Angry Deleted Fitness Pals?

Options

Replies

• nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was deleted recently by someone and not sure why. I commented frequently on their posts, I even joined a challenge that they started but I guess I wasn't good enough? I know they were very religious, and I'm not, but I'm not sure that was a reason. I did send a message because I was confused but I wasn't mean about it, and I never did get a reply back. I don't see why people would get mad though unless it's a RL friend or something.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That stinks!

I've deleted a few who signed up, asked for friends, and then didn't seem to ever get on again. I'm not too trigger happy-- if it's a week or two of not signing on, I suspect vacation first, lack of conviction second. If it stretches beyond three weeks, then I may give them the boot.

Can't imagine someone getting mad about that, though.
  • heathero76
    heathero76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Really?? :huh:
    Ugh, life's way too short for needless junior high drama. Put on your big girl panties (or big boy underoos) and move on!

I'm not the best rah rah cheerleader so I really choose not to have too many friends. If asked, I'll tell you how it is ... good or bad. I'll say congrats when something is great. Or give advice as necessary. Some folks need more than that, so if I'm not meeting that need, then please defriend me...no love lost. (I'm not trying to sound harsh...just matter of fact)

--Don't sweat the petty stuff... and for god's sake...don't pet the sweaty stuff! :bigsmile:

Girl, I LOVE your comments. You must have a great sense of humor!
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone and got hate mail. My situation was someone ranting on her status whining about me deleting her then making up all kinds of crap about me so that her friends would send me hate mail. She, herself, never sent me anything though.

This is very strange to me. Why would someone care?
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've gotten deleted by a couple of people........I just figure they have their reasons.
  • ThereWillBeBeautyfrompain
    Options
    maybe u should say what u want out of your friends in your about me due to pickiness
    Wow, isn't it something that when you delete pals that just don't have a good connection with you and they turn and send you hate messages? It's it something that they go out of their way to secretly make a hate statuses about you? Isn't it something how they are still able to follow your journey and make side way comments discounting what you have done? I only keep pals that go hard in the gym or at with at home working outs, are seriousm able their clean eating, and exchange mega support back and forth. If you post comments about inappropriate things, it's my right to not carry on in conversation or delete you if I see it fit. Yes we all share other things that goes on in our lives because through out this lifestyle/journey we will make friends; but some things are completely unnecessary. I use this site for what is was created for. I track my meals, greet and support my friends, log my workouts, share my success, give tips when I can, and try to lead by example. I've been on this site for a year now and have met many people and I'm thankful for that! I'm happy with how far I've come and cheer on those who are doing just as well; not try to shoot them down. I always give credit when it's due. I don't think it's right at all for you to follow me around through shared friends just so you can try to find something wrong which you won't so you compensate by make things up as you go; but I guess that's called free speech. I say put a little more effort into you and then you'll be happier with yourself. This is how you distinguish the pro's from the wanna be's! I only keep pro's and pro's in progress so that's why you're deleted. Good day!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Girl, I LOVE your comments. You must have a great sense of humor!

Thanks! I try to lighten things up once in a while! :flowerforyou:
  • Jannie2258
    Jannie2258 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I say she is right; and others on this site need to be mature enough to use the site for what it's meant for; to help yourself become healthier...and if u so choose, support others in their journey because we have a common thread...if you are on here to play head games and be hateful, do that somewhere else, if there IS such a place thats appropriate for that behavior(maybe a site called "The Self Haters Club" or something).

I say...YOU GO GIRL! and great job so far in your journey! If you have any helpful fitness tips for ME, I welcome them! I have rods on my spine(full length) and can't bend well, or lift my foot up to put on a sock due to balance and bending issues, but there are things I can do...I just am not knowledgible(sp?) enough on what those are...thanks for being on here, and I will support you in your endeavors in a positive way...take care! :wink: :ohwell: :frown: :laugh:
  • WolffRN
    Options
    I think you can delete whom ever you choose!! I'm on this site strictly to loose weight, not social hour! I have "met" a couple very nice people who are supportive. I dont want to be someones crisis counselor or morale support for the MULTITUDE of problems they seem to have. This is a WEIGHT LOSS support website, and that is what it should be used for. Ive seen people FREAK out because someone deleted them-seriously??

