ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all you CE'ers out there. I am on my last week of the Burn Phase and move into the Push Phase next week. I am seeing great results everywhere but my triceps. For those of you that are in the Push or Lean Phase, is that where you saw most of the definition come in? I am failing at 10 or 11 reps, so I know the weight is right, and it burns when I do the tricep extension, pushups and overhead tricep extension, but I still have a lot of jiggle there, but don't in my bicep area anymore. I'm hoping the next phase is where I'll see the changes!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I have a question for all you CE'ers out there. I am on my last week of the Burn Phase and move into the Push Phase next week. I am seeing great results everywhere but my triceps. For those of you that are in the Push or Lean Phase, is that where you saw most of the definition come in? I am failing at 10 or 11 reps, so I know the weight is right, and it burns when I do the tricep extension, pushups and overhead tricep extension, but I still have a lot of jiggle there, but don't in my bicep area anymore. I'm hoping the next phase is where I'll see the changes!

I am at the end of the Push phase and my upper arms are still a struggle.
    I read somewhere that diet is huge about losing weight in areas like upper arms, inner thighs, etc.
    I don't know about your food intake that is just something I read. Called for very lean diets....but that's just what I've heard.

For me, I have the muscle under there, it's just covered in fat.... I can't spot reduce fat loss so I just plug along hoping one day they'll tone up (I have some fabulous cap sleeve tops I refuse to wear because of my arm jigglage).
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Kinda nervous.... It's my birthday!
    I am doing my Burn Intervals and Abs today.... but I am nervous about the food.
    In our family it's tradition to have our favorite meal cooked (Mexican for me) and I made a yummy (not-so-bad calorie wise) German Chocolate cake.
    I just don't want to fall off the wagon (I tend to do that).

Wish me luck! :flowerforyou:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Good Luck and Happy Birthday Enjoy It!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Brile!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Enjoy!!! Don't stress so much about it!!! Eat everything you want but try to limit it as much as possible. Don't go for seconds and eat small portions. And if you fall off pick yourself up and move on....tomorrow is another day.

Jiggle, I don't think we can get rid of all of it. My arms are kinda cut, people comment on how they see every muscle on my arms but I still have the jiggle when I wave. As Brile said, try to eat a leaner diet as much as possible and as much as you can go heavy on your weights. And the push and lean phases will have tougher exercises that will make a difference. In the lean phase you will do tricep pushups!!! :noway:

I did lean 2 and extreme abs this morning. Felt great!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Alright, if you guys don't seem me post tomorrow.... track me down and drag me back.
    :laugh:

Have a great day!
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    Jamie, I am sorry about your injury. That is my worst nightmare!! How did it happen? Do you know? I hope you recuperate soon.

When I finish the lean phase I will do the maintenance one, not sure if that is what its called. And then we will see. I don't think I will do another round CE back to back. Maybe in the future. I really want to try P90X or Cathe STS. I've heard it is really good. I definitely do not want to lose the strength and muscle shape I have gained doing CE.

Take care! :flowerforyou:

Thanks guys. I don't really know how it happened. I have a pretty bad case of scoliosis that I had corrective surgery for when I was 13. That may have something to do with it, I'm not sure yet.
    I've been dealing with some leg and foot numbness for about a year and a half, then really severe pain set in about 8 weeks ago. I was trying to ignore it and cover it up with lots of Advil, but it continually got worse until I ended up in the ER last week. My right foot has lost a lot of it's function, I can't even do calf raises. It's pretty scary, but I'm sure they will figure it out and I'll be back to normal in no time.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time getting up to workout today but I DID IT!! Did burn intervals and extreme abs. I am excited to move on to the push phase next week! Almost done with my first 30 days and I am ALMOST able to do a real push up. Can do it better than when I started! I love progress!

I don't know yet what I will do when I'm done with the 90 days...haven't gotten that far yet!
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brile, Celebrate the wonderfuly person you are. I agree with everyone's advice dont stress about it too much. Enjoy this day it only comes once a year. :drinker: Eat slow and enjoy every single bite :flowerforyou:

Jamie our thoughts and prays go out to you. Let us know how things are going on with you every now and then.

