bump.

THANK YOU NATE !
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Bump..
  • Joobiegirl
    Options
    that's really cool of you to offer! I"m sure you will get alot of questions and I will be really interested in your advice!!
  • FlabulessFam
    Options
    How do you bump? i know this isn't a training question, but I have tons and want to read this thread!! :)
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a few questions.

One thing I'm wondering, I've lost 35 pounds, yet MFP has me eating the same amount (1200 net). How is it possible that the calories needed to lose a pound at 175lbs the same at 140lbs? It is a higher number to maintain the weight at 175 than to maintain at 140, yet to lose a pound/week at either weight its 1200 calories net. When I was in weight watchers, we had to re-evaluate every 10 pounds.

I workout up to two hours in one time (first half is usually muscle work/circuits, 2nd half cardio). As you know, protein afterwards prevents the body from burning muscle instead of fat. I always wondered if that 24g of protein shake is enough. Should I be taking something mid workout?

Thanks!

Thats kind of complicated.... you are right that it takes more cals to maintain the bigger you are, but at the same time the more weight you lose the harder is to continue to lose weight. Its a little abstract but the cals shouldn't differ to much. Aim for .7grams of protein to 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight, so for you 100 grams or more is ideal.
    Been waiting for your answer on this Nate. Should she recalulate her info? As if she were brand new? Or am I off here?
  • thisgirl980
    thisgirl980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bump. thanks for the offer to help.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm not sore today after leg working out yesterday, even though I pushed hard. Some people commented that it might be because of shake I drink before the workout. Others think my body has gotten used to the exercises, although I don't think I'm strong enough to do more than I'm doing now.

Is it alright to exercise the same muscle group two days in a row? (since I'm not sore)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Manyclassicmoments
    Options
    Bump!
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Nate, TY for offering your help. Im 45 years old 5'3" and currently 210 pounds, I have Multiple Sclerosis Fibromyalgia and a few other health issues. My main one is I started working out 7 days a week on wii zumba. Im doing a hour a day and keeping my calorie intake at 1200 calories. Im hardly losing weight and I had a acl replaced with my left hamstring in 2005. I also have chronic pain in my low back left hip and left knee and foot. My right knee hurts a little but the left knee in horrible, it crackles n pops. I have real problems going up and down stairs. Im afraid to stop my workouts because Im afraid i wont lose anything. I dont know if i need a knee replacement or if shots will help. I have a very high tolerance for pain and push myself. Im determined to lose weight and be healthy as i can be. So what do you think about my weight loss and my excrutiatinbg pain. I take pain meds but they dont help either.
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing this.

What does bump mean?

I am 65 and was mostly sedentary until I decided to get serious about losing weight and getting into shape. My doctor said to start slow so I connected with a personal trainer for three sessions (two done already) to set up a reasonable routine from which to grow. I have lost 7 pounds so far, 6 the first week. I am attempting to lose one pound a week because I know anything beyond that at this point is not being realistic with my lifestyle.

I begin each set with warmup walking on the treadmill then move to strength building then swimming. (I added the swimming because I wanted more cardio than I was getting on the treadmill and I knew I could not withstand LONG sessions on the treadmill.)

My first day just climbing the stairs to get to the gym area almost had me at my goal HR. Today I walked 20 minutes, level 2.0, speed 2.5 to reach my goal HR. I believe this to be a good accomplishment. I try to swim no less than 15 minutes each time I swim. I am hitting the gym 4 to 5 days per week.

I have eliminated most processed foods from my diet and I am drinking more water. I am feeling much better with each passing day and I am enjoying this process.