Women Ages 50+ for the month of July

Options
WELCOM to the thread for Women in their 50’s (or thereabouts). Actually, any woman is welcome. We are a group of women who gain support and encouragement from others who are facing some of the same challenges. This has turned out to be a very helpful tool for me and hopefully for many others. I have met many new friends on this thread. So once again, welcome!

What are your goals for the month of July? We can help each other be accountable. Visit daily to encourage and to be encouraged. We’re here for you!

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    OOPS - I mispelled WELCOME. Oh well, you know what I meant ;-)

I'm off to bed and it isn't July yet but I wanted this to be there for you in the morning.

I'll be back then.
    Esther
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Well tomorrow is the big surgery day. :noway: :noway: I am up late a little restless I guess. I am determined to stay strong food wise and stick with my eating program. I like the results so I think I'll keep doing what I am doing. I so look forward to a healthy knee that can keep up with me.:laugh: :laugh:

My thougths are with you and your family Susan.

Lianne:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,:flowerforyou:

LIANNE, THINKING OF YOU AND WISHING YOU A GOOD OUTCOME.:heart:

SUSAN, PLEASE HAVE FAITH THAT YOUR BROTHER,KEN, WILL BEAT THIS DECEASE. I HAVE ONE RELATIVE AND ONE FRIEND WHO DID JUST THAT. I WILL KEEP HIM IN MY PRAYERS. :heart:

JULY GOALS:

DRINK MORE WATER :drinker:
    GET THROUGH HALF OF MY RICHARD SIMMONS DVD (STARTED WITH ONE OR TWO SONGS,NOW ALMOST GET HALF WAY)
    LOSE 2 LBS
    COOK AND FREEZE MY OWN DIET DINNERS INSTEAD OF BUYING LEAN CUISINE

I WISH EVERYONE A HEALTHY JULY. KEEP MOVING TOWARD YOUR GOAL, NO MATTER WHAT.

:heart: ANNE
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :happy: good morning to all. our thoughts and prayers are going out to yous.. and your family.does anyone here live in new england what weather we are having. did not like those lightening storms last night..
    anne i have been trying the different dinners jout there and ugh i honestly do not like the taste in most of them. i thought it would be good. i am not sure what the taste is but i think i can do good with my own cooking and watching what i eat. on the pkg they look so go the past month i have been trying lot s of healthy cooking with new cookbooks i have been picking up..there is a book dieabic cooking i have been doing and i love paula dean.. its cool you mention richard simmons i have some of his tapes and he is so cool the kids dance to with me.
    and i off to work this morning and hoping to get to the y this afternoon. its a raining day so we are going to do the wii programs today.. my promise to myself.. ok everyone have a nice morning love debbie and family
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Susan, so sorry about your brother's diagnosis.

July goals:
    Lose 3 pounds and gain none back.
    Drink my water.
    Keep more fruits and vegetables in the house.

Bonnie
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Good morning,

Susan so sorry about your brothers diagnosis I will keep him and all his family in my prayers.:flowerforyou:

Goals for July
    Lose 5 lbs at least
    drink water 10 glasses a day:drinker: :drinker:
    cardio 5 days a week:glasses: :glasses: :
    stay positive despite lifes cureballs:flowerforyou:

Good luck ladies
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Bonnie: I like your goals (and gain NONE back) . That is so true with me. If I could really lose them instead of finding them again:grumble: :grumble:

Hope you all have a great day. I'll be back later. Must go to do my workout:happy:
    Esther
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone:flowerforyou: and Happy Canada Day to all fellow Canadians (any other Canadians on this thread besides Heather and myself?)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Esther thank you so much for starting initially starting this thread and continuing to keep it going. I know that for me this thread continues to inspire, motivate and lift up me up on a daily basis. We haven't heard from you very often and we miss your contact. I hope you are doing ok and please know that we are here for you:heart: . Please know that you are not alone in your struggles of everyday life. Many of us have similiar issues and whether we share them on here or keep them to ourselves it is a comfort to know that others are concerned. Sending you lots of positive vibes:smile:

:flowerforyou: Susan I am so very sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis:sad: I know exactly how you are feeling. My brother was diagnosed with Hodgins almost 30 years ago and my family was devasted. Even though it was a difficult time for him and all the family he has done incredibly well and has made a wonderful recovery. My daughter also had cancer so cancer is something I totally can relate to. Keeping a positive attitude, a strong faithand being well informed truly is what kept my family going through this difficult time. I send you, your brother, and your entire family prayers and big ((((HUGS)))).