I did push day 2 yesterday, the weight was heavy and the leg workout was tough, but I did it and then I ran afterward. The run was pretty good, ran 3 miles and I'm slowly improving my speed. I workout in my garage and I wait for the sun to go down so it wont be so hot, but that doesn't really help. The good thing about that is when I sweat so much I can see my muscles more. :laugh: It's burn intervals for me today along with ab workout.

Have a great workout :flowerforyou:
  • indianadana
    Options
    This may have been answered but what are you inputting your ChaLean workouts as? How do you classify them? Or do you just keep track of the calories that you burn and put that in?? I am new here but I do Chalean or Turbo 6 days a week (most days some of both) and I love it. Now I am getting serious about what I put in my mouth too. Just trying to figure it all out and any help would be appreciated:)
  • purple120
    Options
    Indiana - i have a HRM so I keep track of the calories I burn and add them like that. My calorie burn varies a little so I pretty much now know how much I'm burning for each workout. Gotta tell you I love my HRM.
  • alf1163
    Options
    This may have been answered but what are you inputting your ChaLean workouts as? How do you classify them? Or do you just keep track of the calories that you burn and put that in?? I am new here but I do Chalean or Turbo 6 days a week (most days some of both) and I love it. Now I am getting serious about what I put in my mouth too. Just trying to figure it all out and any help would be appreciated:)

Hi Indiana, I had to look in the database because I also wear a heart rate monitor when I exercise. I would enter the circuits under cardiovascular as strength training. Burn it off could be entered as aerobics high impact or low impact depending on the effort you put into it. Burn intervals perhaps as circuit training. That would be my suggestion. :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    I did burn intervals yesterday, (only burned 379 calories) along with ab workout and my lower back is so sore. I'm not in pain, but it is soreness. Does this happen to anyone else. I have always had a week core, probably my weekest area. I really don't know if it's because my form is off or if it's because I'm building up my core, that my lower back is sore. Any ideas would be helpful, I have felt this soreness after my workouts.

Tonite is Push 3 along with a 3 mile run. I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    You might want to watch your form, my back hurt also, I just stop get back in form and then I feel ok.

If it hurts too much don't as many reps.

Heading out to MN for work, will try to continue to workout. Have a great weekend everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Purple, as Rinalynn said watch your form!! So important when you do back exercises. Perhaps don't lift as much until you get the correct form. If you think is soreness it should go away in a couple of days...

Week 2 of the lean phase done!! I start week 3 on Tuesday. Running for me tomorrow morning.

Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    You know you've done something wrong when you are more sore from a family reunion then your workouts. :grumble: FINALLY, everything is over and done... I am not even going to dwell on the horrible eating habits over my birthday AND family reunion (whoever planned that was just evil).
    I start the lean phase next Wed!!! YAY!
    :drinker:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Day 29 for me today! Rest day tomorrow then start the Push phase on Wed! I am very excited to get to the next phase! If I can keep my eating on track I should be make some real progress this month!
  • purple120
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day but I decided to run a little. It's push 1 for me today, along with a run. My back is not sore anymore, it only lasted about a day. I'll be more careful with my form, I wish I had a mirrored wall to see if my form was correct.

Have a great workout.
  • purple120
    Options
    It's rest day for me today, but I'm doing Kenpo and ARX. I don't expect a high calorie burn but at least it's something. It's been raining a lot where I live and for a dry area, the humidity is horrible. So I've been working out later during the day when its cooler. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday and one mile around my neighborhood (boy was that rough). I think I'm going to be incorportating street running just to change it up a little. Push 1 was really good yesterday also.

Have a great workout. :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I start the LEAN phase tomorrow... kinda excited...kinda nervous....
    I also started doing sprints on Sunday (cause I couldn't do my normal work out), it's amazing the change I've seen already from that!

Weird thing... I have been REALLY hungry!
    I kept my calories in check during the push phase (really strict too)... but today I was STARVING.
    Anyone else have those days?
    I am SURE I am working off some weight from my birthday AND a family reunion (why is it that there is always SO MUCH FOOD).