Personal trainer wanting to help:)

Options

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Stats, iam 37, 5 feet tall, 162 pds. I justed upped my cals to 1500, bc I thought 1200 was too little. I seem to only lose 1/2 pd to .8 a week. At times I seem to gain and lose the same 1-2 pds. I am starting adding more exercise classes to my routine and strength training 2 x a week. Can you please look at my diary and give me some tips, also any other tips you can give? Any fatburners or supplements you would recommend?
  • edmoulaison
    edmoulaison Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh poor, poor Nate. You are a very gracious man. Thank you for your time.

Good luck bud...:wink:
  • Jayney10
    Options
    Hi Nate, thanks for your generosity, I may need your help soon...
  • Azennette
    Options
    I find it hard to keep up my cardio while reducing carbs and calories significantly enough to lose weight. I run 13 - 14 km three times a week, and on the other 3 days I do interval training and weight lifting.

When I cut my calories, I run out of steam and cannot run more than a few km. I don't want to sacrifice my fitness, which took so long and required a lot of effort to achieve.

What is the happy medium way?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a personal trainer and I see a lot of people that seem to be "lost" in their attempts at weight loss/ fitness goals. So if anyone has any questions regarding cardio/lifting/nutrition I would love to help you. Either reply in the forum or send me a message and I'll get back to you asap. You can also add me if you like, I try to make every effort to support and motivate everyone to reach their goals because I know a lot of people may have little to no support offline.

Thanks,
    Nate

Certified NSCA Fitness Trainer
    Studied Kinestheology and Nutrition

i am one of those lost people,lol... I will give you a little bit of info on me 1st:
    5ft 2"
    start weight 140
    goal weight 125
    current weight 133
    was on 1200 calories till 2 weeks ago and changed by info on mfp from 1 lbs loss a week to .5 lbs this gave me 1310 calories a day, so now i am over my bmr :)
    i seem to have been loosing about 2 lbs a month before, my goal was to loose all the weight by march 20th ( 5 months), i started trying to loose the weight since Oct22nd. I have been stuck for 1 month now, no change.

My exercise is all over and not consistent as i have a very busy life, as most do.... when working the only time i have to exercise is from 8-9pm, that's it. So when i started exercising i was doing 5 days a week 30-45 min on the elliptical or treadmill, then in DEC i added jillian michaels dvd 30 day shred. I lost no weight but 1 inch off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips and belly. Then i stopped exercising in jan, thinking i would just do it diet wise as i wasn't having time to exercise, etc... I started exercising again as of last week as a month plateau wasn't going away. I started doing cardio again 5 days a week 30 min and i'm doing the 30ds again daily.

what i would like to know is the exercise i'm doing ok? is it fine? I don't want to get so involved in workouts that i won't carry on with it once i reach my goal weight, i want to do a average amount that i will stick with for the rest of my life daily.....once i reach my goal weight the exercise will be mainly for just staying healthy, right.....daily living. PLUS i only have 1 hr a day to get anything in.... is what i am doing good enough to keep the weight falling off, will i reach my goal of march 20th? any suggestions will be appreciated! :) thanks, lin

Yes the exercise you are doing is great. It might feel like a lot but most likely it will become easier as time goes on. Also, once you reach your goal weight you will be able to cut back on the workouts a bit or increase your cals because you would just be maintaining instead of losing. The only thing I can say that might be causing your plateau is your fairly low calorie and carb intake. Its a little complicated but the idea is if your carbs are kept very low over a long enough period of time your bmr will actually slow down making it possible for you to gain weight even if your cal intake is very low. The trick is a carb up day, this kickstarts your metabolism. Then you would drop your carbs again until your weight loss slows again, then you would just repeat the process. Thats the only major advice I can think of atm. As for you march 20th goal its hard to say but you'll definitly lose some pounds by then:)

Nate

awesome, thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I actually weighted myself today and i think i broke my plateau finally, i dropped 1 lb! phew... i think me upping my calories was a good thing, i assume that is what helped it? It's nice to hear that the exercising i am doing is good enough and that i will be able to kick it down a notch in time... not that i wasn't doing enough. ! thanks!
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Thanks for offering your help!
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kah2606
    Options
    Bump
  • zigzag13
    zigzag13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    at least you're staying true to your word, you rock!!!! so many haters out there LOL!!!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Waaaaay too many haters.....
  • Russian1
    Russian1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lokizmo
    lokizmo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help! I will do that!