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone-

Just wanted to sat "Hello" to everyone. I have been making time for my workouts and my family. I hope you are all well too

Cara
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I'm going for some retail therapy today, i need shoes, shopping should be a sport-Ty

It isn't? :tongue:
    all this time, I thought it was. It is in my book! :laugh:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    48 years old and 30 pounds to lose. I'm at it again starting today. I go on spurts, lose weight, then gain it back. Hopefully, this time, it won't come back. Add me as a friend if you wish. I need all the support I can get.
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. Best shape of my life. Lost 72 pounds. Dropped body fat from 27.5 down to 6.3 %. Could not have done it and still couldn't do it if I didn't account for my food every day using my fitness pal!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday. I had a good day, but was nothing special for me, other than a few cuddles with my beautiful granddaughter.
    Had a long, busy day at work, but had a great workout. Did an hour of strength training and then a 6 mile treadmill run.

Welcome newbies! :flowerforyou:

Have a great night all.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    was a good day Dr happy with lose of weight and even adjusted my BP meds, guess the work is paying off. :happy:
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    Just found this thread and since I'm turning 40 at the end of this year I hope I can join you all!

I'm not trying to lose weight but am trying to stay healthy. I suffered from a stroke last June (very scary) due to a heart defect, which docs now say is due to my pregnancies. Apparently my body attacks my heart when I'm pregnant, as in an auto immune response. So I went from a super fit (I did a half ironman 3 years ago, been a long distance runner since I was 20, etc. etc.) to being told by my cardiologist that I am not to do anything that would stress my heart out, including no cardio. Let me tell you how lucky you all are to be able to exercise. So many see it as a punishment, but to me, what I loved to do so passionately was taken from me just like that. In fact, the day I had the stroke, I was still high from an interval workout at the track that I did just 2 hours prior.

Anyway, didn't mean to write a book. I went from eating about 4000 calories a day to about 1500, since the only activity I'm doing is an hour of Pilates 5 times a week. Luckily, my body adjusted very well; I am not nearly as hungry as before, when I used to work out 2-3 hours a day. I never used to track what I eat, b/c I never had to, but since discovering MFP, I've been finding it quite informative to keep a food diary.

Sorry for the long intro!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome luvmypwds. I am so sorry that you can't exercise. That is a terrible feeling. I had to stop exercising for a while during an injury and then an accident. We just don't feel right with sitting around. I hope that the doctors can do something for you to help your heart condition.

Bagman, congrats on the weight lose and having to take fewer meds.

Wow, we have several new people here. Wonderful...the more the merrier !!!:heart:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi all!

Today is a HIIT on the bike/stretching day. I'll drop in later and see how everyone is doing!
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options

:flowerforyou: scuba, I also have trouble staying away from the scales. I find that if I weigh everyday, I will know right away if I am heading in the wrong direction.

I find this works REALLY well in maintenance but not-so-great during the losing phase.

Had a great V-day....hubby brought home a SMALL (4 serving) red velvet cake for the girls and a beautiful native american painting (similar to one I had admired) for me (and our new house, under construction). I did not indulge in any cake and really did not miss it. Looking for a good weigh in tomorrow.