40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    My body ACHES from doing a Jillian Michael's workout video, so I have to take it easy today; I will probably walk. Been doing really well on the eating side of things so I hope to see a nice loss on Friday.
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sdereski – Thanks! It’s taking me longer than 30 days to complete it, but I’m sticking with it. A friend of mine did P90X, and it was a sweaty workout for her (who is in better shape than me), so it scared me a bit. That was years ago though, and after attending a boot camp class last year and working out with Jillian, I bet I could at least try it. LOL

Swissmiss – How old is your daughter?

Umpire – YOU just inspired me! I think I will try P90X after I finish the 30DS.

Beeps – I went to bed without taking a picture last night, but I will take one tonight and post it tomorrow. Don’t forget to share your pics too. :) Yeah, I’ve been told I don’t look old enough to be a grandmother, but if I don’t keep up my color it won’t take long. LOL

Gibbyup – Wow! Congrats on your new walking pace! I hope your foot feels better soon.

SCUBA – Which Jillian video were you doing?

Time for bed... enjoy your Thursday everyone!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: cndrlla, this daughter is 18. She didn't go to the Y with me.:grumble: I have been told that teenagers shouldn't be expected to do things with their parents. I am heartbroken over this. I really want to spend more time with her. Her hours are spent watching TV. I just can't do that. By the way..you look great and I can see how people wouldn't believe that you are a grandmother.

:flowerforyou: SCUBA, that sort of "ache" is the good kind. I, also, take a day off when I have really worked out hard.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    beeps...Deadlifts are my favorite exercise. I like them since I remind myself how great of a bikini body I will get from consistency!

Today is body pum and I will be drinking 35 grams of protein (trader joe's frosty chocolate) to give me energy for the class. I am hoping to nail 106 by Saturday, lowering calories more and strength training BodyPump class today and strength training on Friday... Wish me luck.

I am tire of not reaching my goal fast enough and pressure to look great in a bikini. I am taking one day at a time!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    you are right, fit.

Anyway, no work-out for me, today....had a board meeting from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm and then back to the office for work, work, WORK!

Now, off to daughter's ice hockey game....sheesh, Hawaii CANNOT come soon enough!

carry on....
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Beeps, going to Hawaii soon. Lucky you! Great motivation, I hope.

Today I completed BodyPump class and 16 mnutes of elliptical. Have a great Friday everyone. I am loving this group!

Best wishes, Rosie :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beeps, when are you leaving for Hawaii? Can you find room in your luggage for me?:bigsmile:

I think that the challenge here at work is finally got through to me. I am staying on track and losing weight. My YMCA classes begin again on Monday.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Umpire – YOU just inspired me! I think I will try P90X after I finish the 30DS.

It is tough but Tony always gives you a modified move and you do the best you can. Don't shortchange yourself but don't let the fact that you can't do something keep you from trying and eventually you can.

P90X2 scared the heck out of me but I can honestly say once I got past the initial fear, I am not doing too bad. There are moves that I still can't do after 6 weeks but I will keep working on it.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I leave for Hawaii in 5 days....no room in my luggage, but I'll send sunshine kisses to you everyday!

I lifted HEAVY today AND did HIIT.

I have to take photos and tape measurements, this weekend, for various fitness challenges I have entered. The photos always make me cry, but I think I'll be okay on the "measurements" side of the equation.....I cheated and stepped on the scale, today, and I'm unexpectedly DOWN. So, then I cheated some more and grabbed the tape measure and, unlike last month where my losses were in the 1/4" range, I have lost FULL BLOWN 1" - 1.5" on various parts of my body.

SHOCK. AND AWE.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Beeps..gotta love being pleasantly suprised with measurements and wt...way to go! Have fun in HI
    Sedreski.....loved your comment about Chris.....had the same thought but couldn't think of a way to say it....you did it very nicely
    Swiss.....good luck with your last 8lbs....wish that was all I had to go!
    Ump....with the amount of calories you burn...what is your daily intake like?

