What will you give up for Lent?

Options

Replies

• jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The last 2 years i've given up facebook but since starting my weight loss I have joined a group on there and it's helping me with weekly weigh in's etc so I think I'm gonna give up chocolate and crisp's cause they are my biggest downfall
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i wrote on my status about giving up for lent and got moaned at about how its basically a load of rubbish.

if your not going to participate then dont comment... simple.

i do it every year because i am religious. this thread is to share common interests.

i am giving up alcohol, luxuries like sweets and crisps and fizzy drinks and also will try to give up meat.

theres nothing wrong with having faith and beliefs... dont mock those that do.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    CARBS!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i wrote on my status about giving up for lent and got moaned at about how its basically a load of rubbish.

if your not going to participate then dont comment... simple.

i do it every year because i am religious. this thread is to share common interests.

i am giving up alcohol, luxuries like sweets and crisps and fizzy drinks and also will try to give up meat.

theres nothing wrong with having faith and beliefs... dont mock those that do.

I am not religious in the slightest however I always give up something for lent as i think its as gooder time as any to cut back on something that isn't good for you.

Don't listen to those that moan about your faith, even we athiests have faith in somethings even if those things arent God
  • cockneypaul
    cockneypaul Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    SEX - oh no forgot the wife has already made that choice for me. lol
  • simples88
    Options
    I drink far too much diet coke/pepsi. From today it is gone! I'm not religious but great opportunity as I've been cutting back for a while so this is the official goodbye!
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    I am not a christian but I will be giving up chinese takeaway food and coca cola for lent. This is going to be HARD for me
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    SEX - oh no forgot the wife has already made that choice for me. lol

Just because the wife has stopped having sex, doesn't mean you have too. A little bit of strange mixes things up a little :). Just sayin.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm that person who sits back with my whiskey, coffee, chocolate, and popcorn during lent and watches everyone else get cranky.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Maybe, in addition to the sacrificial "giving up" , we might give of ourselves more generously. Be more attentive, in the moment in our conversations, maybe be less preoccupied! I am going to try to make small steps towards less self-absorption" and more in tune with others and their needs. To really make it sacrificial, we could look for ways to extend a kindness to someone anonymously! Blessings on all.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I am giving up clutter in my home! I saw this on pinterest and I think it's a great idea!

www.littlelucylu.com/2011/03/40-bags-continued.html

**edited because I am not having luck embedding pictures!
  • HayleyMarieBeth
    Options
    Eating meat & fish... all animals really!
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Day 1 no cheese
  • timbits12
    Options
    Lent begins on 22nd February. I eat a lot of cheese and it is very high in fat as we all know and I am very guilty at adding it to everything and bumping up my fat intake. So I'm going to give up cheese, all types. What are you going to give up?

this is only my second week with MFP but will be giving up potatoe and using things like rice and beans to fill me up instead!
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have decided on biscuits. I love them so much, and even if I weren't trying to shift the pounds I think I would stop them for Lent. Also, swearing. I don't do it a lot, but I don't like hearing it so I feel hypocritical when I let loose!

Good luck all.
  • LovingLife11803
    Options
    I'm giving up all junk food and white breads and pasta.:smile:
  • tnatale6
    Options
    I don't think you always have to "give up" something for lent. Sometimes you can do something so this year I decided that since I am doing well with my weight loss I should do something. Since I usually do terrible with getting my excerise in I am going to try very hard to exercise Monday-Fri. Maybe some how that can become something that I always do.
  • mjuckie
    mjuckie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I gave up going into my pantry except when making meals - I hope this will help me CUT OUT ALL SNACKING, unless its from the fridge which is healthy stuff like fruit, veggies, yogurts and low calorie cheeses :)
  • glorod
    glorod Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im giving up Facebook :)
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    Nothing. I've given up enough already.