Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Organic-Coconut-Ounce/dp/B003B3OOPA/ref=pd_sim_gro_3

Ordered this Organic unrefined, cold-pressed VCO from amazon for $6.80
    (i should be getting it tomorrow)
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have acid reflux and am on medication for underactive thyroid. I have never heard this before. Can you elaborate as to how much APC to water and explain about the virgin coconut oil.
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I ordered organic extra virgin coconut oil, do you think the "extra virgin" part makes a difference?
  • osorio1
    Options
    Bump
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I ordered organic extra virgin coconut oil, do you think the "extra virgin" part makes a difference?

sure! when one virgin isn't enough, you gotta have that "extra virgin" in reserve! LOL but seriously, people must be paying attention to this thread, because I went to get a new jar and my health food store had just sold the last one!
  • tammie419
    Options
    what does it mean when these people are entering just the word 'bump'?
    My Mom just recently was telling me about the ACV I may have to try it now!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    what does it mean when these people are entering just the word 'bump'?
    My Mom just recently was telling me about the ACV I may have to try it now!

Bump means to move the topic to the top of the list and some people bump it to subscribe to the thread.

I love Braggs ACV, it is the greatest. Like a tangy apple cider.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am doing the ASV, Saigon Cinnamon, and bee pollen granules right now. Two times a day. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks and have noticed a HUGE change in my eating habits, my stomach, and NO MORE ACID REFLUX! Also, energy levels near superhuman levels!

12oz filtered water
    1 heaping teaspoon bee pollen granules
    1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
    1/2 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon

Stir it for 30-45 seconds and let sit for 5 minutes to give it time to dissolve some. Stir for another 30-45 seconds then drink.

Does it taste great? No. Does it taste terrible? No. All I know is next week I get my cholesterol tested. It was at 191, we will see what it is next week!
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if the apple cider vinegar helps with swelling i might try it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and if my joints could feel better with just one teaspoon a day im willing to give it a try. I don't care about the whole flat tummy thing. I mean that would be an extra bonus but to not be sore would be great!
  • Arani70
    Options
    Bump
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting. It sounds like a harmless thing to try I will get some this weekend and give it a whril. My belly is my problem area (like most other women), so help in that area would be awesome!
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've heard this before. Supposedly a lot of celebrities do this before red carpet events. I will start doing this.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I personally have not tried this yet but I have two elderly clients (I am a professional caregiver for seniors in their home) who swear by this formula for indigestion/gurd and weight loss.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if the apple cider vinegar helps with swelling i might try it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and if my joints could feel better with just one teaspoon a day im willing to give it a try. I don't care about the whole flat tummy thing. I mean that would be an extra bonus but to not be sore would be great!

Yes, it helps with swelling and joint pain. That's the reason I researched and started using it and my mother uses it .. she has full blown RA.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fascinating thread! I will give it a try too. And will recommend it to my mom as well who suffers from joint aches and bloating too.

Too bad I live in Portugal and I don't have your american brands around here, but I will go to the health store and get the best they have in there.

I think this was just the motivation I needed to get off my weight stall/plateau.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have heard of both of these things before, but haven't given either a go. I think I may start now! I already use coconut oil for my cooking and for my hair and skin. I have 2 types, one in my kitchen and one in my bathroom. I'll have to see which (if either) would be best for eating straight. I just ordered a bottle of Braggs ACV off of their website. The bottle was cheap, but the shipping was a bit outrageous. Oh well, worth it if it works!

I have severe acid reflux, so even if that is the only thing that gets better, I'll be happy!
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I used to take ACV in pill form. Any thoughts?