Personal trainer wanting to help:)

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I think old Nate may have bitten off more than he can chew....................

:laugh:

Well, he's a nice guy for offering anyway. :)
  • Susanpv
    Susanpv Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:
    follow thread
  • Rscrappy
    Options
    Any suggestions for what exercise I can do considering i have a bad knee, slipped disc and I recently tore my shoulder muscles. Due to back issues I am unable to lift more than 10 pounds. Thanks for any ideas.
  • Michelle7897
    Michelle7897 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Nate, you made it! I just want to give you a big hug. Good luck, buddy.
  • Chanels_mom
    Chanels_mom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Bump..might need you Nate!
  • GeorgiaTraveler
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your gracious offer. I am looking at purchasing an affordable treadmill or stationary bike. Which would burn more calories or which would you recommend?
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for what exercise I can do considering i have a bad knee, slipped disc and I recently tore my shoulder muscles. Due to back issues I am unable to lift more than 10 pounds. Thanks for any ideas.

just helping our trainer here. Im an RN, given your PMH, I would recommend swimming. Go to exercise swim classes. Safe and VERY effective. And you can do it at your own pace
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my first day at the gym in a very long time. I use to go and do cardio on the elliptical for three hours... Not because I'm nuts...lol so my friends keep asking me but because I can and enjoy it. I don't feel like I'm doing anything unless I'm sweating. I have a very high endurance. I have been learning the the amount of time isn't really doing anything as resistance is. So I was thinking I would start off with the resistance of 20 and bring it up to 100 (intervals of 20) then bring it back down to 20 again and do this for an hour. Is this a better way to go?