I'm adding back in my excercise this week and eating my excercise calories to keep me at 1200c a day and will see how it is when I weigh in tomorrow. I'll go through Tues the first week of March and then re-evaluate everything overall.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...it looks to be nice and sunny here with warmer weather. I can't wait to get out! :flowerforyou:
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Beeps no worries. I would love to see your progress. You are absolutely working hard. Too bad, not enough room in your suitcase for a petite person like me LOL.

I worked my butt off, literally today. I did cardio/ leg workout on stairmaster by doing criss cross for five minutes (HRM 170) and then switch to leg raises (HRM 165-170) and allowing 2 minutes rest with HRM (down 155) all in 65 minutes with a total of 560 calories. I am feeling my poor butt.

Have a great weekend, tomorrow same exercise for me stairmaster 65 minutes to burn 500 calories. I need to make at least half way to my goal 106 by the end of this month, come one. Best wishes to all of you from Rosie!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am happy to have found this thread as I was getting a little frustrated with the boards in general -- Perhaps hanging with people my own age will be helpful.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    I've missed this thread :flowerforyou:
    Beeps - that is freaking awesome! Major inches plus weight loss - win!

I've been working this week and between that, sick kids and becoming sick myself, I've been kind of slacking. I was stood up (twice) by my lifting friend :angry: and will have to suck it up and do the trainer thing. This just puts it off a tad, that's all. I must say, it's disappointing. I want to lift. I am jealous of all you lifting folks. Soon - my time will come.

Take care and have a great weekend.

ETA: Welcome SaraTN
  • Twoboysmom2
    Options
    Hi there....I just joined today and found this group...I'm a 44 yr old female, former athlete, who got sidetracked with work, 2 kids, etc...so now has 55 pounds to loose. The pre-menopausal weight gain is killing me! All on the midriff, I have major muffin-top syndrome! Its actually depressing that my clothes hang off my belly instead of my boobs. I was recently asked when my baby was due and that was a reality check for me! I look at photos of myself and can't believe that's how I really look. I joined the Goodlife gym before Christmas and have been going at least 3 times per week doing classes such as BodyPump, BodyFlow, Zumba, etc. I should also start using my home gym equipment like recumbant bike and treadmill. I like in Northern Ontario, Canada and there is still a lot of snow outdoors, so walking outside is treacherous, but I would like to resume that in the spring/summer. Any recommendations from pre-menopausal women on supplements to take to encourage weight loss and/or any healthy eating tips. All information would be welcomed. thanks.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hello! No work-out for me, today....am visiting the esthetician to ensure that I'm smooth all over for Hawaii!

Tomorrow I'll squeak in a work-out while son is swimming. Heck, I've got major DOMS from yesterday's work-out, anyway....a day of "rest" is probably a very good thing!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Hello! No work-out for me, today....am visiting the esthetician to ensure that I'm smooth all over for Hawaii!

Tomorrow I'll squeak in a work-out while son is swimming. Heck, I've got major DOMS from yesterday's work-out, anyway....a day of "rest" is probably a very good thing!

Exfoliating your skin and pampering yourself is great preparation for your Hawaii vacation. Enjoy yourself lady!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Ump....with the amount of calories you burn...what is your daily intake like?

2500 average
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to read about so many of you doing fantastic!!!!:drinker: I tried two yummy recipes today after going to the farmer's market this morning. I made some mashed cauliflower. My husband liked it. :laugh: I also made red chard with caramelized onions. It was absolutely yummy!!!! I bought some beets and will try a recipe tomorrow. Any of you have a good recipe? I've been into cooking more lately and trying new healthy recipes. It is time consuming though. LOL

Sorry for being gone so much. I have been working longer hrs at my daytime job and have no time to post here while at work. Then is coming home to prepare/eat dinner and then get ready to go teach Zumba. Then on my days "off' I am trying to catch up with everything else. :ohwell:

Take care!!! Keep up the good work!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    @alf1163: Love mashed cauliflower. Love beets too. You can cook up the beet greens like you did the red chard with caramelized onions and I bet it would be tasty. I like to saute the greens in some olive oil with garlic and then add a little Hoisin sauce. For the beets themselves, I think just roasting (coat with olive oil and season) and slicing into a salad (or having it just plain) is great. Or, you can make borscht. I like this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-beet-borscht-recipe/index.html.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Please post the recipe for "mashed cauliflower"....I would like to try it.