I also only have females as friends, no offense to men, but I wouldnt work out with a man at the gym either-my husband wouldnt dig it!
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I joined this website to better myself and help others! If you not doing the same, then I will delete you. I can't manage a large group of friends on here. The number of real ppl that put in hard work are very small compare to the number of ppl on here that make excuses on why they can't lose weight. I'm not trying to be a part of someone that just wants to have a large fan club! If someone doesn't like it, I don't care! To those that know me, know I take fitness serious.....that's why I'm here
  • WolffRN
    Options
    Ive only deleted people who have driven me crazy by treating it like FB or Twitter. I dont mind a lot of posts if its about food, exercise, motivation etc, but just general crap just annoys me. Ive only ever deleted 2 people. If someone has deleted me (not that ive noticed but you never know!!), then I just think that not everyone always gets along. I may annoy them! Buts its up to them, like it was up to me.

COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!!
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nobody likes rejection. They felt hurt by getting deleted. MFP should have an option to disable the status updates of selected people from appearing in your news feed like Facebook. So they are just ignored.
  • Jannie2258
    Jannie2258 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :heart: :noway: :laugh:
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    How do you know someone deleted you and who it was? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :ohwell:
    lol. I was about to ask you. Unless they message you. I have no idea how you 'd know.

I only keep a small list of friends. When I got to 60 pals, that was to much for me. Right now I only have 46 pals and I we all interact with each other. They are noticed when the aren't active. I've only been deleted twice and didn't question their reasoning's; I just kept it moving.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You honeslty believe I am worried about someone deleting me, when I got 450lbs on my back? This is the Internetz, worry about something real. For example accomplishing your fitness goals for 2012.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    That's childish! I don't know why people get their panties in a twist about it. It's an online forum. Big deal. Sure, we're "friends" on here and if that goes any further, cool beans! I'm always down to meet new people. Especially if it's to work out or get together and do something fun. Example, our Miami group. I will most likely meet those people face to face and that's fine with me. I look forward to it! BUT if someone, even if I have met them, decides they no longer need my friendship, then so be it. There loss!

While I don't delete anyone, I do keep an eye on who I add. On another forum, a girl added me, sent me a message that she was trying to get a bunch of girls from the same area to buy a pole fitness package so we could get the group rate. I was all for it. We chit-chatted back and forth for a few days, took the class, and even signed up for the next class on the same night. I thought she was cool. It turns out, she was using my information, name, username, pictures and my bio on my page to sign up for dating sites! A friend of mine who was on there saw my picture and was freaking out because he knew my boyfriend at the time. Try explaining that one to a jealous boyfriend LOL We ended up emailing the customer service people and explained to them that it wasn't me. The CSR gave me the email that was used when the person signed up. I thought it looked familiar. So the next time I went to the pole fitness class, I looked at the sign in sheet from the first class because it asks for name, number and an email to receive discounts and group coupons. Sure enough, her name, her cell, her email! So I obviously confronted her psycho *kitten* and told her she was out of her damn mind to be using my info to meet guys on the net because she didn't even REMOTELY look like me! Needless to say, she didn't come back to the classes and her IP address was blocked from Match.com.

Thank God my MFP friends are AMAZING :happy: And none have stalker, psycho like tendencies, at least from what I can tell :tongue:
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    As my journey and goals change so does my friends so I delete those who are on a totally different page than me. It makes sense to me to have pals that do similar things that I do. I do heavy strength training, practice bodybuilder on season diets, and go hard on cardio days. If you are eating what ever you want but in moderation (or so you think moderation), doing laundry and light house keeping, and logging it as a workout, We Don't relate. If you are using this as a facebook and making off the wall comments, We Don't relate. So I will delete you!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Unless they're also your friends in real life, who even cares? Some people take the internet waaaay too seriously...

Agreed. I think maybe I'm using MFP incorrectly because there is no one on my friend list (with the exception of my sister and the friend I joined with) who I know well enough or on a deep enough level to ever have an emotional stake in whether they keep me on their list or not. If they delete me, I assume...actually, I don't assume anything. It just doesn't matter.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    People really get cranky when you delete them? Wow, kudos to my friends for being drama-free, I guess! I might notice if my number of friends dropped, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to find out who. I figure if someone deletes me they have their reasons, no big deal. I'm not a heavy hitter at the gym or a big cheerleader, but I try to give kudos for a job well done and comment on a status that strikes me.

I've seen people get bashed on walls' over being deleted. In my experience, a lot of people like to throw rocks while they live in their glass house.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Crazy! If I've been deleted and noticed and its upset me, I try to send a polite message as to ascertain why. If I don't hear back, that's cool, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or get really upset and angry. So yeah, that's going too far!