Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options
Has anyone out there tried ACV in water to help lose weight?
Also, virgin coconut oil?

I've been doing this since Feb. 14, 2012 and my stubborn belly fat is almost all gone. It has also curbed my appetite, helped with acid reflux and heart burn.

The coconut oil has seemed to stimulate my underactive thyroid as well.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has any stories to share if they have tried this or they are doing it.

Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i have heard ACV cuts the heartburn, but never heard about the fat! i am curious what others say about the subject.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I've been doing this since Feb. 14, 2012 and my stubborn belly fat is almost all gone. It has also curbed my appetite, helped with acid reflux and heart burn.

How much and how often do you drink the Vinegar
  • Notta
    Notta Posts: 38
    Options
    Well, when I sip 2 teaspoons of AVC added to 16 oz. of water throughout the day, I can feel the revving of my metabolism. My body heats up like wildfire. It has also stopped my aching joints. I can get out of bed so easy in the mornings now with no pain however, from what I gather the coconut oil also can have this effect and it also burns fat and revs your metabolism like wildfire. But, it does contain 125 calories per T.spoon but it's a good fat. Contains the same ingredient found in mother's breast milk. Interesting huh?
    I broke my neck almost 4 years ago and this is the first time since that I have been pain free and swollen free (no swelling in hands, feet, neck, face, and stomach. It's like I'm finally getting my life back.
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Notta
    Options
    Once daily. 16 oz of water to 2 teaspoons of AVC and sip through a straw. My stomach looked like I was 7 months pregnant and now it's almost completely flat.
  • skydiamonds67
    skydiamonds67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Once daily. 16 oz of water to 2 teaspoons of AVC and sip through a straw. My stomach looked like I was 7 months pregnant and now it's almost completely flat.

wow that's awesome!

I've taken ACV pills whenever I feel like my hands and feet are swollen....too much salt,etc.
    But never the coconut oil.
    Does the coconut oil act as a laxative? (sorry if thats TMI).
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I sautee cabbage and LOAD ACV on it. Needless to say, my stomach isn't flat. LOL :embarassed:
  • ChocoPopper1
    Options
    am very curious about this..do you drink this first thing in the morning?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love using applecider vinegar. I do shots of it all the time. Dunno about cutting fat but it seems to have increased my metabolism.

I'm indian and we use coconut oil alot. But I have never heared anything like you claimed about coconut oill. Its EXTREMELY AMAZING for your hair though (ever wonder why east asians have nice hair, coconut and olive oil massages on your head is one of the few reasons)
  • futbolkt21
    Options
    bump
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've also heard that coconut oil helps combat alzheimers(sp?).
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I remember this going around about 20 years ago. I believe it was 2 TBSP a day. I use to put it in my diet Pepsi. It would take me all day to drink it because it tasted so awful. To this day i cannot drink diet Pepsi.

I don't know if it helped anything or not but if you do it i would suggest just taking it like medicine and getting it over with.
  • AISIGO
    AISIGO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Do you just eat a spoonful of the coconut oil ?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    do it like shots. Drink some water after it. You'll get used to ACV really really soon
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have acv as salad dressing almost every day more like 1-2 tbsp.....I never noticed anything happen. I use coconut oil for other things but not cooking.
  • Notta
    Options
    Actually, since using both I am now very regular and my urine is as clear as water.
  • Notta
    Options
    From what I gather, using to much isn't good for you. The recommended dosage is 2 teaspoons per day to 16 oz. of water or you can always put it in green tea, the old fashion kind you brew yourself. Green tea is a natural fat burner and diretic so it's only recommended to have 3 cups a day.
  • Notta
    Options
    I use the virgin coconut oil on my entire body. I did my research on it. It does rev up your metabolism but I tried it for the sole benefit of my hypothyroid condition. My meds have now dropped from 50mg to 7.5 mg and the doctor says that he thinks I don't need my thyroid medicine anymore. He is amazed. I am too! The weight is falling off me and who can't be happy about that?
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    HMMMMM! MAY HAVE TO TRY