Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

22, 2 1/2yrs, 22. No, going through a divorce, married for 2 1/2yrs, should be final in the next 2wks.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh something fun and different :)

Met age 20
    Engaged: 15 months later
    Married: 3 months after getting engaged (age 21)
    Still married: going on 14 years to a navy submariner :)
    :heart:
  • hudnharsmom
    hudnharsmom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    i was 17 he was 18
    engaged at 21
    married at 21
    married for almost 9yrs (in April)
    together for a total of 12 1/2 years
    (we just realized how long we have been together lol):love:
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Met the year I turned 17, he was 25 that year - 2002

Engaged roughly 18months later (I was 18, he was 26) - 2003
    Married 10months after that (I was 19, he was 26 still) - 2004

1st kid in 2006, second 2010, still together in 2012!

Young but I knew I wanted him in my life forever within the first 7 or 8 months we were together.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Age Met:
    Me-19
    Him-26

Proposed on our 3rd date (1.5 weeks later). I laughed at first but accepted in about another week. Formally announced it within a month.

Married 7 months after our first date.

Married for almost 17 years now (anniversary in a few weeks).
  • jessicagrimwood
    Options
    I was 22 when I got engaged and 22 when I got married. We met in March of 2000, engaged in June of 2000, and married in November of 2000. Been happily married for 11 years and 3 months.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    too much to say here, been with my husband 20 yrs (Im 32) married 10 ..FR me if u like
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The way you have worded your title will attract the majority of people who are still married, although I'm not sure what your informal research is on I just wanted to make sure to point that out.

To answer your questions: (me/him)
    Dating: 19/20
    Engaged: 21/22
    Married: 22/23
    It's been 11.5 years and we're still together.
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    Hi, I'm married to my one and only. He is my Senior HS sweetheart. We got engaged at 24 after he graduated from college. Got married at 25. Been together officially 24 yrs. as of Jan. 19th of this year. Married for 17 as of last Sept. We have two awesome children (daughter 16 and son 13). Love can survive!!!
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    Got engaged in November 2006 - I was 19, he was 24.
    We were together about 5 years before getting engaged.
    Got married in October 2011 - I was 24, he was 29.
    Still together. As married, 5 months. Altogether, 11 years. And have an awesome 4 year old little boy. <3
  • jnkmac1
    Options
    Started dating him when I was 16. Engaged at 18. Married at 21 yrs old. Still together to this day and I'm 36. :)
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    met in 2002 when we were 24, got engaged after dating just over a year. Engaged for a year, married in 2004. Been married for 7.5 years now!!!
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Met my husband in August 1991, started dating October 1992, engaged Dec 1993, married 8/12/94. We were both 24 when we got engaged and 25 when we got married. Will have been married 18 years this August. Good Luck with your class! :flowerforyou:
  • swthrtsmrf
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

I was 20 when I got engaged.
    We had been together for two year (been thru a lot in those two) before we got in engaged.
    I was 21 when we got married.
    Yes we are still together. Been dating for 11 years and married for almost 8 years.
    :heart: :love:
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options

I was 18 when I got engaged. We were together for 1 year & 10 months before we got engaged. He proposed to me on the day I graduated from high school. I was 19 when I got married. Yes we're still together, we've been married for 3 years 2 months & have a sweet little boy that is 2 years 5 months old! =)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 24
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? a little over a year
    How old were you when you got married? 24, almost 25!
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? yup! we have been married 1.5 years and together over 3
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Marriage #1)
    How old were you when you got engaged? 25
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 2 yrs
    How old were you when you got married? 27
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? No. We divorced 2 years later.

Current marriage -
    Engaged at 44, we'd known each other 1 year, and I was 45 when we married. This summer is our 4th anniversary - together a total of 5 years. Bliss :)
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

19 when we got engaged he was 29 We had been together a year before we got engaged. I was 21 when we got married he was 31. Still together married 22 years later will be 23 on June 4. Together as a couple 25 years.
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was 22 when I got engaged and he was 31, he and I had been together for a year. Then a year and a half later (after one deployment to Iraq) we were married when I was 23 and he was 32 (our birthdays are three days apart). We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary last December and are still quite happy. :> I love being married to him!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Met and dated: Me 21, him 25
    Engaged: Me 25, him 29
    Married: Me 27, him 31
    We will celebrate our 10 year anniversary this October, together for 16.