:flowerforyou: Lianne also sending you warm positive thoughts as you prepare for your surgery:flowerforyou: . Hope you surgery is successful and you are up and at em just as soon as you can. You said that it is for your knee and I must have missed what you were having done. Having so much problems with my knees has me wondering what is going on with mine.

My July goals are:

1. make a dr's apt for my knee and have a thorough checkup (I really don't like checkups so this one is a tough one for me:grumble: )
    2. incorporate more stretching in my workouts
    3.spread my food intake out during the day (smaller amounts more often) I tend to keep too busy in the summer and not make eating healthy a priority so this one is a biggie for me
    4. be mindful of the temptations that summer brings (more BBQ's, celebration, etc) and make good choices:blushing:
    5.get that darn scale moving out of the holding pattern that seems to have befallen me

Best wishes as we begin this wonderful new month on our journey to a healthier lifestyle:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I posted my progress on the June thread. I'd have to say it was my most successful month so far. :happy:

My goals for July are to conquer the peer pressure eating that keeps sabotaging my weekends, so that I can lose at least a pound a week.

I bought some white tea yesterday. I read it is high in antioxidants and helps your body flush fat. We'll see.

My masseuse told me yesterday I was getting " a nice V" between my shoulders and on my calves. I had to ask him to explain and was pleased to learn it meant I was gaining muscle tone. He also warned me not to do strength training more than twice or three times a week unless I was targeting different muscles each time. My glutes are really sore now that I am on phase two of Biggest Loser Boot Camp, so he helped me stretch. :sad: Hurt, then, but feels so much better now! I've decided I will do without whatever else I must to be able to get a massage every two weeks. I feel better than I have in years. Seems strange not to have headaches and neck-aches any more. :smile:

Happy Wednesday y'all! Drink up cuz water is your friend! :drinker:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    DEBBIE,

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HOME COOKING. WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS FREEZE SOME MEALS. THIS WAY WHEN I AM NOT IN THE MOOD TO COOK (WHICH IS QUITE OFTEN), I CAN JUST TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF THE FREEZER, AS I OFTEN DID WITH LEAN CUISINE. I EAT ALONE IF I AM NOT OUT WITH FRIENDS. I TAKE MY CHICKEN BREASTS OUT OF THE PACKAGE AND THAT WAY I CAN USE ONE AND STEAM A VEGETABLE. THAT IS QUICK AND EASY. A SMALL BAKED POTATO AND A SIDE SALAD COMPLETES A NICE LOW CAL MEAL. THE MEALS I AM FREEZING ARE THE KIND THAT
    I MAKE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY, ITALIAN MEALS ARE MY FAVORITE. I MEASURE EVERYTHING AND
    ENJOY. :happy:

MARIE AND HEATHER, HAPPY CANADA DAY AND ANYONE ELSE IN CANADA. :flowerforyou:

ESTHER, ISN'T IT ODD HOW WE ALWAYS SAY I LOST WEIGHT, SOUNDS LIKE WE WANT TO FIND IT AGAIN. I TRY, BUT SOMETIMES FORGET, TO SAY 2 LBS GONE. I LIKE THAT MUCH BETTER. WE SURE DON'T WANT TO FIND THOSE POUNDS.:laugh:

ANNE
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Susan - congrats on your great weight loss in June! AND new muscle tone! niiiiiiiiiiice:happy: I think i missed your post re: your brother - but it doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry:frown:

Marie - i really like your new picture!

Hi everyone else! I'm usually better at keeping in touch but kinda crazy right now. But i have to say this because i can - because today is July: MY SON COMES HOME NEXT MONTH!!!!!!:happy: :laugh: : omg - this makes me even happier than losing weight!!!!!!!!

