Personal trainer wanting to help:)

Options

Replies

• mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump Thanks, and NICE of you to offer your expertise!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    Also, any advice to help with shin pain while running? Signed up for my first 5k in 6 weeks... but shins are killing me while doing C25K.

I'd say make sure you are stretching well and maybe get fitted for better shoes...I used to have pain from running as well and now that I went to a store where they fitted me with correct running shoes for my feet I have no pain at all.
    Hope it helps :)
  • jewelswye
    jewelswye Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bearwithme041
    Options
    bump
  • mrsjacksn
    Options
    bump
  • mwhitefield
    mwhitefield Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ok....here is one for you that contradicts EVERYTHING on here...I was eating 1200 calories a day of healthy foods and not losing anything (working out 5 days a week with a 300-600 calorie burn per day through cardio, P90X, etc) I was told numerous times to eat more...so, I upped my calories to 1400-1500 calories a day. I have gained 10 pounds doing this...and my clothes are tighter, so I know it wasnt muscle.

I am 5'4, NOW 144 pounds (I was at 134) So is it safe for me to eat 1000 calories a day since I stay the same at 1200 and gain at 1400?

I am interested in the answer to this. Because I only seem to lose when I am eating around 1100 cals. I am 5'1" so I was always wondering if I just don't need much for food?
  • Tonya0511
    Tonya0511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow.

I think he's going to be surprised at how many replies he's gotten. He'll be a busy guy for sure!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    bump
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Bump
  • jna1957
    Options
    bump
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Ok....here is one for you that contradicts EVERYTHING on here...I was eating 1200 calories a day of healthy foods and not losing anything (working out 5 days a week with a 300-600 calorie burn per day through cardio, P90X, etc) I was told numerous times to eat more...so, I upped my calories to 1400-1500 calories a day. I have gained 10 pounds doing this...and my clothes are tighter, so I know it wasnt muscle.

I am 5'4, NOW 144 pounds (I was at 134) So is it safe for me to eat 1000 calories a day since I stay the same at 1200 and gain at 1400?

Have you gone to the doctor to have tests done. At your height and weight you should be able to eat that much and not gain or lose at the 1200. You may have thyroid, PCOS, or other problems that effect your metabolism or processing of nutrients that would cause this sort of problem. Get that checked out first.
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump:love:
  • Yodacat1
    Options
    Would love some help. I a 58, 174 lbs. I have been doing Zumba 3 times a week for 3 weeks now. NO WEIGHT LOSS. My son told me I am not eating enough calories...I have bumped them up to around 1500 day. I fully expected to see weight almost drop off when I went from doing nothing to working out so hard. thanks for being willing to help.
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    bump
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump
  • southernyankee716
    Options

Have you gone to the doctor to have tests done. At your height and weight you should be able to eat that much and not gain or lose at the 1200. You may have thyroid, PCOS, or other problems that effect your metabolism or processing of nutrients that would cause this sort of problem. Get that checked out first.

I have to agree. I have PCOS myself. I could eat 800 calories or 1800 calories and my body doesn't change. For me, watching my carbs is when I see results.
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    bump