Replies

• kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Your butt looks awesome. In a totally hetero way. :laugh:
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! My fiancee has been trying to encourage me (i've been whining about not losing weight for almost 4 weeks!) by telling me he could SEE a difference and not to pay attention to the scale, how do my clothes fit, how do i feel? I've heard it from others too that i look like i'm losing and not to obsess about the numbers! I'm eating right (with a few little oopsies here and there) and drinking loads of water as well as getting lots of cardio in. You have reminded me that health is my goal, not just thinner! Good job.. btw i think you look healthier and younger now!! Brava
  • LivvyLinde
    Options
    wow, that's really cool to see... You look great!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! :heart:

jenniebean1680... I'm so sorry about your Mom. I lost mine 3 years ago, and my dad 2 years ago, and it's hard. Congrats on your wedding... you're going to rock that gown! *HUG!*
    Good job! When you increased your calories, were you also doing low carb? I find that's the trick for me.

I :heart: carbs entirely too much for low carb. I just aim to get at least 100g of protein, and let the carbs and fat fall where they may. I typically have a bagel for breakfast, and have pizza and pasta regularly. My sister does great with low carb, though. I'd be homicidal. :laugh: Whatever works for each individual is the right approach.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Thanks for posting!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    And....I just turned 40!! Lots of us the same age....best time in life!!! :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm of the same midset! I'm much more interested in nutrition and building muscle than I am in counting calories and pounds on the scale.
    You look great!!!
  • jennafluff
    Options
    Great inspriation - and what a great outlook:-)
    Just a question - when you started 'eating more' did your weight loss stall for awhile? I've struggled with weight for the last 10 years and always thought eat very little to lose weight - often burning a days worth of calories at one time. Worked well during the week but on weekends or social occasions I would completely fall off the wagon and basically throw a weeks work out the window. I have only just discovered MFP and so love the whole approach. Only thing is, I have stuck to my calorie goal all week and eaten most of my exercise calories but get on the scale this morning and it hasn't budged. Is it possible that it may take a week for my body to 'catch up'?? Can anyone help me?
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I never really plateaued, but there were some weeks I lost and some weeks I didn't. Some weeks when the scale might have gone up a pound or two. And depending on what I ate - like the salty feeding frenzy that was my brother's pig roast! - I could "gain" 8 pounds in one weekend.

I usually (until I broke my digital scale - didn't know you're not supposed to use harsh chemical cleaners on them!) weighed myself every day, but didn't get emotionally involved. I got a sense of what normal fluctuations looked like. The day after pizza? Up a pound. Aunt Flo in town? Two or three pounds. Sometimes I'd weigh myself a couple times a day, and realized that I typically weigh 3# more at bedtime than I do the next morning, and could drop as much as 2# from sweating profusely when running five miles. (I get DRENCHED!)
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I am SO glad you posted this. I have been SO frustrated! I work out 6 days/week, 3 days weight/circuit training and 3 days running. I eat 1400 cals.day minimum, and as many excercise cals back as I can. I FEEL good and my body FEELS tighter, but the scale is STUCK at 132 and I STILL have a muffin top. I am now in the process of cutting carbs, hoping that will do something (anything) to my waistline. Any further hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just can't seem to find a difference in my body anywhere and I'm at a loss as to what further to do at this point.

Thanks so much (again) for posting this!

-B
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, thank you for posting!!!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    u ave a fabulous *kitten* hunny :wink:

this proves we can throw the damn scales away. lol
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love, LOVE your success story!
  • dictations
    Options
    OMG, I want your body. you're so cute.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Great Success story!!
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! I'm so glad I discovered how motivational photos can be for this. I can be more objective with photos, as if I'm looking at someone else.

The scale sucks. Plain and simple.

The mirror isn't much better. I still look in the mirror and zero in on the worst possible things, like how the overhead lighting in the bathroom accentuates every dimple on my thighs and *kitten*.

Clothes can shrink in the wash and stretch as you wear them. And clothing sizes are so screwy. Overall, I'm a 2 or 4 in most stores I shop, but (especially if I shop in the Juniors department) sometimes I'm a 3, sometimes a 5, sometimes a 7 and sometimes a 9. And sometimes none of them fit right at all.

And the measuring tape isn't very precise. I find myself wondering, "Am I measuring in the same place? Did I pull the tape tighter this time? Did I pull it tighter last time?" And it's hard to get excited over a 1/16th of an inch change. Plus, my waist and hips measurements haven't shrunk much since June, but the space between the two has gotten flatter.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Lorina, you really are my main inspiration on this site, Thank you, once again, for sharing. x