Happy July all! :heart: elli
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Greetings from the sandhills of Nebraska! The corn and soy beans are growing like crazy and the hillsides are lush green. July is going to be a good month! My goal for July is to lose 8 pounds. That will put me in the single digits of 200 and close to being on the other side of 200. Yay! I can't even remember when the last time was that I weighed less than 200!!:noway: Thinking about each of you and praying for those with special concerns and heartaches right now. Later...
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options

,ISN'T IT ODD HOW WE ALWAYS SAY I LOST WEIGHT, SOUNDS LIKE WE WANT TO FIND IT AGAIN. I TRY, BUT SOMETIMES FORGET, TO SAY 2 LBS GONE. I LIKE THAT MUCH BETTER. WE SURE DON'T WANT TO FIND THOSE POUNDS.:laugh:

ANNE
    Whenever I tell my husband how many pounds I've lost, he always tells me he knows where they went...he has them!!:laugh:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :happy: good afternoon to everyone. hope your day is good. the sun has come out we had rain off and on today. looks like another week like this. hubby just left for work kids are all doing their own things and i am having a water break :drinker: anyone care to join me. i am working on my six glass . i have work out for 30 minutes so far today plus. while i drive i have learned some moves i can be doing so i know do tonin in the car. see how that will work out. i am going to work out more this mth. that is a big goal for me. move move move. i still can't belive this is july 1st. wow.. i am pouring a ceramic punkins.. i have a ceramic punkins patch in oct. i have been doing more knitting and crocheting instead of going to grab something to eat. its time for another flea market if the rains stop.. ok i am going to go walking before it gets bad again. everyone have a peaceful evening. love debbie and familyoh my goodness my daughter just gave me a new cook maginze this one is not going to help paula deen's best desserts. oh oh .....
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,
    So good to hear from all of you. Sounds like all are doing pretty good today. I am having a hungry day. I ate my lunch. A grilled chicken sandwich on wheat, ( which I have eaten before and very satisfying) When we left the food place and went to the store, I told my daughter that I was hungry. I was really hungry, not just wanting food but hungry like I had never eaten. I ate nothing until my snack of watermelon just now because I was busy but I was hungry. Trying to decide on something very good and satisfying for supper to get rid of that hunger for good. (until next meal at least)
    I was thining of my past last night for some strange reason and thought of this. When I was 18 years old I went on my first diet. I went to a place called Gloria Marshall. They gave you good meal plans and they had some equipment that they put you on to move your fat around. I went there 3 or 4 times a week. I had to drive about 30-40 miles one way to get there. Anyway the point is when I started there my weight was 150 pounds. How ironic that 150 is my goal for now. If only I knew then what I know now. That was in 1973 and of course we all wanted to be like Twiggy. Anyway sorry if I bored you just thought that was interesting. Talk to you all later. Have a good night.
    Vicki
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi again

:flowerforyou: Elli it is good to hear from you and I am so happy for you that your son will be coming home soon. You must be so very excited:bigsmile: Thank you for the compliment of my photo. I had been promising myself that I would finally post a photo of myself even though I am camera shy. The handsome guy is of course my DH and was taken at my son's wedding.

:flowerforyou: Anne thank you for the Canada Day wishes.

:flowerforyou: Vicki I can so relate to your comment about thinking we needed to diet even at 150 lbs. I would be ecstatic to weigh 150 lbs now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: You are so right about "if only I knew then what I know now" I have asked myself so many times in the past "how did I get to where I am?" The only answer I know for sure is that I put everyone and everything ahead of myself and totally neglected myself. However, that was then and this is now:happy: You obviously have made significant changes (39 lbs is absolutely fantastic:smile: ) and I know I certainly have as well and in my opinion there is no going back, only forward. Thanks for sharing your thoughts because it certainly resonates reality with me too:happy:

I am off to get things done so I will be ready to see the fireworks at dusk. Take care everyone:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am off of work for the next four days and hope to be on here more. I have a question. As you can see from my ticker I have only 3 more pounds to go. I will probably go for another five pounds after that. Should I go ahead and change it now to read 8 pounds or should I wait until I lost the three?
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    A quick hello. Has been hectic again around here. I did not come close to meeting June goals. Am going to think about July and will post goals when I have 2 minutes to think and write.
    Take care.
    Zaza
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Happy Canada Day to Marie and Heather,

We are in Canada----Oliver, BC. We wore our Canada t shirts and hung our Canadian flag.

We are finally at a campground with wifi so Jake and I are taking turns with the computer catching up with e mails and MFP friends. I have missed you all so much.

I will write more later, I just wanted to get connected with the July thread.

:flowerforyou: Lianne, I hope your surgery went well and that you are resting and recovering.

big hugs:heart:
    Barbie
  • colleenannboyd
    colleenannboyd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good morning everyone! Today is my last day of work for about 7 weeks. I'm a teacher and so look forward to having some time. I hope to also get myself in better shape - weight wise and fitness wise.
    My goal for July is to lose 5 pounds and exercise at least 5 times a week. Three of those times, I want to do swimming.