Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use Bragg's Organic Unfiltered and I definitely see the difference! Thinking about using the coconut oil,,,,
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    since Monday when I read this thread I've started the CO and the ACV. I have to tell you that one or both of the two is doing wonders for my digestion. I generally have an issue voiding waste and that's been all cleared up (tmi I know). I think I've lost like 4 lbs from cleaning out if ya know what I mean. I'm going to stick with it for awhile and see how it rolls. :)
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I tried the coconut oil instead of butter (and egg white instead of an egg) in when making cookies and they came out very light- everyone liked them! I heard of taking the apple cider vinegar for acid reflux.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    off topic...potassium should only be given through a central line. Blood clots can be deadly. You should ask your doctor about potassium replacement pills. Low potassium can result in heart dysrhythmias. Hope you are feeling better.
    saving this to read for later ~ I drink Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar for leg cramps. Just started about a week ago & it seems to help! :drinker:

This is because of the potassium in the vinegar. If you track potassium in your diary and ensure that you get close to the daily recommended allowance, you should not have a problem with leg cramps anymore.

I wish it were that easy. I take potassium supplements daily in addition to a high potassium diet; I exceed the amount recommended daily. When I was hospitalized last year for diverticulitis, it was discovered that I have a potassium deficiency. While I was in the hospital they were giving me IV potassium & it kept blowing my veins to where I developed blood clots. I've had to track my daily intake and with all of the extra stuff I take, it still runs on the low side when I have blood work done. I have seen 4 different Dr's and not one of them can figure out why my levels are so low. I drink 2 tbsp of the Braggs 3 times a day, and it helps make the cramps less severe. I still have them, but they are not as bad as they were before drinking the vinegar.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    since Monday when I read this thread I've started the CO and the ACV. I have to tell you that one or both of the two is doing wonders for my digestion. I generally have an issue voiding waste and that's been all cleared up (tmi I know). I think I've lost like 4 lbs from cleaning out if ya know what I mean. I'm going to stick with it for awhile and see how it rolls. :)

really? i have the same problem (sometimes i think i just have um...weak muscles...and it doesn't help keep things going smoothly). If the apple cider vinegar (which i started today) and the virgin coconut oil help, im all for it...

how much have you been taking of each, and how often?
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Once daily. 16 oz of water to 2 teaspoons of AVC and sip through a straw. My stomach looked like I was 7 months pregnant and now it's almost completely flat.

I do this daily as well.
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Has anyone out there tried ACV in water to help lose weight?
    Also, virgin coconut oil?

I've been doing this since Feb. 14, 2012 and my stubborn belly fat is almost all gone. It has also curbed my appetite, helped with acid reflux and heart burn.

The coconut oil has seemed to stimulate my underactive thyroid as well.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has any stories to share if they have tried this or they are doing it.

Thanks!:smile:

I've read about the coconut oil in regards to hypothyroid, and I am wondering if it works too. I may have to give this a whirl.
  • LoriInIowa
    Options
    Interesting thread. I use VCO to sautée many veggies, in scrambled eggs, ect.
  • jaws22
    jaws22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure you all are taking Bragg ACV.. it is the only one that is truly organic and contains "The Mother". It is unfiltered and so very good for every aspect of our bodies internally. Check out the Bragg apple cider vinegar website, they also have a book that is a really good read.
    Lois
  • sdavis445
    sdavis445 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The ACV does work, I lost like 70 lbs in 5 months...
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Once daily. 16 oz of water to 2 teaspoons of AVC and sip through a straw. My stomach looked like I was 7 months pregnant and now it's almost completely flat.

do you have pictures?
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! Thank you!!! I have an underactive thyroid so I will start trying this more often. I use a little coconut oil in my oatmeal each morning, when I do have some..
  • sdavis445
    sdavis445 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    it works for the fat also...
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    The ACV does work, I lost like 70 lbs in 5 months...

how much do you take and how often?
  • sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I use organic, virgin coconut oil to pop popcorn. It tastes really good, and I feel like I'm getting the benefit of the belly busting fat AND having a good snack at the same time. If you love the tast of coconut, you'll love popcorn made this way! I have one of those stovetop popcorn poppers, and it works really well. It tastes so good that now my boyfirend and his son are requesting I make this all the time!!!

As far as the calories go--3 TBS of VCO would equal about 360 calories...that's a lot to give up for a day's meals, so I think I would stick to 1 TBS.

I haven't tried to ACV, but will give that a try too!
  • Trill_Shantel
    Options
    Bump!